PDA

View Full Version : UniFilter

tdmopar59
02-12-2008, 10:06 PM
Well i was origanally planning on getting the k&n.... it seems like the uni-filter is really popular on hear though... it is a foam filter just like stock so my question is does this filter perform better than a k&n or is it just a better filter?? does it perform better than stock?? do you still have to rejet when you install one of these filters?

Thanks for the help!

my88r
02-12-2008, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by tdmopar59
Well i was origanally planning on getting the k&n.... it seems like the uni-filter is really popular on hear though... it is a foam filter just like stock so my question is does this filter perform better than a k&n or is it just a better filter?? does it perform better than stock?? do you still have to rejet when you install one of these filters?

Thanks for the help!

a uni is much better. no dirt in the carb. as you get with k&n if all your doing is a filter. no jetting is required. but keep a eye on plug color.

hornetgod13
02-13-2008, 12:08 AM
There are tons of threads out there that argue the UNI/K&N filter debate. I personally own a UNI filter and don't regret it one bit. The UNI filter is a two stage hi-flow filter. It's much better than stock and flows much more air than the stock filter.

TRXRacer1
02-13-2008, 05:35 AM
I've ran both for many many years and you will NOT get dirt in your engine from a K&N if you clean and oil it properly. You also DO want to check jetting anytime you mess with intake or exhaust parts if you want the most out of your machine. I recently tried a moose foam filter because my K&N was wearing out after 7 years and I can not feel a difference in power.

tdmopar59
02-13-2008, 09:24 AM
oic... well i use the search and see what i come up with...

tdmopar59
02-13-2008, 09:45 AM
well... i went through the search and couldnt find to much... the way it seems to me is that the k & n flows better but in order for it to filter well it has to be properly maintained.... is this correct?

TRXRacer1
02-13-2008, 09:56 AM
well... i went through the search and couldnt find to much... the way it seems to me is that the k & n flows better but in order for it to filter well it has to be properly maintained.... is this correct? Bingo! It does take more maintenance then a uni.

tdmopar59
02-13-2008, 10:02 AM
well maintance is no big deal to me... as long as i get the performance out of it...

Shaun Martens
02-13-2008, 12:39 PM
has anyone tried the velocity air filters?

my88r
02-13-2008, 01:56 PM
well maintance is no big deal to me... as long as i get the performance out of it...

with a air filter your not going to see a huge gain. unless you go with no airbox lid,piped. but then make sure you rejet. if you do get the K&N make sure you get the outerwears cover.

tdmopar59
02-13-2008, 09:03 PM
well my overall thoughts as of right now is i will either use my airbox lid or get one of those water repellent covers..... and i plan on getting a full yoshimura exhaust.... and rejetting it.. i plan on installing all at once so i only have to rejet once... what filter should i get??

my88r
02-13-2008, 09:30 PM
well my overall thoughts as of right now is i will either use my airbox lid or get one of those water repellent covers..... and i plan on getting a full yoshimura exhaust.... and rejetting it.. i plan on installing all at once so i only have to rejet once... what filter should i get??

to be honest. go with what you want. i ran a K&N wasn't really any gain. now i have white brothers foam. no real huge gain. unless you dyno it you might see the slight power gain. just run a outwears filter cover.:)

tdmopar59
02-13-2008, 09:49 PM
which one??? who makes the one that goes over the air box??? how does it mount up?

my88r
02-13-2008, 09:52 PM
which one??? who makes the one that goes over the air box??? how does it mount up?

outerwear makes a cover.K&N makes a power lid.

tdmopar59
02-13-2008, 10:05 PM
outerwear it is LOL

my88r
02-13-2008, 10:11 PM
heres how to mount it

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=330349

tdmopar59
02-13-2008, 10:42 PM
looks good to me! put that on the list of what to do when i can affoard stuff... LOL