PDA

View Full Version : 09 450r

miles Machine
02-12-2008, 05:58 PM
So has any one herd any hype about the 09 450r yet?

chad502ex
02-12-2008, 06:21 PM
I'm going to the Dealer Show in Indy this thursday...

maybe HONDA will release their new lineup then....

I doubt it, but we'll see....

:confused:

02-12-2008, 06:37 PM
Yea man definatly let me know becuase I would really like to see efi and some new parts.

desratt
02-12-2008, 06:49 PM
honda usually announces in july

miles Machine
02-12-2008, 07:34 PM
im really hoping its and amazing EFI mx racing monster, if they don't come out with something new this year im gonna be switching to kawasaki next year.

115mphclub
02-12-2008, 08:25 PM
dude, my buddy let me ride his practice bike (Kawi), and it's a beast. they ride really good.

Dave400ex
02-12-2008, 08:31 PM
You won't hear anything about it at the Dealer Show. Usually they release the unchaged models in June or July and release new or updated versions in September at their show. So hopefully it doesn't get released this summer. Honda needs to do some changes. Don't care about EFI, but they could do everything but that.

BlaineKaiser450
02-12-2008, 08:37 PM
i hope that if you get the HRC, its like the suzuki (already wide, 18 in tires...) and if you dont its an updated trail bike, but we all know that im just dreaming here :rolleyes:

Rich250RRacer
02-12-2008, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by BlaineKaiser450
i hope that if you get the HRC, its like the suzuki (already wide, 18 in tires...) and if you dont its an updated trail bike, but we all know that im just dreaming here :rolleyes:

To inform everyone who has said they want a wide 450R from the factory, it's not going to happen. The percentage that actually get raced in MX is small. The majority is used for trail riding, and then XC racing. By making it wide you're killing two segments of the market. Alot of people will say racers buy aftermarket arms anyway, but this isn't completely true. XC can be raced on a budget, with a relatively stock quad and be very competitive. Suzuki chose to make they quad MX ready, which may have cost them sales. Honda, Yamaha, and Kawasaki know that the world doesn't revolve around motocross, so they make quads that will appeal to the widest range of buyers.

blacknblue#2
02-12-2008, 11:22 PM
I have to agree 110% with Rich250RRacer. You cant please everyone, i know we want to see a wide quad because we like MX but our XC buddies are hoping they keep them narrow so that all they have to do is buy a set of shocks. The zuks are nice bikes but honestly i only know of about 3 around home here close. There are very few of us MX guys here cause we have to drive so far for a track and i know alot of weekend warriors that i talked to around here when the zuk come out that said "i wouldnt have that wide sum*****" cause all the trails around here are tight and not for a low ground clearence. I had to buy a second quad to keep stock just so that i could ride with my brother and his friends on the weekend nights.

desratt
02-13-2008, 03:20 PM
lets go for EFI, alluminum frame, more wheel travel, 1 more gear,
for 2008 the crf450 got a new cdi unit that uses a different curve for every gear, it also got a steering dampener from the factory..

all in all I will stay on my honda even if they don't change I still think we are ahead of the pack.

NJ450rider
02-13-2008, 03:46 PM
Well i dunno about other parts of the country but theres a TON of LTR450's out here in the woods and trails. People want them cause there wide and stable. I dont think it was bad idea at all. Ive ridden a few kfx450r's and man there great. with an exhaust, air filter and fuel controller its a real beast pulls like a freight train. felt way better than my 450R.

as far as honda doing something to try and keep up with the rest of the field i dont see it happening. Its gonna take alot to try and catch up. Especially to can am, ktm, and polaris.

Itll just be bold new graphics.........

(and maybe colors yay)

reptikes
02-13-2008, 04:21 PM
Don't care about EFI, but they could do everything but that.

Exactly, EFI spells PAIN IN THE ***. I see know reason to go to EFI.

reptikes
02-13-2008, 04:28 PM
[QUOTE]

as far as honda doing something to try and keep up with the rest of the field i dont see it happening. Its gonna take alot to try and catch up. Especially to can am, ktm, and polaris. [QUOTE]

Honda keeping up? I believe that KTM, Can-Am, and Polaris are the only ones that you could consider ahead of Honda. Kaw and Suzuki deffinantly aren't.

NJ450rider
02-13-2008, 05:09 PM
I like the kfx450r alot better than my 450r. The only reason why i dont like the ltr is the throttle is way to touchy and the front end is way to stiff. To me it doesnt handle good. The EFI system on the kawi i like alot more. its not touchy at all. just alot smoother than a carbed machine.

In a field of 7 or 8 450's i would rank the honda 450r 5th.

Drewltr450
02-13-2008, 07:19 PM
The ltr throttle is touchy but once you get used to the quad and ride it for a while you can use it to your advantage. and also about the shocks bieng stiff i rode a 450r with stock shocks they were like ROCKS i thought they wernt even moving. everyone of my friends say that my shocks up front on my ltr are the best they have ridden with, once you dial them in there great.

02-14-2008, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Drewltr450
The ltr throttle is touchy but once you get used to the quad and ride it for a while you can use it to your advantage. and also about the shocks bieng stiff i rode a 450r with stock shocks they were like ROCKS i thought they wernt even moving. everyone of my friends say that my shocks up front on my ltr are the best they have ridden with, once you dial them in there great.

Yea man you are exactly right about that I absolutely hated the stock shocks on my 450r and I rode a LTR with stock suspension and I thought it was really nice. The only reason I didnt buy a LTR is becuase I bought my 450r fairly cheap and it was like brand new so I was able to mod it the way I wanted it for a little more then a used ltr but in the end I am glad I did what I did.