PDA

View Full Version : mixture screw location

xd-shawn
02-13-2008, 10:58 AM
i just got done installing my jets on my 07 400ex and was wondering where the mixture screw is located? i was gonna follow the advise of some on here and go 2 1/2 turns out but i cant seem to find it

help quick!!

anything else before i put it back together?

i went with a 155 main and a 40 pilot for my soon to be here exhaust/filter

BladeRob
02-13-2008, 11:33 AM
If its the same as my 05 - it is located in front of the float chamber, roughly on the centreline of the carb (tucked up inside a recess). It will not have a normal screw slot, instead you will need a special tool to adjust it (or lots of cunning!). The head of the screw is like the letter D.

xd-shawn
02-13-2008, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by BladeRob
If its the same as my 05 - it is located in front of the float chamber, roughly on the centreline of the carb (tucked up inside a recess). It will not have a normal screw slot, instead you will need a special tool to adjust it (or lots of cunning!). The head of the screw is like the letter D.

i see that now, i asked the dealer if i would need anything special to adjust it and they said no :rolleyes: i was able to get a screwdriver in there to move it just a hair, i saw somewhere on the forums that stock is 2 1/4 out and for what i mods i have most recomend 2 1/2 turns out so i turned it a little bit, my pipe will be here tonight, anything else i should do before then? the weather is breaking and i cant wait to get out this w/e