PDA

View Full Version : something wrong with my motor?

madskrillz2
02-11-2008, 11:15 PM
Well I was out riding yesterday and a few things happened that made me think it's about to go. First thing, I was running up to a double and I was coasting in 4th and then for a split second it sounded like it went into 3rd and jumped back in to 4th. THEN, I was coming around a corner and had it in 3rd. I have to clutch it a bit because theres a short run at the step on step off but I always get over it no problem. Well when I got on the gas it didn't pull at all. Not really bogging it just wasn't pulling hard.

So is this just I need a new clutch or something more?

lpmaster
02-11-2008, 11:19 PM
hmmm hard to tell without riding it for you but sounds to me like a slipping clutch. maybe just out of adjustment? the cables tend to stretch and stick over time.

7t9cbx
02-18-2008, 06:42 AM
Does the engine rev without any increase in ground speed. If so you have a clutch related issue . Make sure that your clutch cable is adjusted correctly. If it is, then it's probably time for a clutch

John451
02-18-2008, 03:13 PM
Try changing the oil first. My xr and trx do that when they were up for one. Try that and it should fix the shifting. If that doesnt help the clutching then try the cable. But I've defiantly had that problem with my dirtbikes and 4 wheelers. Random shifting, false neutrals between 3rd and 4th, 4th and 5th. Good luck!

madskrillz2
02-18-2008, 03:29 PM
yeah i changed the oil in it a couple days ago so we'll see how she does this weekend.