PDA

View Full Version : What do you think???

mxdad
02-12-2008, 12:11 PM
Just wondering what everyone's opinion is on this video. It has been on the local news and there are alot of different opinions floating around. So, who is wrong in this situation???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBeB81PPlng

juanki
02-12-2008, 12:21 PM
dude... man....lol.

i think its wrong the way the cop went about it, there are ways to talk to people, imean this kid isnt a treath or something. but with all the laws that are in favor of the cops, this migth be nothing.

dirtbike&quad
02-12-2008, 01:14 PM
seems like a cop with a bad attitude who thinks he can abuse his powers. thats rediculous

ZeroLogic
02-12-2008, 01:49 PM
Don't call me dude! A dude is someone who works on a ranch! Lmfao!

VR6INSD
02-12-2008, 02:01 PM
what an ahole i think he stole them shorts from my momma...

klutch
02-12-2008, 02:22 PM
Well hes a perfect example of mosts cops... typical. Man that DUDE was mean.

Though there are some nice cops, who know how to deal with these things other than abusing their power.

CHAR250R
02-12-2008, 03:23 PM
If a cop tells you to do something, you do it. If you are doing nothing wrong, there shouldn'y be a problem. Was the cop a little over the top? Yes. Most of the time problems like this escalate from the person in question being a wise guy. Was the kid skateboarding somewhere he shouldn't be? Yes. Did the kid know that? Maybe. Cops often abuse their power, and always will. Most of the time they are just trying to get thru the day without having to bust someones ball$. Not all cops are bad. If you get caught doing something wrong....take the heat for it.

BLU82
02-12-2008, 03:36 PM
While the cop was over the top, he meant good. You could tell he was trying to teach the kid a lesson. I mean 4 years from now when the kid is 18 and he does that to a cop he would be arrested. The kid should've stopped skateing when he was asked too. If he did than the cop would'nt even have the chance to over-react like that. Simple as that.

ZeroLogic
02-12-2008, 03:43 PM
Don't do what your not suppose to do. If you do something worng take your lumps like a man.:o

trxwannbe
02-12-2008, 03:55 PM
thats a law suit in the making. there was no reason for anything the cop did if anything the cop deserved one hell of a right hook the way he was acting

mod440ex
02-12-2008, 03:56 PM
those werent men they were 14 yr old boys. im not taking anybodies side on this, but the cop had no right to put the kid in a chokehold just to get his skateboard. likewise the kid should have just given it to him. i think the cop knew that he went overboard because he asked the kid with the camera if it was on because he didnt want to...... i think he was getting ready to say see myself on the news.

trxwannbe
02-12-2008, 03:57 PM
that could've been the freakin president and i would of knocked him on his *** for talking to me like that. i respect everyone until they give me a reason not to and that cop deserves no respect whatsoever. i'm sick of people who abuse their powers there are way to many of them in our country and its gettin really old really fast.

Flyin-Low
02-12-2008, 03:59 PM
Probably ran out of doughnuts and decided to take it out on that kid. How was he being disrespectful? How does the cop expect a 14 year old skater to talk?

trxwannbe
02-12-2008, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by CHAR250R
If a cop tells you to do something, you do it. If you are doing nothing wrong, there shouldn'y be a problem. Was the cop a little over the top? Yes. Most of the time problems like this escalate from the person in question being a wise guy. Was the kid skateboarding somewhere he shouldn't be? Yes. Did the kid know that? Maybe. Cops often abuse their power, and always will. Most of the time they are just trying to get thru the day without having to bust someones ball$. Not all cops are bad. If you get caught doing something wrong....take the heat for it.

way to support the cop. the kid apoligized for not hearing him and stopped when he realized what was going on so i don't see how you could think any of that was justified. just because you like to believe the stereotypes such as "all skateboarders are drug addict punks with bad attitudes" doesn't make that cop right

02-12-2008, 04:00 PM
Cop was a complete dick end of story.

First of all, with that ridiculous uniform he looks like a rent-a-cop. Also, I didn't know cops can put minors in headlocks for skateboarding.
"i better not find myself on film". lol everyone knows if a cop is busting a bunch of skaters or bmxer's balls, and they have a camera, 99% of the time they film it secretly like that kid did,hell I even did it.
Time for him to find a new job.

mod440ex
02-12-2008, 04:03 PM
have they said what happened to the cop.

all i can say is now a days LAWSUIT$$$$$$$

02-12-2008, 04:08 PM
I also remember hearing how bad Baltimore is with drugs, like really really bad. Yet they waste their time with 14yr old kids, doing no harm at all. Take the LOVE park in Philly for example...Back when you were aloud to skate there it was nice. A business man said he would actually eat lunch there. But since you cant skate there anymore its a complete disaster. Crazy drugs, bums, all that.
Moral of my post, that cop should be busting meth labs, not 14yr old skateboarders.

CHAR250R
02-12-2008, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by trxwannbe
way to support the cop. the kid apoligized for not hearing him and stopped when he realized what was going on so i don't see how you could think any of that was justified. just because you like to believe the stereotypes such as "all skateboarders are drug addict punks with bad attitudes" doesn't make that cop right

Go back and read my post, then go back and read it again. You didn't fully comprehend what I was saying judging by your uneducated reply. In no way did I say the cop was correct in his actions. I did say he was over the top and abused his powers. I personnaly don't think skateboarders are drug addicts or punks. Sounds like you have a guilty conscience. I dislike the type of cop in the video just like you. The police do not have to show you respect to get respect. YOU must respect them FIRST. Plain and simple.

ALAMX37
02-12-2008, 04:53 PM
thats why I dont care when someone shoots a cop in the face. He would have had to beat my *** b/c no one touches me without a damn good reason. OOh that pisses me off. I would love to catch him on the street, I know some people that would kill you for less than that.

trxwannbe
02-12-2008, 04:58 PM
Go back and read my post, then go back and read it again. You didn't fully comprehend what I was saying judging by your uneducated reply. In no way did I say the cop was correct in his actions. I did say he was over the top and abused his powers. I personnaly don't think skateboarders are drug addicts or punks. Sounds like you have a guilty conscience. I dislike the type of cop in the video just like you. The police do not have to show you respect to get respect. YOU must respect them FIRST. Plain and simple.

actually my post was in no way uneducated and you were supporting him by saying he deserved respect just because he has a badge on. thats not true at all. he was supposed to have earned that badge by being a respectable member of the community and being able to judge right and wrong better than most and he didn't showcase either of those talents there, and i don't appreciate that quiet little attack on my integrity by accusing me of having a guilty conscience. was i the cleanest kid in highschool, no but i never did anything to make anyone suspect otherwise so next time before you try to come back so fast sit back and think hard because i'll be ready.

CHAR250R
02-12-2008, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by ALAMX37
thats why I dont care when someone shoots a cop in the face. He would have had to beat my *** b/c no one touches me without a damn good reason. OOh that pisses me off. I would love to catch him on the street, I know some people that would kill you for less than that.

Have you ever resisted being arrested? You get your ***** kicked by the police, and there is not a dam thing you can do about it. It ain't toe to toe last one standing. It's you against 2 or more cops. You will lose. I have done it. It was painfull and stupid.

trxwannbe
02-12-2008, 05:05 PM
Have you ever resisted being arrested? You get your ***** kicked by the police, and there is not a dam thing you can do about it. It ain't toe to toe last one standing. It's you against 2 or more cops. You will lose. I have done it. It was painfull and stupid.

finally you bring up a good point everything you siad there is true. except the part where everyone gets their a** kicked and i'm not saying i wouldn't but some of us are educated in the techniques they use and know how to avoid being taken down by them.

CHAR250R
02-12-2008, 05:06 PM
actually my post was in no way uneducated and you were supporting him by saying he deserved respect just because he has a badge on. thats not true at all. he was supposed to have earned that badge by being a respectable member of the community and being able to judge right and wrong better than most and he didn't showcase either of those talents there, and i don't appreciate that quiet little attack on my integrity by accusing me of having a guilty conscience. was i the cleanest kid in highschool, no but i never did anything to make anyone suspect otherwise so next time before you try to come back so fast sit back and think hard because i'll be ready.

Right or wrong, you respect the cop FIRST. You do not wait until the cop respects you. What are you ready for? I'm right here in Seymour in the same state you live in. I can introduce you to some of my friends that are police officers. Please show them no respect and see what happens.

trxwannbe
02-12-2008, 05:19 PM
Right or wrong, you respect the cop FIRST. You do not wait until the cop respects you. What are you ready for? I'm right here in Seymour in the same state you live in. I can introduce you to some of my friends that are police officers. Please show them no respect and see what happens.

there is a difference between showing no respect and being disrespectful. if your right then the cop has no reason to give you **** and if he does you should do your best and take it and be on your way but if he goes as far as the ******** in the video did he deserves to be disrespected because he doesn't deserve to wear the badge, but should the cop handle the situation with a calm demeanor and your in the right or accepting the fact that you are wrong then you should respect him and do what you can to handle the situation properly and in a quick and efficient manner.

CHAR250R
02-12-2008, 05:20 PM
finally you bring up a good point everything you siad there is true. except the part where everyone gets their a** kicked and i'm not saying i wouldn't but some of us are educated in the techniques they use and know how to avoid being taken down by them.

Are you saying the cops could not bring you down and arrest you? Let this old man give you a little schooling.... have you ever been tasered? I have. Ever been stabbed? I have. 17 stitches. Ever been shot? I have. 9MM. The taser made the stabbing and shooting feel like a cat scratch. A 90 year old lady could arrest you. All she has to do is taser you.

WhiteYFZ
02-12-2008, 05:20 PM
i hate the police.. they tried to bust my friend for riding on the train platform at the train station and the cop was reminded me of the one in the video. just going crazy for no reason. he threatened to arrest my friend who was 21.he said we had to ride to the next station to catch the train.. and we went to the deli across the street and told us we couldnt even stay there.. he was a tough guy until i called my uncle down (#1 narcodics SP? detective) and then he **** his pants and let us get on the train

tman12345
02-12-2008, 05:23 PM
that cop was completely out of line, he just would not stop making something out of nothing. when the kid sat down it was over but he just kept flapping his mouth. In my opinion the cop was more disrespectful and the kid just did not really know what was happening at first. but that video footage would be dismissed in court because the cop was unaware it was being filmed.

trxwannbe
02-12-2008, 05:26 PM
Are you saying the cops could not bring you down and arrest you? Let this old man give you a little schooling.... have you ever been tasered? I have. Ever been stabbed? I have. 17 stitches. Ever been shot? I have. 9MM. The taser made the stabbing and shooting feel like a cat scratch. A 90 year old lady could arrest you. All she has to do is taser you.

ohhh believe me i've been tasered and pepper sprayed to the face and i will do whatever it takes to avoid both. i was talking more along the lines of the hand to hand stuff, no weapons involved.

trxwannbe
02-12-2008, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by tman12345
that cop was completely out of line, he just would not stop making something out of nothing. when the kid sat down it was over but he just kept flapping his mouth. In my opinion the cop was more disrespectful and the kid just did not really know what was happening at first. but that video footage would be dismissed in court because the cop was unaware it was being filmed.

so your saying he should get away with it because he didn't know anyone was watching. thats like telling me if i was unkowingly videotaped commiting murder and they couldn't come up with the physical evidence to convict me i would get off scott free because the only evidence was the tape but i didn't know i was being taped so it doesn't count.

02-12-2008, 05:29 PM

It would really be dismissed? that's crazy, it clearly shows the cop being an *******, and they would dismiss it?

CHAR250R
02-12-2008, 05:31 PM
there is a difference between showing no respect and being disrespectful. if your right then the cop has no reason to give you **** and if he does you should do your best and take it and be on your way but if he goes as far as the ******** in the video did he deserves to be disrespected because he doesn't deserve to wear the badge, but should the cop handle the situation with a calm demeanor and your in the right or accepting the fact that you are wrong then you should respect him and do what you can to handle the situation properly and in a quick and efficient manner.

You will learn eventually: the cop is ALWAYS right. Even if you are innocent the judge will always take the cops side. It's just fact. It's total b u l l s h * t, but what can you do?

tman12345
02-12-2008, 05:31 PM
so your saying he should get away with it because he didn't know anyone was watching. thats like telling me if was unkowingly videotaped commiting murder and they couldn't come up with the physical evidence to convict i would get off scott free because the only evidence was the tape but i didn't know i was being taped so it doens't count.
no i am saying he could fight it because he was unaware of the fact it was being taped and did not consent so therefore that evidence could possibly be dismissed. and also in my statement i did not say he should get away i personally think his *** should be fired.

CHAR250R
02-12-2008, 05:36 PM
ohhh believe me i've been tasered and pepper sprayed to the face and i will do whatever it takes to avoid both. i was talking more along the lines of the hand to hand stuff, no weapons involved.

Unfortunately the cops use weapons. If they didn't use them....hand to hand combat with the cops would be FUN!!!

tman12345
02-12-2008, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
It would really be dismissed? that's crazy, it clearly shows the cop being an *******, and they would dismiss it?
if he had the people to fight it it would. I think he should get in trouble, it would only be dismissed for the fact that he was unaware of it and if brought up as evidence its possible he could fight against it and then the video would be disregarded. i don't think trxwannabe even clearly read my post I did not say i wanted to him to get away scott free

XXX -rider
02-12-2008, 05:38 PM
the cop is way out ! & if you disagree your laquing the knowledge to know whats is appropriate police behavior ....hes a good example of the untrained & dumb cop they have in Balt. he use no brains to handle the situation only his arrogance & punk type behavior
but its probably because he was hired to be just that
.. an a- hole !!! & is given lowly jobs on a daily basis because his superior recognizes his inability to handle anything else
I have had family in the Balt. police for many years ..you should hear how bad the force is now adays they hire almost any looser who can pass the lowered standard training ..many quit after they realize they cant cut it as a public servant & role model type nowadays ...needs more training & anger management classes to start ..the bad part is the kid can do almost nothing about the cops behavior even tho its obviously ploice brutality & he is doing more damge to the force's already bad image

416exfreak
02-12-2008, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
Cop was a complete dick end of story.

First of all, with that ridiculous uniform he looks like a rent-a-cop. Also, I didn't know cops can put minors in headlocks for skateboarding.
"i better not find myself on film". lol everyone knows if a cop is busting a bunch of skaters or bmxer's balls, and they have a camera, 99% of the time they film it secretly like that kid did,hell I even did it.
Time for him to find a new job.

X2 on everything you said.:chinese:

ALAMX37
02-12-2008, 05:45 PM

Yes I have been tasered more than once by no other than the 5/0 and yes I have been stabbed 14 stitches(and a severed kidney). If I am not in the wrong then the cops have to bring it, I will stand up for my rights no matter what.
Trust me when I say this getting tasered is one of the most traumatic experiences of my life but in no way will the fear stop me from saying my part and if provoked going after a cop. I have an authority problem and there is more than one cop here that can attest to that. A night in the cell and a fine is well worth punching a cop until his friend can pull you off his beaten comrade.
Thats simply how I feel about it, I know its wrong but thats what my heart says.

CHAR250R
02-12-2008, 05:45 PM
Here are a few things I strongly agree with:

1. The cop in the video is way out of line.
2. The kid in the video was disrespectful although he might have thought otherwise.
3. The cop should be disciplined heavily.
4. You must respect the police. Even if they deserve no respect.

CHAR250R
02-12-2008, 05:48 PM
Yes I have been tasered more than once by no other than the 5/0 and yes I have been stabbed 14 stitches(and a severed kidney). If I am not in the wrong then the cops have to bring it, I will stand up for my rights no matter what.
Trust me when I say this getting tasered is one of the most traumatic experiences of my life but in no way will the fear stop me from saying my part and if provoked going after a cop. I have an authority problem and there is more than one cop here that can attest to that. A night in the cell and a fine is well worth punching a cop until his friend can pull you off his beaten comrade.
Thats simply how I feel about it, I know its wrong but thats what my heart says.

Been there done that X3. When you get older you will realize how foolish you were in your youth. I think it happens to everyone.

trxwannbe
02-12-2008, 05:49 PM
if he had the people to fight it it would. I think he should get in trouble, it would only be dismissed for the fact that he was unaware of it and if brought up as evidence its possible he could fight against it and then the video would be disregarded. i don't think trxwannabe even clearly read my post I did not say i wanted to him to get away scott free

have you not realized yet that i am one of the few people that takes the time to read every post even if it doens't pertain to anything i have said or am going to say. in your first post you said nothing about thinking he should get in trouble you simply stated you thought he was being somewhat unjust but would probably get away with it.

trxwannbe
02-12-2008, 05:51 PM

no matter what the argument you always find someone on your side that you wish was on the other :rolleyes:

tman12345
02-12-2008, 05:53 PM
have you not realized yet that i am one of the few people that takes the time to read every post even if it doens't pertain to anything i have said or am going to say. in your first post you said nothing about thinking he should get in trouble you simply stated you thought he was being somewhat unjust but would probably get away with it.
obviously you contradict yourself because nowhere in my post did i say anything about him getting away with it but you said "so your saying he should get away with it because he didn't know anyone was watching." so you should rethink your last comment.

tman12345
02-12-2008, 06:01 PM
checkmate?

CHAR250R
02-12-2008, 06:05 PM
checkmate?

Is that like "touche"?:)

bens250ex
02-12-2008, 06:09 PM
Bottom line the cop was out of line. the kid seemed like he was trying to say sorry and he didn't hear him. stand up for what you believe i personally believe that this country is turning into nothing but a bunch of crazy folks. like this nut. it takes respect to get respect. the cop is in charge he should show some respect and talk more reasonable. people will not respond nice if your treating them like dump. i have had several cops show me no respect so i gave them a peice of my mind. and when its true they can't do nothing to you. its called freedom of speech. i did however ask the cop if i could speak my mind and he said go ahead. needless to say he said sorry and went about his way.

tman12345
02-12-2008, 06:10 PM
Is that like "touche"?:)
kinda, i think i just got him pinned.

CHAR250R
02-12-2008, 06:13 PM
kinda, i think i just got him pinned.

He stated he couldn't be taken down. How did you pin him?

I'm just bustin' B A L L S now. Don't anybody get crazy. :D

mxdad
02-12-2008, 06:26 PM
The kid was being a little punk who thought he was cool disrespecting a cop. He got what he deserved as far as I am concerned because he knew he shouldn't be there. There are signs all over down there that say you can not skate, bike, etc... Besides there are two skate parks within walking distance from this area where these kids could have went to skate instead of breaking a very very common law in this area.

From what I have heard the cop was suspended for a short period of time (with pay).

CHAR250R
02-12-2008, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by mxdad
The kid was being a little punk who thought he was cool disrespecting a cop. He got what he deserved as far as I am concerned because he knew he shouldn't be there. There are signs all over down there that say you can not skate, bike, etc... Besides there are two skate parks within walking distance from this area where these kids could have went to skate instead of breaking a very very common law in this area.

From what I have heard the cop was suspended for a short period of time (with pay).

Why are they suspended "with pay"? To me that's just extra vacation time. Go figure...

mxdad
02-12-2008, 06:39 PM
Why are they suspended "with pay"? To me that's just extra vacation time. Go figure...

My opinion...They suspend him to make it go away but pay him because they really didn't think he was in the wrong.

CHAR250R
02-12-2008, 06:47 PM
My opinion...They suspend him to make it go away but pay him because they really didn't think he was in the wrong.

That would be my best guess, too.

416exfreak
02-12-2008, 06:53 PM
I know why he's pissed.

Look at his ride...:o

Its a smallish vehicle...:devil:

CHAR250R
02-12-2008, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
I know why he's pissed.

Look at his ride...:o

Its a smallish vehicle...:devil:

Fat cop in a little car....

02-12-2008, 06:58 PM
I'm not even lying if a rent-a-cop did that to me I would drop kick the window out of that little cart and probally beat the s*** out of him with the skateboard. Even if I went to jail I would just be glad I told him that nobody disrespects me. Man if I was told if I wanted to call my mother I would call my dad and that rent-a-cop would deffinately take of running haha my dad was in Nam

416exfreak
02-12-2008, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
I'm not even lying if a rent-a-cop did that to me I would drop kick the window out of that little cart and probally beat the s*** out of him with the skateboard. Even if I went to jail I would just be glad I told him that nobody disrespects me. Man if I was told if I wanted to call my mother I would call my dad and that rent-a-cop would deffinately take of running haha my dad was in Nam

So your dad is like 50 or 60?

Lets not get started with the IBBS (internet big balls syndrome).

I would have just said, "sorry sir, we'll leave now" and walked away. I can think of many much better ways to ruin that guys life than by video taping him assualting a 14 year old.

Gotta love the anarchists cookbook.:devil:

440racer66
02-12-2008, 07:44 PM

I would have just said, "sorry sir, we'll leave now" and walked away. I can think of many much better ways to ruin that guys life than by video taping him assualting a 14 year old.

the flaming tennis ball would be fun haha

honda4life72
02-12-2008, 08:05 PM
the way i see it , it would have burned the cop up more if the boy would have been like yes sir , i will sir , yes officer really politely . that would make him mad haha , but really if a cop gets in your face or after u just be liek yea i did wrong , against cops u will never win one way or another u will lose

kfx400rider03
02-12-2008, 08:43 PM
WOW

that cop was a real ahole. the kid had headphones in his ears in the beginig so how was he supposed to know what the rent a cop was saying. i do see what the kid did wrong but the rent a cop went over board with the choke hold to get his sateboard

Exrider434
02-12-2008, 09:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASeXa7KXPFk

wilkin250r
02-13-2008, 12:06 AM
I'm ALWAYS on the cop's side. My grandfather was a cop, my buddy is a cop. It's a crap job, I've seen firsthand the crap they have to go through, and they don't get paid nearly enough for it.

But that cop was wrong. Wrong wrong wrong.

If you are going to enforce the law, you need to hold yourself to a higher standard of conduct. Before you enforce the law, you obey the law. Not just a little, but to the Nth degree. You embody the law.

In much the same spirit, you command respect because you embody respect.

I'm sure the kid was in the wrong, I'm sure he knew he wasn't supposed to be there. But the officer handled the situation in the worst manner. He should have told the kids to leave (or some other option that gave them one chance to avoid punishment), and then taken any action within his power to enact punishment. This may include confiscation of the skateboards, or taking them into custody. But all the while, being respectful.

Never never NEVER lecture, and never get personally upset at ANY name they call you, let alone "dude". And never never never make idle threats ("you give [that attitude] to me I'll smack you upside the head") and you never never never tell anybody to "sit down".

You speak respectfully, or you take action. As an officer, those are your options. Notice that giving lectures is not among them.

mojo123
02-13-2008, 05:37 AM
i just watched this on the news, i think the cop went alittle over bored

mxdad
02-14-2008, 09:11 AM
i didn't see it personally but I was told by two different people that last night either this kid or one of the ones that was with him said "they like to skate in illegal places and they bring a video camera because they think it is funny when the cops yell at them" This to me just proves that these kids are just wandering around looking to start trouble and they got what they were looking for. IMO the only mistake the cop made was telling the kid he would smack him in the head. Confiscating the skateboard forcefully after the kid resisted was fine IMO and pushing the kid back down after he was told to just sit there and decided he did not need to listen was fine too. These kids need to learn to have respect for authority.

nh591
02-14-2008, 10:39 AM

WHOA!!! Obviously we got a couple BADASSES on here! Ha

mxdad
02-14-2008, 10:51 AM
I can't believe people feel bad for this kid!!! Here is what is in our paper today...

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/baltimore_city/bal-te.md.video14feb14,0,2806854.story

Eric Bush, the 14-year-old skateboarder who has gained national fame after his encounter with a Baltimore police officer at the Inner Harbor surfaced on YouTube, said in his home yesterday that he knew at the time that what he was doing was "100 percent wrong."...

...Santo said he sometimes uses a camcorder to tape his friends' conflicts with police because they find humor in getting yelled at by officers.

XXX -rider
02-14-2008, 10:55 AM
saw more on the news about it last nite...the cop was wrong !!!..that's why he was SUSPENDED....police brutality was the key factor here !! :eek2:

brendn35
02-14-2008, 11:07 AM
all i have to say is that DUDE is an *********

416exfreak
02-14-2008, 11:55 AM
I can't believe people feel bad for this kid!!! Here is what is in our paper today...

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/baltimore_city/bal-te.md.video14feb14,0,2806854.story

Eric Bush, the 14-year-old skateboarder who has gained national fame after his encounter with a Baltimore police officer at the Inner Harbor surfaced on YouTube, said in his home yesterday that he knew at the time that what he was doing was "100 percent wrong."...

...Santo said he sometimes uses a camcorder to tape his friends' conflicts with police because they find humor in getting yelled at by officers.

Just because he was skating where he wasnt allowed to, does NOT give that cop the right to physicaly harm the kid, and doesnt give him the right to threaten him either.

Ive had run ins with the law where I live for riding BMX. I just tell them politely that I'll leave and thats the end of it. That kid wasnt being disrespectful. He wasnt calling the cop names.

That cop has a problem, and he needs help before he goes off and kills someone.

Did you also read the part of that article that told you about him kicking the BMX'ers leg and messing up the wheel of his bike?

Stop sticking up for cops like Salvatore Rivieri. There are plenty of GOOD cops that you can stick up for.:scary:

02-14-2008, 12:05 PM

that is correct. my dad being in the war and what not made him so he's not afraid of anyone no matter how big they are or anything.

mxdad
02-14-2008, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by XXX -rider
saw more on the news about it last nite...the cop was wrong !!!..that's why he was SUSPENDED....police brutality was the key factor here !! :eek2:

He was suspended WITH PAY while they investigate the situation. This is standard procedure during any police involved situation of this nature.

mxdad
02-14-2008, 12:43 PM
Just because he was skating where he wasnt allowed to, does NOT give that cop the right to physicaly harm the kid, and doesnt give him the right to threaten him either.

Ive had run ins with the law where I live for riding BMX. I just tell them politely that I'll leave and thats the end of it. That kid wasnt being disrespectful. He wasnt calling the cop names.

That cop has a problem, and he needs help before he goes off and kills someone.

Did you also read the part of that article that told you about him kicking the BMX'ers leg and messing up the wheel of his bike?

Stop sticking up for cops like Salvatore Rivieri. There are plenty of GOOD cops that you can stick up for.:scary:

:D :D The kid was harmed??? He only got physical when the kid resisted him when he tried to confiscate the board. Go read what I posted. I do not agree with what the cop said to the kid but I don't see what was wrong with him forcefully taking the board when the kid resisted. The kid knew he was in the wrong and could have just walked away but instead he had to be a smart *****.

wilkin250r
02-14-2008, 01:02 PM
I wonder what the standard protocol is for confiscation of items. I'll have to find that out.

In my opinion, the cop should have either just let him go, or put the cuffs on him right there. No in-between.

The thing that makes me REALLY sick is that this little ******* knew he was wrong, and now he's a celebrity for it.

In my opinion, the local police should fight back. Any punk skateboarder gets caught by the authorities, they are told to leave. They don't leave right away, right now (because they think it's "funny" to film conflicts with the police) then they get put in cuffs right away. Ain't gonna be so funny when their parents have to pay court fees.

XXX -rider
02-14-2008, 04:00 PM
He was suspended WITH PAY while they investigate the situation. This is standard procedure during any police involved situation of this nature.

OH it is ?.....hmm,how do you arive at that conclusion ?
so are you claiming everytime there is an incident like this the policeman is always suspended?...
hmmm

or is this just your way of defending a bad situation & your post ??:eek2:

mx428
02-14-2008, 04:36 PM
If you've ever been to Baltimore you know that kids skateboarding should be the least of the cops worries. I've biked Baltimore with a kid that rides for Fit and it's a scary *** place.

mxdad
02-15-2008, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by XXX -rider
OH it is ?.....hmm,how do you arive at that conclusion ?
so are you claiming everytime there is an incident like this the policeman is always suspended?...
hmmm

or is this just your way of defending a bad situation & your post ??:eek2:

Truthfully he is not really "suspended". He is placed on "administrative leave" so he is still getting paid.
Has he been charged with a crime? Has he been fired? NO The situation is being investigated so they remove him from the streets to protect him from retaliation and they call it suspended to difuse the situation.

Here's a good for you all. In the lovely state of Maryland it is illegal to video tape anyone without there prior knowledge so if this ever did go to a criminal court the video from that day would get thrown out but the statements that these teenagers made while doing interviews with the local news about knowing they were wrong and doing this stuff because it is funny to mess with the police will be admissable and will help to ensure that this cop will not be convicted of any crimes and will therefore not get in any real trouble at all. Wait and you will see. This will all go away and the cop will be back on the streets in no time.

mxdad
02-15-2008, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by mx428
If you've ever been to Baltimore you know that kids skateboarding should be the least of the cops worries. I've biked Baltimore with a kid that rides for Fit and it's a scary *** place.

2nd most violent city in America!!!

And this year we are taking Detroit down so we can be #1!!!