PDA

View Full Version : Sprained Wrist?

Shift_450R
02-13-2008, 03:15 PM
I sprained my wrist a week ago and it still hurts really bad to move it just a little. there is some swelling, so i wrapped it in a tensor bandage. How long should it take to heal? I have two very important hockey games this weekend.

trailrider1156
02-18-2008, 11:01 AM
sprained or broken? did you have it checked out. I went 10 days on a broken wrist b4 i went in to have it checked out (only because of someones advice). mine was broke.

Velocity Girl
02-18-2008, 11:11 AM
Sprains can take quite some time to heal.

Sprained my pinkie over Thanksgiving weekend and the doc said I was looking at about 6+ weeks of it bugging the crap out of me. She was right! It's still bothering me a bit because I took another small hit to it and set it back a few weeks ago. At this rate I'm thinking mid-August and I should be good .:rolleyes:

Sorry to hear about your injury.

02-18-2008, 12:14 PM
I sprained my wrist snowboarding on January 18th and it just stopped hurting really until about a week ago.

02-18-2008, 01:44 PM
I sprained mine bad and it was swelled up really bad for 4 days. It took me atleast 2 months for it to be about normal. Once I got the splint thing off their was a bunch of fluid in my rist or what ever and I could bairly move my rist. Its been over a year now and it get sore when I use it alot. It dont bend up as far as my other rist eithor. Doing push ups I have to make a fist and put my nuckles into the ground now cause when i lay my hand flat and do a push up it hurts alot.

trxwannbe
02-18-2008, 01:55 PM
chances are there is a stress fracture...been there done that

SGA
02-18-2008, 09:21 PM
A bad sprain takes time to heal. Id say a month or two and it will still be a bit tender for awhile after that.

Moded86R
02-20-2008, 05:56 PM
Last summer I wrecked a yz250F.Sprained my wrist and my ankle.(It sucked because one was my left and the other right.)It still hurts.I was out of work for a week.

Just take your time on it!I didn't go to the doctor either.

I think mine still hurts because I broke my wrist before.Both of them at the same time!