PDA

View Full Version : 300ex engine work

gablett
02-11-2008, 07:47 PM
My wifes 300 is leaking oil out the rear center of the case pretty good. So I am taking it apart to redo all the seals and put a new piston in it and rings since its a 93 and has never had this done. So I got everything unhooked from the engine but cant get it out of the frame. Every which way I try to twist it to fit it out it gets jammed. Is there something I am missing? Do you have to partially disassemble the engine to get it out? Its very frustrating, so any help would be appreciatted. And to anyone who has redone the seals before are there any pointers? I would like to learn from your mistakes, so let me know all the tips tricks and dont do's. Thanks.

redrider330
02-12-2008, 03:58 PM
have u took ur valve covers and head off im pretty sure u have 2 cause i got my head and jug out im taking the bottom end out this weekend looks like it would just come straight off

JIMFROMTEXCO
02-12-2008, 04:29 PM
it makes it easier to take the topend off. how ever you have to remove your foot pegs, grab the top end kinda lift it up-ward and twist the rear end out to the left ( i think its the left its been awhile since ive had mine out). it is one of those things i fight with for 1/2 and hour then when it comes out i smack my self in the face, after having scarred up knuckles and tons of not so nice words.

when you start taking the bottem end apart take pictures of how everything looked whne it came apart. makes it pretty easy.

also buy a manual if you dont have one allready!

TRX-330
02-12-2008, 06:53 PM
U guys always make it sound so hard butt when ever i took out my bottom end out it was easier then putting it in, and i never took the nerfs or foot pegs off. Putting it in wasn't to hard just getting it in the bolt spots was a SOAB!