PDA

View Full Version : Good day turned Badddddd

dirtbike&quad
02-13-2008, 02:15 PM
well it was pouring snow last night up until about 8 so my buddies and i were riding until 6 at my house. got up this morning and hell no school so i shot over to my friends and road around. he has about 500 acres (not all his...but we can still ride on them) so we're goin through the fields and trails and stuff, and we are SOAKEDDDDDD. make a long story short we cross a river (which is overflowing) and we sped through it to get over as quick as possible and bam on the other side there is a log on the ground i hit and i break my tie rod end, we were about a mile away from the house stuck out there, so we get the trailer out into the woods as far as possible and start to push the quad and use the 4x4 winch to pull the quad out of the woods. took a while.

then we fixed it, did a ghetto weld and whatnot, and on the way home my grabbar hit my window on the pickup and POP, shattered the slidding window. it shattered into the car so it took me an hour to clean up and put plastic over the hole.

it sucked!!

short story: broke tie rod end then broke window on pickup.

dirtbike&quad
02-13-2008, 02:16 PM
the window sounded like a gun shot. and the glass shot into the car going everywhere, which sucked.

Shift_450R
02-13-2008, 02:18 PM
you should have loaded it the other way around....ive never seen anyone put a quad that way in a truck. if i ever get a truck the first thing i would do is get a headache rack, eliminates a rear window problem altogether, but that sucks man. When it rains it pours huh:ermm:

beaker1214
02-13-2008, 02:28 PM
Don't feel bad we had a warn bumper on the front of our grizzley and I put it n the back of the truck and had a block for the tires to hit bc I knew it would go through if I didn't. but I snugged it up on the block but the wheels went up on the block and the bumper went straight through the glass.......got glass all over the subs and everywhere....took forever to finally get all the glass pieces out and there was still alot of pieces back there like glitter size after vacuuming it many times.

dirtbike&quad
02-13-2008, 02:40 PM
well my quad was on my friends trailor still after getting it out of the woods so it was sitting forward in that...so we just pulled my truck up real close to the trailor then just picked it up off the trailor onto the pickup and it went on that way.
first time ive ever done it that way, AND THE LAST!

it took me an hour to clean up the interior with all the parts, and like you said i still have a lot of little "glitter"-ish pieces on the seats. im going to duck tape the seats and then peel off the duct tape and see if it pulls up the pieces

97blaster200
02-13-2008, 04:56 PM
uber pwned.

dirtbike&quad
02-13-2008, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by 97blaster200
uber pwned.

hillarious. yo change ur avatar

97blaster200
02-13-2008, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by dirtbike&quad
hillarious. yo change ur avatar

dude!

i should!

word!

you still got pwned!

haha.

dirtbike&quad
02-13-2008, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by 97blaster200
dude!

i should!

word!

you still got pwned!

haha.

ur pretty gay. u also have to change that little thing underneath ur dumb screenname. where it says bansheeeeeeee

97blaster200
02-13-2008, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by dirtbike&quad
ur pretty gay. u also have to change that little thing underneath ur dumb screenname. where it says bansheeeeeeee

haha forgot about that

dpizz450
02-13-2008, 07:21 PM
damn man cant catch a break eh? i know how those days are. hope you have a better rest of the week. i remember for some weird reason i had to load my quad up like that one time and i saw that grab bar close to the window and i was like ohh hell no so i wrapped a pillow around it. cant remember why i had it in the truck like that though. but if thats a slider windwo which it looks like it shouldnt be TO expensive to replace if it is only the middle glass broken. better luck man.

440racer66
02-13-2008, 08:46 PM
how good is your insure' cuz i would tell them some one busted it out thats what my dad did haha it happens to about every one once

JOEX
02-13-2008, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by 440racer66
how good is your insure' cuz i would tell them some one busted it out thats what my dad did haha it happens to about every one once
That's called insurance fraud...:ermm:

440racer66
02-13-2008, 09:00 PM
haha well you payy all that cash and most of the time you end up never usin it... i call it bending the truth but some call it fraud haha it was only a suggestion

JOEX
02-13-2008, 09:06 PM
haha well you payy all that cash and most of the time you end up never usin it... i call it bending the truth but some call it fraud haha it was only a suggestion
We ALL have to pay that cash, more than should be neccessary, because of people like your dad...

I guess he passed it on to you too:ermm:

440racer66
02-13-2008, 09:21 PM
well back then we werent as well off at the time and i was a lil suzuki 185 and he worked in a factory and was goin to college to get where we are today and we didnt have to money and my sister would have had to rode in the back seat of this truck in the winter she was 3 at the time.. i dont think that was too unreasonable to do that... today he could pay for it and not sweat it. and it was a light hearted suggestion. im sorry if i seem confrontaional but i wanted a atv soo bad he saved so long to buy this lil worn out thing and not three weeks later we were gonna have a lil fun in the snow and he did this on accident.. you chose food on the table or power for heat or do a lil lying.. i try not to get in internet arguments i hate them so i am askin you nicely to sort of go easy on my dad and me..

JOEX
02-13-2008, 09:46 PM
well back then we werent as well off at the time and i was a lil suzuki 185 and he worked in a factory and was goin to college to get where we are today and we didnt have to money and my sister would have had to rode in the back seat of this truck in the winter she was 3 at the time.. i dont think that was too unreasonable to do that... today he could pay for it and not sweat it. and it was a light hearted suggestion. im sorry if i seem confrontaional but i wanted a atv soo bad he saved so long to buy this lil worn out thing and not three weeks later we were gonna have a lil fun in the snow and he did this on accident.. you chose food on the table or power for heat or do a lil lying.. i try not to get in internet arguments i hate them so i am askin you nicely to sort of go easy on my dad and me..
I know what it's like not having much as a kid... we didn't have any luxuries either. I didn't take your comments as confrontational... seemed more like 'bragging' and 'it's okay to do this' which it's not and I belive you now know that it isn't OK.

In reality you had it pretty good, with things that really matter;)