View Full Version : Ok Help Out Here Guys

pattersondp
02-12-2008, 11:55 AM
NEED TO KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH THE AIR BOX ON A 06 500 TO FIX IT AND THE JET KITS FOR A MIKUNI CARB:devil:

Evasiveone
02-12-2008, 12:06 PM
Outlaw or Predator?

If it is a Predator D2Moto has a new intake for a reasonable price.
D2Moto intake for Predator (http://www.d2moto.com/Items/Item.aspx?itemid=1198289)

willb
02-12-2008, 08:20 PM
Hey Patterson:

500 Fujis love air try a clamp on filter with outerwear and carry a spare outerwear with ya. then bump the jetting up to a 175 main, 4th notch form the top of the needle, and 3 turns out on the a/f screw.

Remember to use Mikuni jets, yes they are different. If you are going to keep the airbox but remove the lid go with a kN and a outerwear or you will cake up quick start with a 170.

OH are you running a different exhaust? If you are stock add the air filter and remove the lid. Sometimes that will do as some of the fujis come real rich. THe 525's are dangerously lean- go figure?

Also go on predatorowners.com.

If you are not a member you can still search by going through the different outlaw forums.

msc8127
02-14-2008, 01:06 PM
i've got an 06 outlaw 500 with a supertrapp slip on and a clamp on k&n with outerwear. It gave me fits getting it jetted right. I ended up with a 162.5 main jet, 42.5 pilot, 2nd notch from the top on the needle, and 2 turns out on the fuel screw to get it to run.

I tried the bigger main jets, but it wanted to no part of anything over 165. I might need to go with more discs in the supertrapp to be able to run the bigger main jet, i'm not sure.

But anyhow just figured I'd toss in what worked for me for another point of reference for you