PDA

View Full Version : wreck

tp300ex
02-12-2008, 07:50 PM
got in a wreck today

story:
I was at a light by some railroads and the light turned green...well i didn't know so they honk the horn at me and i begin to go..well theres a side street on my right side and i was half way past it when the truck (f 150) plowed into me causing me to do a 180...
when i was spinning around i hit another truck on the side of me making more damage on my truck...after i get out and see what it looks like i flipped...my axle was ripped out but still holding on by shocks..my leaf springs got ripped out from under the blocks.. my bed was crushed into my new tires and rims...and the other side was the same with a smashed door panal...
idk if its totaled or not.. but for some reason the guy that hit me refused to get out of the truck...when the cops got to the wreck they put him in the cop car so im guessing he may have been drinking or something idk ill have pics of the damage tomorrow...

sorry for the long post just venting...and i know i didn't use good grammar

kawiefan
02-12-2008, 07:58 PM
hope your ok and that the truck isint totaled

tp300ex
02-12-2008, 08:07 PM
well as of right now we want it to be totaled instead of spending 18,000 on fixing it

Kickstarts-suck
02-12-2008, 08:12 PM
damn that sucks

RIP truck :(

any pics :p

dirtbike&quad
02-12-2008, 08:18 PM
dam dude i know what you mean about wanting it to be totalled. im sorry bout what happened glad to see ur alright

One_Bad_400
02-12-2008, 08:33 PM
sorry to hear... what kinda truck you got?

tp300ex
02-12-2008, 08:38 PM
06 Chevy z71 crew cab
this is what it looked like

NacsMXer
02-12-2008, 09:29 PM
Ouch, sorry to hear man that was a nice truck. Good that you're ok though :) Hopefully things will go in your favor and insurance will take care of the rest.

Flyin-Low
02-12-2008, 09:40 PM
We'll all pray that you have a nice destroyed frame so it'll be a write off, and you can get all that money.

But sorry to hear about that.

Which 450?
02-13-2008, 08:19 AM
ahh, been there done that! WIth insurance companies like geico, they will do anythign to save a penny. Bent frame? NO PROBLEM!! IF it costs $17,500 to fix it, and its worth $18,000, they will fix it. And what sucks is it will NEVER be right again. Best thing is for it to be totalled. Sometimes they will find you a comparable vehicle and just give that too you. All depends on the insurance company. So was this your fault or not?

j_cyrus3
02-13-2008, 08:44 AM
Talk to the body shop that did the estimate. Where I used to work if the owner knew you decent, he would write up every single little thing, plus some to total it. I've seen him total vehicles that liked about 3,000$ from being totaled. :ermm:

If it isn't totaled, take it to THE BEST body shop in town if you want it right.

bustedknuckle
02-13-2008, 09:23 AM
Sorry To Hear That.How About this, I Just Bought A 08 Duramax.Its Snowing And Freezing Rain.Here In Pa.Im Afraid To Take It Out.Sounds Crazey, But Ive Been Saving For Three Years.Plus Building Our Quad To Race.And Going To The Gncc.God Forgive The First Person That Scraches It .

NJ450rider
02-13-2008, 10:50 AM
Its not even two years old. Im sure theyll fix it. Anybody shop with great talent will be able to change a frame and fix the rest no sweat. My dad has been doing autobody work for almost 35 years. By what you describe itll most likely be fixed. My dad has fixed some amazing wrecks that blow my mind. Hes good. lol. Glad to see your alright and hope all works out well for your truck. If you really dont want it anymore talk them into totalling it.

MX MaNiAc 06
02-13-2008, 11:09 AM
Ah thats horrible man. Thats a beautiful truck. With that much damage they should call it totalled. Did u get banged up pretty good? Were u wearing a seatbelt?

I was in the truck when my buddy wrecked his Dakota. It was 5000 in damage n he said a few hundred more bucks it would have been totalled. It was only a snapped axle and the front fender was smashed in.

dpizz450
02-13-2008, 01:15 PM
damn tad your up there with me in wrecks now haha. whos fault did it end up being? what road was it on? guess were not going to the dunes then unless we pull a trailer with my truck :devil:

dpizz450
02-13-2008, 01:16 PM
oh yeah and if you were drivin a ford that wouldnt have happened :blah: ha just kiddin i miss my chevy

tp300ex
02-13-2008, 03:41 PM
i was wearing a seat belt like i always do,it wasn't my fault cuzz he ran the sign and i had the right away and no i was not hurt....his insurance is crap tho...but i know every one wants to see it so i went and got pics

tp300ex
02-13-2008, 03:54 PM
:(

tp300ex
02-13-2008, 03:55 PM
:ermm:

tp300ex
02-13-2008, 03:56 PM
so so so sad

tp300ex
02-13-2008, 03:56 PM

tp300ex
02-13-2008, 03:57 PM
leaf springs kinda got torn all up...

Cody_300ex
02-13-2008, 03:57 PM
Looks like the new wheels and tires are ok.

02-13-2008, 04:20 PM
if the insurance company takes it away your gonna get some serious cash

my mom got hit in the back and she got like 5gz and it took my dad 3 hours in his shop to fix it with and no parts were needed

CorvetteZ06
02-13-2008, 04:56 PM
glad to hear your not hurt, the truck can be replaced.

dpizz450
02-13-2008, 07:14 PM
ehh idk if thats gonna be totalled man! it looks pretty damn dinged up though. what ya gonna get if it is totalled? :devil: :devil: and damn i aint seen your new rims yet, those biatches are fly yeah! how big are those rims? and i think if it is totalled you will be able to get those tires off of it after insurance adds everything up. not sure but i've heard of people being able to go get all their aftermarket stuff out after but that was like stereo and stuff. maybe so. is that one tire and rim messed up??

dpizz450
02-13-2008, 07:16 PM
and im guessing the guy hit you on the passenger bed side and that made you hit the other guy on your drivers side? whta kind of other truck did you hit? was it messed up bad?

tp300ex
02-13-2008, 07:23 PM
the truck that hit me first was a f 150 long bed....the truck i slid into was a dodge 2500 long bed it was pretty messed up might need a new bed...

anyone who does body work can tell me what you think might happen totaled or not?

j_cyrus3
02-13-2008, 08:45 PM
The door and rear part of the cab could be easily fixed. A little bit of bondo and it will look brand new.

The bed, you're probably gonna need a new bedside on both sides. Didn't see if it damaged your tailgate or not. Underneath is a different story. Pulling a frame takes a lot of work, a lot of measuring with lazer, ect.

If it hadn't knocked your rear end out from under the truck I think you would have been able to keep it. But when you get into that kind of stuff it gets costly.

BTW I worked at the #1 body shop in our region for a little more than a year, just throwing that out there. I've seen a lot worse than this and it be fixed, you can't really never tell.

dpizz450
02-13-2008, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by j_cyrus3
The door and rear part of the cab could be easily fixed. A little bit of bondo and it will look brand new.

The bed, you're probably gonna need a new bedside on both sides. Didn't see if it damaged your tailgate or not. Underneath is a different story. Pulling a frame takes a lot of work, a lot of measuring with lazer, ect.

If it hadn't knocked your rear end out from under the truck I think you would have been able to keep it. But when you get into that kind of stuff it gets costly.

BTW I worked at the #1 body shop in our region for a little more than a year, just throwing that out there. I've seen a lot worse than this and it be fixed, you can't really never tell.

i know you probably know more then me about body work but take another look at those pics. i dont think any of that could be bondoed...?

tp300ex
02-13-2008, 09:46 PM
the guy fixing the truck said i need a whole new bed...he also said that the door was going to be a tough fix.. he said the frame might be bent he has to look...im going to need a new axle for sure probley 2 new shocks and all that hardware i just cant seem to find out how much an axle and bed will cost

j_cyrus3
02-13-2008, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by YZrida
i know you probably know more then me about body work but take another look at those pics. i dont think any of that could be bondoed...?

The cab would be pin welded and pulled, and bondo would be spread over it and it would get smoothed out, sanded, prepped for paint.

After looking twice and looking good at that door, you might as well gut it and put a new door on it or you're gonna have a lot of noise in the cab if you repair that door. Also you might have water leaks if it doesn't seal off good. I just now noticed the gap. I was just looking at the dents at first.

TP300ex - you might want to look into getting another door. I don't know how that body shop works, but if his employee is gonna get more hours beating on that door and trying to fix it, he's probably gonna make a little bit more cash.

When you get it back look at your gaps with the door and bed, check the paint for dirt nibs, ect. If there is 1 dirt nib in that paint and someone sees it, they're gonna know that truck has been wrecked. This might not seem too important right now, but if you take that truck to a dealer a few years down the road to trade or sell, they're going to question the body work.

Also, check the paint from different shades of light if possible. They will more than likely buff the truck after painting, but you MIGHT be able to tell a color difference.

Make sure to check the truck for overspray paint also, if it feels rough, it has overspray on it.

There are so many things I could tell you to look for, I just can't sit here and type them all. I hope this helps.

Hondarluvr
02-14-2008, 04:50 PM
A girl just hit my moms 06' titan they had to repair a bedside and replace the axel and a rim and tire (pro/comp -bfg all terain) - they didnt total the titan, but her body damage wasn't as bad as yours so idk Im guessing it might be close

dpizz450
02-14-2008, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by j_cyrus3
The cab would be pin welded and pulled, and bondo would be spread over it and it would get smoothed out, sanded, prepped for paint.

After looking twice and looking good at that door, you might as well gut it and put a new door on it or you're gonna have a lot of noise in the cab if you repair that door. Also you might have water leaks if it doesn't seal off good. I just now noticed the gap. I was just looking at the dents at first.

TP300ex - you might want to look into getting another door. I don't know how that body shop works, but if his employee is gonna get more hours beating on that door and trying to fix it, he's probably gonna make a little bit more cash.

When you get it back look at your gaps with the door and bed, check the paint for dirt nibs, ect. If there is 1 dirt nib in that paint and someone sees it, they're gonna know that truck has been wrecked. This might not seem too important right now, but if you take that truck to a dealer a few years down the road to trade or sell, they're going to question the body work.

yeah thats what i meant when i said i didnt think any of that would be able to be bondoed. the door would be more trouble then its worth to fix that one. i figured that part of the cab between the door and bed could be bondoed(is that the part of the cab you were talking about?). but what do i know im no bodyshop mechanic.

dudeman_29
02-14-2008, 11:01 PM
The body isn't that bad. They should just reskinthe door. Or at least here at Autobody USA (name of the body shop I work for) that's what we would do. As far as putting it on the frame rack and meassureing it up. Now your talking some money. I wish I could tell you if its a total but I can't nor can anyone from pics. However if they go to fix it. Your going to have a junk 06 truck. I wrecked my 01 blazer two years ago and told the insurance to pay me (after having 2 3rd party body shops price it out) and scraped it. Bring me your truck and I'll pull your frame but I'll scrap mine if it's bent. I hope that tells you something. I mean todays frame racks are amazing but once metal is deformed it is never the same. Don't get me wrong when they get done with your truck it will be safe but thats about it. Make sure you get a good job done and get it traded in or sold before carfax gets it. We tell our customers about a month to ditch that hunk of crap before people know its junk. Look up autobody USA see if there is one in your area there like the walmart of body shops. Do we do good work? Yes. Do we care about our customers? Yes. Is your bent frame still junk when we fix it? YES!

250rAL
02-15-2008, 07:46 AM
In my state, you're required by law to disclose that much damage when you sell it. What about your state?

cmaxx
02-15-2008, 07:51 AM
if the insurance takes it you should take off the wheels and tires first.

zukirules
02-15-2008, 10:22 AM
Maybe he saw the honda sticker and wanted to ram you :blah: lol j/p bro, that sucks. Nice truck BTW

tp300ex
02-15-2008, 02:07 PM
im 17 so if its not totaled im going to keep it...cuzz its a nice first truck and my dads not going to just sell it and get a new one..

Stevie-D
02-16-2008, 07:17 AM
Sorry To Hear That.How About this, I Just Bought A 08 Duramax.Its Snowing And Freezing Rain.Here In Pa.Im Afraid To Take It Out.Sounds Crazey, But Ive Been Saving For Three Years.Plus Building Our Quad To Race.And Going To The Gncc.God Forgive The First Person That Scraches It .

good idea on staying home! i finally took out a loan on a truck in december, and within a month, the torque convertor went out and took the rest of the tranny with it. warranty covered it, plus a rental car for the week or so it was down.

then i decided to take it out a few weeks ago during an ice storm. lemme tell ya, sliding down a mountain road sideways and hitting a tree isnt too much fun

http://a539.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/45/l_bddbbec7cece038646f599466a3c08aa.jpg

http://a557.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/119/l_3333c83e7378c2496e6189f2892489f4.jpg

thank god the suspension isn't built like it used to be. sheared the lower ball joint off, ripped the half shaft out, mangled the steering knuckle, etc etc... no frame damage at all

Mxjunkie
02-16-2008, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by tp300ex
the truck that hit me first was a f 150 long bed....the truck i slid into was a dodge 2500 long bed it was pretty messed up might need a new bed...

anyone who does body work can tell me what you think might happen totaled or not?

It's going to be totaled, anytime a car takes a hit like that they total them because I can already tell by the way your bed looks that the frame is bent, then you add the time and labor in the cab it will be cheaper for them just to give you another truck. Even if they do fix it which is doubtful, get rid of it soon as possible. Cars that take a hit like that are never the same, I get so disgusted trying to work on some cars that were in major accidents and I have to deal with all kinds of rigs body shops do to make body lines perfect etc.. Few body shops around here egg out holes with die grinders so they can move stuff around and get it perfect.. I've had a couple doors shimmed with little pieces of wood before, they tryed to hide it by taking a paint brush and paint the wood the color of the truck once it was bolted up..I just worked on a dodge and they welded the front bumper to the frame horns so they wouldnt have to strighten them.. :o :scary:

hondarider101
02-16-2008, 08:22 AM
post some pictures of what it looks like now....

tp300ex
02-16-2008, 11:17 AM
post pics of wat?

and thanks josh...many people have told me that my truck will never be the same..

Seano300ex
02-16-2008, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by tp300ex
im 17 so if its not totaled im going to keep it...cuzz its a nice first truck and my dads not going to just sell it and get a new one..
dude that is a sweet first truck, sorry to hear this happend tho. hopefuly everything works out for the best for u and ur baby lol

Which 450?
02-17-2008, 06:49 AM
dude, if they total it, try and buy it back. There are people that will pay big bucks for the drive train, not to mention parting out the rest of the truck that was not damaged. That 5.3 runs like hell in an s-10.

mstrfreestyle69
02-17-2008, 04:40 PM
the truck may be totaled but it could be fixed, usualy if it exceeds 75% or more of the blue book value they will total it.If the shop knows what they are doing and straighten the frame right the truck will be good as new. With the new chief frame racks you can pull a car to and with in its self to 0mm, from the factory they are no were near that good most are any were from 2 to 3mm off. and as for the paint matching you can only get paint to match in one type of light and that is day light. that is why paint booths have daylight corrected bulbs.