PDA

View Full Version : RPM axle question

04TRX400EX
02-13-2008, 04:39 PM
OK so this is probably a dumb question but what else has to be changed when you put an aftermarket axle on a quad? I am getting a RPM Dominator axle for my '04 400EX and do not know what else I need to go along with it? I see aftermarket bearing carriers and such but does the stock one in there work too? Do I just pull out the old axle and slide in the new one?

Also, in regards to the "standard" versus "race" hub RPM offers, are there any real differences? Worth going with the race?

BlaineKaiser450
02-13-2008, 08:17 PM
i got the Rpm axle and it went on in about 45 min. i used all of my stock stuff and i didnt get the race hub. Its a lot easier to install than you would think. It just baisicly slides right in place of the stock one.

boosted3g
02-13-2008, 09:12 PM
I ordered mine with the standard hub, i dont know the difference between the two. I got the millenium carrier with mine but its not nessicary, the stock one will work. I did ask about the differences in the carriers and it boiled down to what type of bearing you get with it, tapered or standard. The millenium also comes with a billet caliper bracket and the standard one dont.