PDA

View Full Version : Front Shock Specs

RIDER11X
11-17-2002, 07:46 PM
I PLAN TO PURCHASE A SET OF WORKS PERFORMANCE STEELER FRONT SHOCKS WITHOUT REZZIES FOR EASTERN WOODS/ TRAIL RIDING. I KNOW THESE ARE NOT TOP OF THE LINE SHOCKS, BUT MY RACING DAYS ARE OVER........THIS IS MY TRAIL MACHINE, AND COST IS A FACTOR.

MY QUESTION IS, HAS ANYONE ORDERED THESE SHOCKS FOR XC/WOODS APPLICATION? ARE THEY A PLUSH RIDING SHOCK? DO THEY BOTTOM EASILY? DO THEY CAUSE THE QUAD TO PUSH IN THE CORNERS?( A FRIEND OF MINE ORDERED A PAIR FOR HIS "R" AS AGRESSIVE RECREATIONAL, AND THEY ARE VERY STIFF, CAUSING FRONT END PUSH.

THANKS FOR ANY ADVICE OR KNOWLEDGE!:)

11-17-2002, 09:02 PM
Imnot sure cuz ive never tried those but I dont think they sound like the type of works that will hold up good on trail's im sure youll like em better then stock but go with triple rate no rezzies theyll be a notice on that for woods and they dont cost much

forum
11-17-2002, 09:30 PM
dual rates are better for trail riding!

RIDER11X
11-17-2002, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Lathers
Imnot sure cuz ive never tried those but I dont think they sound like the type of works that will hold up good on trail's im sure youll like em better then stock but go with triple rate no rezzies theyll be a notice on that for woods and they dont cost much

THE SHOCKS I'M TALKING ABOUT ARE TRIPLE RATES. WOULD DUAL RATES BE BETTER IN THE WOODS ON A 400EX? DO THEY MAKE THEM?:huh

Marty@TheQuadshop
11-18-2002, 12:44 AM
On the works shocks I would go with the dual rate shcoks and add a zero preload set up for them to give you the altimate ride.
We can sell them to you with this set up just give Jeff a call
502-243-0193

spliffy
11-18-2002, 08:43 AM
What Does The Zero Preload Mean? Meaning When You Sit On The Machine They Don't Go Down?