PDA

View Full Version : Itps? Maxxis? Kenda?

SzukiRacer
02-12-2008, 08:54 AM
We are off to a new season. I ran Razr's last year, but not sure what to go with this year? Just curious as to what others are running?

Maxxis Razr MX Kenda Klaw ITP Quadcross MX ITP Holeshot SX Holeshot MXR6

KwAdUp
02-12-2008, 08:56 AM
i would go with itp. then choose what tires from there depending on your riding

SzukiRacer
02-12-2008, 09:04 AM
That is where I am leaning, but I want to get a few opinions first. Thanks.

02-12-2008, 10:31 AM
Deffinately Maxxis

mittman
02-12-2008, 11:50 AM
i've used Maxxis for the past 2 years and i wont go with any other tire

KwAdUp
02-12-2008, 12:48 PM
i know your gonna get a different opinion from every person because its pretty much the tire they started with is the tire there gonna stick with. i mean both companies make great tires. but i run the itp holeshot hd's and they have never failed me.

dustin_j
02-12-2008, 01:26 PM
I have used razr mx's, kenda klaw mx's, and mxr6's and my favorite so far is the razrs. Most of my riding has been on hard-packed mx tracks though. Hope this helps.

EDIT: I have only used these on the rear. On the front I run Kenda Klaws and I really like them.

ALAMX37
02-12-2008, 07:40 PM
Hate to bust up the Razr party but unless your using the soft compound Razr's are junk. The fronts are really not up to par with the others. I prefer Kenda's after riding all of the above. The wear and hookup and rivaled only by the MXR6.
Either will be a good investment.

ATV Z88
02-12-2008, 07:49 PM
sry to hijack the thread...

but for trailriding,,, what tires should i get

thx

04TRX400EX
02-12-2008, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by ALAMX37
Hate to bust up the Razr party but unless your using the soft compound Razr's are junk. The fronts are really not up to par with the others. I prefer Kenda's after riding all of the above. The wear and hookup and rivaled only by the MXR6.
Either will be a good investment.

I agree with the point that he makes about compound. Technology has advanced to the point where some tires are made for specific surfaces while others are good for all-around riding. I personally dislike Maxxis products and will never run a Razr tire. I like my Kenda Klaw XC's a lot and hear very good things about the MX versions as well. When I build my MX quad though I will run ITP's because they offer the most choice when it comes to different tires for different terrains.

So, depending on what the track is like where you ride, I'd recommend ...

* Kenda Klaw MX (varied conditions)
* ITP Quadcross MX (very hard packed)
* ITP Holeshot SX (medium to hard)
* ITP Holeshot MXR6 (loose packed)

ATV Z88: I suggest Kenda Klaw XC's for trail riding ... great traction, predictable slides, last forever

ATV Z88
02-12-2008, 08:17 PM
great man

thx for all your answers

LTR98 Rick
02-12-2008, 09:12 PM
Well i've never used Maxxis, but i have both Kenda and ITP right now and i like both. The Kenda rears don't hook up as good in the soft dirt, but can be switched around to hook up better in hard pack. The MXR6's are best for soft-medium terrain but aren't the best in hard.
I found the Kenda MX fronts are the best, but the Holehots were better in back. The Kenda's are alittle bigger than the Holeshots which changes how the quad accelerates, so a different sprocket is sometimes neede.

NJ450rider
02-13-2008, 03:36 PM
Ive run both maxxis and itp tires. Maxxis tires hands down destroy itp tires in sliding, traction/acceleration, holding a corner.
Ive never run kenda tires.

Dont forget maxxis has two new mx tires out....

I razr mx

Razr cross

jacobw
02-14-2008, 09:34 AM
the kendas now offer a sticky tire compound and the also offer the claw rears and knarley rears for mx so you have some choices

atva_63
02-17-2008, 06:15 PM
I have ran kendas for 3 years. Up untill last year I always ran their klaw rear. I made a switch to their new sx sticky rear it has a closer tread pattern and is alot more predictable. It looks to be more lower profile than thier usuall balloon look, But i never measuered them.

BRYANTRACING88
02-21-2008, 12:27 PM
Has anybody tried the BKT X-Driv for mx? If so what did you think?

DEVINF450R
02-21-2008, 04:24 PM
ok here goes... I have raced on all brands of rear except Kenda. I have raced on all brands of front tire.

The Holshot SX and standard Razr mx rear seem to be the best (I just bought the soft compound Rear razr not used it yet though)

Kenda Klaw fronts outshine the rest by a mile (have not used itp or maxxis's new front tire yet) I would say razr-cross fronts will work as good if not better than the Klaws.

best MX combo I have raced so far, Holeshot SX rear, Klaw front