PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning a K&N filter

Crazy lil punk
02-12-2008, 06:55 PM
Anyone have any advice?

stuntin andy
02-13-2008, 05:06 AM
i had a uni air filer and all i did was rince it down with dish washing soap and hot watter till i got all the oil out and then put air filter oil on it. but if u have 1 of them fancy k&n filters they have a kit for it.

my88r
02-18-2008, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Crazy lil punk
Anyone have any advice?

buy the k&n filter cleaner and oil. they sell it as a kit. most auto parts stores should carry it.

03-04-2008, 10:40 PM
PM'd

450racers.com
03-11-2008, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Crazy lil punk
Anyone have any advice?

I have used K&N filters for years, but only recently bought the filter charger kit. Man I wish I would have used it from the start! The stuff works so well I dont even dread cleaning the filter like I used to.

Sometimes being a tight-wad makes it harder on yourself.

04TRX400EX
03-11-2008, 02:34 PM
You must buy the K&N Recharger kit sold at your dealer or any auto parts store. Do not use any other brand of cleaner and/or oil to maintain a K&N filter.

It is a simple process of spraying the cleaner onto the filter, allowing it to soak for ~10 minutes, rinsing the filter with water from the inside out, allowing the filter to dry completely (I always let mine sit overnight), and then re-applying fresh filter oil. Be sure to not over oil the filter or else the material will become saturated and the excess will leak into your airbox ... I made that mistake the first time :p

In my opinion, cleaning a K&N is way easier and more effective than cleaning a foam filter.