PDA

View Full Version : truck tires

mittman
02-12-2008, 12:24 PM
ok well its time for new tires and i'm looking for a tire that is good on the road but also are good for some offroading and not sure what kind to buy let me know thanks

dpizz450
02-13-2008, 03:07 PM
ya looking for a mud tire or all terrain? i had buckshots on my old truck and they were alright but were down quick and then i got some bf goodrich mud terrains and those were great and didnt wear down quick.

elite ATV1
02-13-2008, 03:37 PM
Mickey Thompson Baja Radial MTZ Tire
Off Road Truck Mickey Thompson Baja Radial MTZ Tire
Part Number: M/T5253

* Baja Radial MTZ, 33x12.50R15LT
* Outlined White Letters
* Load Range C
* Max Load 2205
* Tread Depth 20.5/32
* 3-Ply Sidewall
* Overall Diameter 32.8

Mickey Thompsons (http://www.tirepackage.com/PDT67018.aspx)

KXRida
02-13-2008, 06:59 PM
baja radials aren't bad at all, but stay away from the claws. I've seen those things wear down soooo quick it wasn't even funny.

I'm currently running mastercraft m/t's. Same pattern as the BFG and Pro comp m/t's but about $100 cheaper. I was planning to go with Procomps but the deal I was going to get ended like a week before I was going to buy them. Your best bet to do if you want pro comps is... find a dealer and wait till procomp has the buy 3 get one free deal. Seeing how you're in houtzdale I believe go to reliable tire in altoona when they have that deal. You don't have to pay shipping and they mount/balance them for you right then and there when you buy new tires. Also, if you aren't really concerned they can get blem tires. Like the lettering might be faded or something stupid like that, but they kill like half the price. If I would've known about that I would've got the reject tires haha.

mittman
02-13-2008, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by KXRida
baja radials aren't bad at all, but stay away from the claws. I've seen those things wear down soooo quick it wasn't even funny.

I'm currently running mastercraft m/t's. Same pattern as the BFG and Pro comp m/t's but about $100 cheaper. I was planning to go with Procomps but the deal I was going to get ended like a week before I was going to buy them. Your best bet to do if you want pro comps is... find a dealer and wait till procomp has the buy 3 get one free deal. Seeing how you're in houtzdale I believe go to reliable tire in altoona when they have that deal. You don't have to pay shipping and they mount/balance them for you right then and there when you buy new tires. Also, if you aren't really concerned they can get blem tires. Like the lettering might be faded or something stupid like that, but they kill like half the price. If I would've known about that I would've got the reject tires haha.

i'm going to look into that reject tire thing lol

tdmopar59
02-13-2008, 09:57 PM
PRO COMP XTREME AT's i love em!! they are the best tire i have owned and many other people like them... they are great with tread wear as well.... check out www.procomptires.com you will see the sizes and warranties....http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa300/tdmopar59/IMGP0698.jpg

flht_db
02-13-2008, 10:08 PM
Have to agree with the procomp and the buy 3 get one free, it's a good deal.

Parnelli Jones are good too and great off road. One of the better mud tires on road, don't wear as bad as some and aren't as noisy as some.

hardtrailz400
02-14-2008, 06:04 AM
I ran BFG Mud terrains for 60,000 miles on my s-10 blazer and have nothing but good things to say about them. They were as good offroad as my swampers, but they lasted forever. They look good and I hear the newer ones are even better

KXRida
02-14-2008, 07:45 AM
My next tire purchase will most likely be 37'' procomp extreme Mt's. My buddy does pretty decent with them off road and I can get a kinda good deal on them.

xrxmxcx
02-14-2008, 09:50 AM
i just put a set of BFG A/T ko's on my f250 and i love them so far, from what i have heard and seen they wear very well and provide plenty of offroad traction

definetly a vote for them.

400exrider707
02-14-2008, 10:25 AM
BFG all terrains are one of the best tire IMO. They last long, ride great, are really good in the snow and mild offroading. They are usually pretty expensive, but you get what you pay for. A little more aggressive, but still a good around tire is the Toyo M/T's Very popular on the truck forums I visit. A cheaper alternative is the Cooper STT, good tire, inexpensive compared to others.

Dinner
02-14-2008, 11:05 AM
I just got some Cooper Discoverer ATR's for the front of my truck. Havn't driven them enough to tell how well they are, but I think they are a nice tire, especially when you go wider with them.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c88/Yama_Shee/Dodge/FrontTire3.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c88/Yama_Shee/Dodge/FrontTire1.jpg

brendn35
02-14-2008, 01:56 PM
just remember you get what you pay for.

KXRida
02-14-2008, 03:10 PM
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z152/Rmrider125/ranger3.jpg

the only kinda decent shot of the tread pattern that I could find. Same pattern as the procomps and bfg's. At my price I got them for around $600 but they are close to $750ish retail.

Hondarluvr
02-14-2008, 04:29 PM
I would go with the Pro comp extreme at's they have the tough look of a a mudder, but the nice ride of an at. I just switched from my second choice bfg's and like them alot so far. Plus like the previous posters said if you watch the ads you can get the buy three get one free deal every couple of months which will save you around 200-300 depending on the size you run. I have heard people are getting around 50,000 out of them when properly inflated and rotated :)

mittman
02-14-2008, 04:53 PM
has anyone bought tires from pep boys i think they have a buy 3 get one free dont they?

KXRida
02-14-2008, 05:02 PM
if pep boys has a good deal go from them, but see what reliable tire can do for you. They usually do pretty good on prices. Are you looking for 33's or 35's?

mittman
02-14-2008, 05:26 PM
not sure still have to deside what tire i want lol prob 35's

ECATV Raptor
02-14-2008, 05:42 PM
My family has always bought coopers. I recentley purchased Cooper STT's. There like the Toyo M/T's but alot cheaper. My dad also has the Cooper ATR's on his dually and they hold up great. Coopers hold up great and are somewhat inexpensive. Check em out. www.coopertires.com These are the STT's

KXRida
02-14-2008, 07:51 PM
^^^ those coopers actually look pretty nice! Kinda a pretty aggressive tread pattern too. How much do the coopers run?

ECATV Raptor
02-15-2008, 03:01 PM
I got 33's and I payed 760. I got a deal the guy didnt charge me tax. They were cheaper than the BFG All Terrains. There a sweet tire, they have the Toyo Open Country MT tread but a different sidewall.