PDA

View Full Version : GNCC Racing in Kentucky

Sparky Johnson
02-13-2008, 02:18 PM
Does anyone know if there are any GNCC races held in Kentucky, and where?

And also if it is convenient, can someone post a schedule?

cwjr
02-13-2008, 02:24 PM
gnccracing.com

elmer91
02-13-2008, 02:25 PM
'the spartan' is in kentucky. located in Sparta, KY. not sure on an exact date, but it is normally in june.

Sparky Johnson
02-13-2008, 02:26 PM
thanks...

my88r
02-13-2008, 02:57 PM
http://www.racerpress.com/newsmanager/templates/?a=224&z=24

Sparky Johnson
02-13-2008, 02:59 PM
thanks, thats just what i wanted to see...

thanks...

Cody_300ex
02-13-2008, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Sparky Johnson
thanks, thats just what i wanted to see...

thanks...

What part of KY are you in? If your west of Bowling Green, your out of luck cause this has to be one of the worst parts of the country for any kind of santioned quad races

Sparky Johnson
02-13-2008, 09:10 PM
im north of bowling green, i live about 10 minutes from mammoth cave, if u know where that is...

smr
02-14-2008, 06:50 AM
10 miles from mammath cave.....and your a johnson. Have you ever heard of big Johnson racing in Park City?

smr
02-14-2008, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by Cody_300ex
What part of KY are you in? If your west of Bowling Green, your out of luck cause this has to be one of the worst parts of the country for any kind of santioned quad races

WOW..you live in paducah and you say that. Midsouth has a several races close to you. Next one close to you will be Cobb Ky, it's about 1 hour east of Paducah. You are also not that far from Missouri where they run the OXC. My son and I try to run both series.

Dr89
02-14-2008, 12:35 PM
for its size kentucky actually has a lot of races....you might have to travel a little bit but they cant all be in your backyard haha.

i dont know how far north you are but haspin acres in southern indiana has a sweet gncc course...i love it. im in lexington and its about a 2 hour drive. super easy to get there too.

Cody_300ex
02-14-2008, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by smr
WOW..you live in paducah and you say that. Midsouth has a several races close to you. Next one close to you will be Cobb Ky, it's about 1 hour east of Paducah. You are also not that far from Missouri where they run the OXC. My son and I try to run both series.

Yes, I do. We have the Steve Nace TT series and it's a joke, they schedule about 10 races a year and 2 or 3 get canceled and 2 more are in Indiana. There's the indoor MX series at murray and Little Sturgis if you want to hit your head on a rafter. I've never Heard of the mid-south nor the OXC, they have websites? Im about 5 hours away from Cincinnati, give or take.

400thacker
02-14-2008, 02:34 PM
this is the only thing that i know about in kentucky...

earlywine racing indoor track

www.earlywineracing.com

elmer91
02-14-2008, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by 400thacker
this is the only thing that i know about in kentucky...

earlywine racing indoor track

www.earlywineracing.com

I have heard that the track this year isnt that good. it doesnt have many good jumps. another one, but i have heard this is mainly set up for bikes, is Taylor Racing, in what used to be cowtown in williamstown. that is the only tracks i know about. as for trails, there are quite a few.

Ralph
02-14-2008, 04:36 PM
We have all the gncc info right here

GNCC Race Schedule, News, Race Reports, Photos and More (http://www.atvriders.com/atvracing/gncc-xc-atv-racing-series-info.html)

TWILES
02-14-2008, 06:18 PM
Western KY and Northwestern TN used to be the place to be for quad MX racing. I'm from south of Benton KY and now I live in Dexter and there was what was called the KTMXA series and Chris Grissom had his "fair ground" races in the fall that were fun. There was a schedule with points and a banquet at the end of the year for each with stuff for like the top 5. Grissom would give something to the top 10. There are still a lot of tracks around here but they aren't organized like they used to be. You'd have to find a shop that delt with MX to get a list of all the tracks. I agree about the TT races. They are about a joke. There should be some flyers out in a month or two. They normally start up in April at the latest.