PDA

View Full Version : i am making the yfz450 guys mad now

REPOMAN
02-12-2008, 10:11 AM
and i love it. just recently built another 440 from an old jug i had laying around and a brand new wiseco piston. traded an old stock jug and a brand new stock wiseco piston for a stage 2 hotcam and i am really making my buddies with the yfz450's mad as hell. we were at the dunes this weekend and there is about a 3 mile stretch of whoops and small jumps you can just haul butt down. i was barely hangin with my buddy until i figured out i was only in 4th lol. then it got interesting as i proceded to do a bit better. went 3 times to the same result. i am ordering my oversize oil tank and spal fan today or tommorow to try and keep this thing cool during long hard rides out here in the desert. i told them i would blow the thing up with nos if i had to in order to beat them but i guess i dont have to i am satisfied with the outcome and they are not. anyway just thought i would share

j450rking
02-12-2008, 11:22 PM
sweet! now lets hope they don't bore out the yfz's

08400EX
02-13-2008, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by j450rking
sweet! now lets hope they don't bore out the yfz's

Repo,
Congrats, great job!!

j450,

I get what you are saying, he modded his 400 and they are "stock". But in reality all he did was even the field with almost the same displacement... AND he spanked them with 20th century technology vs 21st century technology... NOT BAD!!!

REPOMAN
02-13-2008, 07:42 AM
well one of them has a ported head and the other is about to do a ported head, cams, etc. both already have full exhaust and filters. it is all in fun though. i have friends that own motorcycle shops and what not and hey always give me hell about putting so much money in to my 400 and i do it because i love it for some reason i would rather take something and bust my but to make it fast and original, and they would rather buy something everyone else has that is fast out of the box. now i am not saying that some serious thought hasnt gone into that ktm 525 quad that i rode a couple of weeks ago and i will be buying one soon but not everyone will have one.

REPOMAN
02-13-2008, 07:45 AM
here is my quad by the way with the old exhaust.

250x_kyle
02-13-2008, 08:41 AM
if your friend has port work and a pipe on his yfz and you can beat him tell him to learn how to ride. most of your power comes from your head.

08400EX
02-13-2008, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by 250x_kyle
most of your power comes from your head.

Cool, hey Repoman, who did your head work?

:rolleyes:

XXXRACER165
02-13-2008, 08:55 AM
This seems to be a growing phenomenon. I was at little Saharah 2 years ago, same situation. A whoop highway and I lined up against a Yfz with the dirt bike cam mod and Dr.D full exhaust + it was jetted durr, but we ran wide open for the longest time and he couldn't pull away from me. LMAO you should of seen his reaction, he did the classic double take a couple times.

REPOMAN
02-13-2008, 09:19 AM
if your friend has port work and a pipe on his yfz and you can beat him tell him to learn how to ride. most of your power comes from your head.
actually he is a very good rider. but even if he wasnt it doesnt take much skill to push the throttle. but hey you sound like you know better than me even though i was there. :rolleyes:
08 i am pretty sure is was sparks that did the head been awhile since it was done

REPOMAN
02-13-2008, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by XXXRACER165
This seems to be a growing phenomenon. I was at little Saharah 2 years ago, same situation. A whoop highway and I lined up against a Yfz with the dirt bike cam mod and Dr.D full exhaust + it was jetted durr, but we ran wide open for the longest time and he couldn't pull away from me. LMAO you should of seen his reaction, he did the classic double take a couple times.
lol the look on there faces is always great. seems like most people think the yfz450 is the best thing on earth and so do banshee owners. i am not saying they are bad bikes but there not the be all end all.

Mercedes
02-13-2008, 12:58 PM
hey REPOMAN what air scoops do you have on there ?? Are they from a 450R???

Hondamaster5505
02-13-2008, 01:13 PM
Hahaha, I LOVE seeing the face of the 450 guys after not only beating them but leaving a giant roost on em:p

Once the shee actually threw a rock and knocked the wind out of the one guy:eek:

REPOMAN
02-13-2008, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Mercedes
hey REPOMAN what air scoops do you have on there ?? Are they from a 450R???
IRONICALLY ENOUGH THEY ARE MAIER YFZ450 SCOOPS. LOL

Hondamaster5505
02-13-2008, 01:34 PM
If the YFZ's do get a bore job, I guess REPOMAN has to get a 500 stoker:devil:

400ex28
02-13-2008, 02:19 PM
I love stompin on 450's at the track

REPOMAN
02-13-2008, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Hondamaster5505
If the YFZ's do get a bore job, I guess REPOMAN has to get a 500 stoker:devil:
if this motor doesnt work i am actually thinking about a 650 motor from a dirtbike. there is a guy in carlsbad, nm with one and it is way fast. but my moto is "its just money". to bad my wife doesnt share he same moto lol

02-13-2008, 02:44 PM
Just subsribing to this thread so its on my new user cp.

Wheelie
02-13-2008, 08:03 PM
Repoman--

Sick ride, I love it.

It's great to pull up to 450's on an EX and hang with or beat them. I've had people get pissed, and most give me the thumbs up. One nice thing about riding an EX is no one expects the quad to haul ***.

REPOMAN
02-13-2008, 09:33 PM
heck man most people dont even know what kind of bike i have because nothing is really stock on it anymore.

ohiomotoxer
02-14-2008, 08:48 AM
Goin to the 440 was the BEST thing I ever did.

http://img2.putfile.com/main/7/19913533965.jpg

Mercedes
02-14-2008, 09:06 AM
hey REPOMAN is the a lot of fitting to do to get thoses air scoops on my 06 400ex???

Its the first time a see scoops that I like, so sorry if I'm pushing on this matter.

Honda_Matt
02-14-2008, 10:07 AM
ahahaa,
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e138/30thCamarov6/381b_1.jpg

REPOMAN
02-14-2008, 12:39 PM
dude i need that sticker. i will be unting for one now

250x_kyle
02-14-2008, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by REPOMAN
actually he is a very good rider. but even if he wasnt it doesnt take much skill to push the throttle. but hey you sound like you know better than me even though i was there. :rolleyes:
08 i am pretty sure is was sparks that did the head been awhile since it was done

theres a hell of alot more to drag racing than pushing the throttle. theres body postition and shift timing that also play major part of a drag race. you people get way to offensive way to quick on this site. you must be one of those people who cant take a joke because you can rag on the 450 guys but cant take it back when someone bad mouths ur 400. ill never own another 400ex. im not saying that hes a bad rider im saying that your a better rider than him because he should have beat you with his modds. ask any engine builder your power comes from your head. evidentaly honda matt has never ridden a yfz because he would no for a fact that the yfz pulls more power.

Hondamaster5505
02-14-2008, 02:30 PM
A WELL BUILT 440ex is in the 45hp range..

And a piped/jetted/filtered YFZ is in the 45hp range..

SO even if he had porting, he wouldnt have TOO much more power than REPOMANS quad. At that point, its down to rider.

So you can't say the YFZ would totally blow away the 400ex hes riding.

XXXRACER165
02-14-2008, 02:41 PM
evidentaly honda matt has never ridden a yfz because he would no for a fact that the yfz pulls more power.

Evidently you havent riddin a good 440EX like mine. Cause everyone that has know YFZ's are turds unless you bore them out. I raced one in the dunes that had cam, intake & exhaust + he had paddles I DIDN'T and he couldn't pull away from me.

Honda_Matt
02-14-2008, 03:01 PM
dude i need that sticker. i will be hunting for one now

They have them on ebay. LOL

evidentaly honda matt has never ridden a yfz because he would no for a fact that the yfz pulls more power.

Dude, get your panties outa a bunch...

It's a joke, and FYI, ive ridden many YFZ's and really wasnt all that impressed with them.

REPOMAN
02-14-2008, 03:18 PM
theres a hell of alot more to drag racing than pushing the throttle. theres body postition and shift timing that also play major part of a drag race. you people get way to offensive way to quick on this site. you must be one of those people who cant take a joke because you can rag on the 450 guys but cant take it back when someone bad mouths ur 400. ill never own another 400ex. im not saying that hes a bad rider im saying that your a better rider than him because he should have beat you with his modds. ask any engine builder your power comes from your head. evidentaly honda matt has never ridden a yfz because he would no for a fact that the yfz pulls more power.
"you people" thats funny. if you dont like it dont come in here. dont think that you know how i or my friends ride and i wont think that i truely know how much of an idiot you are. and i wasnt "ragging" on 450 guys at all so why would i infact need to "take back" anything. but hey whatever little fella.

REPOMAN
02-14-2008, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Honda_Matt
They have them on ebay. LOL

Dude, get your panties outa a bunch...

It's a joke, and FYI, ive ridden many YFZ's and really wasnt all that impressed with them.
i cant find one of those stickers.

glamiskid395
02-14-2008, 04:29 PM
REPOMAN,

hows do those paddles work for you? i mite be getting a new set, soon, eithe sand stars, skat trak edges, or the ones that you have.

how do they slide, and what kind of roost do they have?

thanks

BTW nice job on woopin on the 450s
my stock bore 400ex can hang with ported/polished/piped YFZs until they hit 4th goin up the hills at GLAMIS

-Mike

REPOMAN
02-14-2008, 04:50 PM
i have about 6 set of paddles and absolutely love the ones i have in the pics. i had bought them for my wifes quad and they were cheap. 190 bux for the rears with rims. they slide and roost great. they are a really really soft compound and i think that is the secret to them doing so well. i will try to get the name of them and let you know what they are.

450rJam
02-14-2008, 05:06 PM
glamis kid are you serious?

stock bore 400ex hang with port/polish/pipe yfz ?

I have a 400ex and a 450r and unless your running nos or they cant ride for crap im calling bs on this one.

I have had 440's hang pretty close but my stock bore pipe/jetted/no lid 400ex cant stay in the shadow of my 450

but I havnt had to do crap to my ex and it runs forever
the 450 needs valve job/rings and its only 2 years old

glamiskid395
02-14-2008, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by 450rJam
glamis kid are you serious?

stock bore 400ex hang with port/polish/pipe yfz ?

I have a 400ex and a 450r and unless your running nos or they cant ride for crap im calling bs on this one.

I have had 440's hang pretty close but my stock bore pipe/jetted/no lid 400ex cant stay in the shadow of my 450

but I havnt had to do crap to my ex and it runs forever
the 450 needs valve job/rings and its only 2 years old

yeah, i get them off the line and through the woops, then they catch me and pass me as they hit the next gear (3 or 4) never asked them before.
they are still new to quads (6 years) compareed to me (14years) so i got some experience on them.

REPOMAN

thanks
ive seen those paddles for sale at Glamis so i know where to get them.
i'll be trying a set of sand stars this weekend, and maybe try to get a tet drive on the type of paddles you got in that picture.

CSR400EX
02-14-2008, 10:03 PM
lol, the only thing i like about the YFZ is they rap up really fast. otherwise, i'd rather own a honda 450 or even a 400. and my old 440 put some YFZ's down at the drags at the county fair:devil:

SG1
02-16-2008, 09:16 PM
i have about 6 set of paddles and absolutely love the ones i have in the pics. i had bought them for my wifes quad and they were cheap. 190 bux for the rears with rims. they slide and roost great. they are a really really soft compound and i think that is the secret to them doing so well. i will try to get the name of them and let you know what they are.

I would also like to know what those paddle tires are they look cool and look like they would do good for drag and hill shooting. Nice bike and how much work is it to put on the 450 scoops.

REPOMAN
02-17-2008, 03:27 PM
scoops are easy i used some hand guard mounts for the bottom and the top i think i used a small piece if aluminum strap.

SG1
02-17-2008, 09:10 PM
Repoman,

What kinda paddles you have. I would really like to know. I can't find them anywhere. Also what did you use the aluminum strap for on the installation of the yfz450 air scoops. Can you please post many more pics of your bike. I realy think it's a great looking 400ex. Thanks.

SG1
02-23-2008, 11:05 AM
Well I would love to know what those Sand tires are. Where did you get them from.

450rJam
02-23-2008, 11:19 AM
that is one kick arse photo, look at the right rear hub, it looks like its floating in air