PDA

View Full Version : AMR coil + AMR rev box?s

REDRIDDER
02-12-2008, 10:38 AM
Anyone of you guys have this combo or one or the other? and if so what rev box do you have and was it worth the money? thanks im interested in buying the coil and maybe the box.Thanks again guys..

hornetgod13
02-12-2008, 11:14 AM
About 3 weeks ago I bought both the AMR Monster Coil and Stage 3 Rev Box. They both installed easily. When I tried to start my quad it was difficult, it would back fire, and I had to give it throttle to start up. Once it was running, it would misfire once every 3 to 5 seconds and would'nt idle unless I cranked the idle screw way up. Once I would rev it, it sounded fine. I put the stock CDI back in for troubleshooting purposes and what do you know, it ran perfectly. The AMR Rev box was bad or designed wrong. I notified the company that I bought it from and they admitted that the AMR Rev Boxes were "Picky" and they sent me comparable rev box from another manufacturer at no extra cost. I got it in the mail a couple days later and was surprised to see they sent me a more expensive ProCom Rev Box. Once installed, the quad fired right up and idled and sounded great. I took it out to a local track and gave it a thorough testing and found that the Monster Coil Procom combination ran flawlessly. Acceleration and throttle response were noticably improved.
Recently in the 450R forum there was a guy that did some serious testing on aftermarket coils and he stated that AMR's Monster coil was the best. I'm certain you can search and find the thread if you really want to.
The AMR Rev Box I got was not worth the time and money invested. Luckily it came with a 2 year guarantee and the company was not even surprised at my starting difficulties with it. I imagine it's happens often. The ProCom Rev Box is the one I would recommend.

REDRIDDER
02-12-2008, 11:30 AM
hey thanks for the info it was a good extensive answer, not like most would say...oh yeah its good or something stupid along those lines thanks.

REDRIDDER
02-12-2008, 11:31 AM
Also nice to know that a company really stands behind their products and will help out like they did for you.

08400EX
02-12-2008, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by hornetgod13
..... I took it out to a local track and gave it a thorough testing and found that the Monster Coil Procom combination ran flawlessly. Acceleration and throttle response were noticably improved.

Hornet,

Did you do an A to B comparion? I know you did a lot of motor work at the same time so I am wondering if the Coil/Box made the difference in acceleration and throttle response or the 416 kit?

Did you try it with the new motor mods and the stock stuff , then swap to the AMR/ProCom and notice the improvement?

I am just trying to get a real apples/apples comparo and I trust your feedback.

hornetgod13
02-12-2008, 01:16 PM
I rode the quad with the stock CDI a couple days before the ProCom Rev Box arrived. I could tell a difference and it was improvement over the stock CDI.
You are right about the fact that I did a lot of mods at the same time so it is hard to pinpoint one particular mod and how it affected the performance overall.

08400EX
02-12-2008, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by hornetgod13
I rode the quad with the stock CDI a couple days before the ProCom Rev Box arrived. I could tell a difference and it was improvement over the stock CDI.

Thats good enough for me, THANKS!!

drew416ex
02-12-2008, 03:53 PM
I have this settup on my 440 stroker and noticed more of a low end gain. i put the coil on first and it felt like it had a little more torque. Then I put on the rev box and it reved a little faster and gained quite a bit of top end due to the higher rev limit. I also had problems with the first box they sent me. The second one they sent was better but its still kinda picky when starting.

Ryan'07400ex
06-19-2009, 04:47 PM
I realize this is old. all I can say is I am getting better at searching. haha
Anyone else have an opinion on this combo or one or other now. Maybe they upgraded their technology?
I don't really get the coil thing either wheres it go?
Would it work good with sparks key?
Thanks for replies; I realize I just asked 5 questions.

Ryan'07400ex
08-19-2009, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Ryan'07400ex
I realize this is old. all I can say is I am getting better at searching. haha
Anyone else have an opinion on this combo or one or other now. Maybe they upgraded their technology?
I don't really get the coil thing either wheres it go?
Would it work good with sparks key?
Thanks for replies; I realize I just asked 5 questions.

I'm still wondering. I forgot aout it for a while. The main thing I'm wondering is where it goes at and is install easy.

Snipe
08-19-2009, 07:58 PM
usually CDI is under the hood center of front fenders.

honda400ex2003
08-20-2009, 12:52 PM
i believe the coil is on the left side of the frame behind the black side plate they are both easy to change. just unplug and plug. not sure on how they work though compared to stock though lol. i dont have one. steve

Ryan'07400ex
08-20-2009, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Snipe
usually CDI is under the hood center of front fenders.

Haha I knew that I tried a big gun rev box of my friends and I didn't notice much more anything. I did like the no rev limit and starting in revers though. I just thought I might get the combo if I knew WHAT and WHERE it was
Thanks

katch26
08-20-2009, 01:43 PM
procom cdi's are junk, the coil may be worth it if your stocker needs replacing anyways but not if youre doing it looking for some cheap hp

Ryan'07400ex
08-21-2009, 01:51 PM
I'm thinking that someone said the coil is one of the best though and will give some low end power. So I may try it after I get some 450 shocks.