PDA

View Full Version : typhoon transformation begins.

hanzito
02-13-2008, 12:38 PM
So this past sunday i watched my son get out powered for the last time in his flat track main event race. Last week i bought a new pitster pro x4r with a 125 motor in it. I emediatley put a 146 big bore kit and a kitacko cdi on it. well on sunday evening when we got home from the track the project began. I pull my motor out of my bike with one race on it. it now resides in my sons typhoon. But i have a small problem the BBR exhaust i put on his bike is restricktive. so i have to try out the stock big bore exaust from my pitbike. I will have some pics up tonight. i have to go take some. the install was suprisingly easy and quick we did it in a cuple of hours. To make it easier i just completly removed the wiring harnes from the typhoon and replaced it with harness from my pitbike. The only things i have left for the motor is a different exhaust and i am going to install a 26mm carb. thenk it is on to the suspension.

hanzito
02-13-2008, 01:58 PM
i also planon buyin some of the lower a arms from the ssr copy of the typhoon. it has the shock mount on the top of the arm. and they are only 32 bucks. so pretty cheap and way easier than trying to modify my current ones.

Jaybird
02-13-2008, 02:56 PM
Could you send me a link to where you can purchase those arms? Someone was going to send me some but I have not seen them yet. I modified ours yesterday but not real happy with the way it turned out.
Thanks,
Brian

hanzito
02-13-2008, 03:03 PM
i am getting them from my buddy that owns a pitbike shop. he carrys pitster pro, SSR, and Xtreme. So he called them directly. if you want some i can give you his info or i can can them and ship them to you.

Jaybird
02-13-2008, 03:55 PM
Yes, PM me his info if he does mail order. If not we can work something out. I'm assuming it's 32$ a side, right?
Thanks for your help,
Brian

azextreme
02-13-2008, 08:23 PM
Hanz the head I have for sale will really wake the gpx up!!!! The stock gpx head is not that great (Almost ever pit racer with a gpx 124 puts on the lifan BVH)

hanzito
02-13-2008, 11:32 PM
what are the specs on the lifan head. your sure it fits the gpx124 motor? how much do you want shipped to idaho.

hanzito
02-13-2008, 11:38 PM
jay bird the website is extreme sports and gear.com (http://www.extremesportsandgear.com/servlet/StoreFront) or email him extremesportsandgear@cableone.net or call (208) 323-2453. His name is Cacey. Tel him that you want the arms that Hans is getting. And if i am correct i believe he said they are normal lik 43 bucks ish. But not 100%. the other was the good buddy price. but call him he is great to work with.

hans

azextreme
02-14-2008, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by hanzito
what are the specs on the lifan head. your sure it fits the gpx124 motor? how much do you want shipped to idaho.

$225 shipped and yes it will fit the GPX motor also!

Jaybird
02-14-2008, 06:26 AM
Got the pm on the arms. Thanks!

wolfpack91
02-15-2008, 03:56 PM
I emailed about those a-arms and got no reply. Has anyone else had any luck?

hanzito
02-16-2008, 02:53 AM
i have mine on the way. we ordered them wed. i will talk to my buddy this weekend during our flat track racing. we all race pitbikes as well as full size quads and we have a adult race on th emini quads. i will get back with you at the end of the weekend or the first of next week. but shouldnt be a problem even if i have ot buy them then ship them out.