PDA

View Full Version : When PowderCoating........How do I?

Sparks425Ex
11-17-2002, 05:33 PM
My Frame just got back from my dads work and is all welded and gusseted. Now it is getting ready to be Pced. It iwll be Bead Blasted this week and then ready to be Pced after that. Before i Bead Blast it there is still a bushing/Bearing or sumthing in where the bototm of the steering stme goes.

WHat do i do about that part?

Can it be taken out?

Or What should i do with it?

beerock
11-17-2002, 05:46 PM
you have to take the clips out and remove the seals.(its pretty easy)
then find a nice size extended socket and put it on the bearing and hammer it out.

should take 1 minute.

I would use needle nose to get the cir clips out. if you dont have the tool.

11-17-2002, 06:18 PM
i wish my seals fing worked lol im taking my wheeler apart and i found out taht that bearing and all that crap down in there rusted to crap. lol ohh well its gonna be like 20 to order all new bearings. I was wondering why it was turning so hard lol quess i found out.
killer

Sparks425Ex
11-17-2002, 06:34 PM
Do i pound out the beearing or do i take the clip out first?

Which side do i pound the bearing out on?

11-17-2002, 07:26 PM
TAKE THE CLIP OUT THEN POUND IT OUT I BELEIVE THAT YOU pound it from bellow.
killer

11-18-2002, 06:13 PM
dont just take it out ..be sure to cap the area or tape off w/proper pc tape ...so no PC get s in there ..this may be obvious to some ...but if ya have no experience sometimes stating what is obvious to others may be important to mention ..for first timers ..

btw ,..
if ya pound it out use a socket that fits snug a gainst the wall ..not on the seal or bearing surface but on the race of the bearing.. insuring the bearing will be ok if ya find it usable
after removing it
if ya use a needle nose you will proly ruin the clip & need a new one ..save a few bucks & do it right ..but if for some reason it does get bent dont re-use it ..