PDA

View Full Version : Riding in the snow???

trailhouseowner
11-17-2002, 04:50 PM
Just curious how many people ride their ATV's in the snow?? I haven't but am considering it this year.:square

Happy Holidays
from

http://browningforktrail.tripod.com

Rip_Tear
11-17-2002, 04:57 PM
I have ridden my quads in the snow... I dont care for it much though, I can power slid enough with out snow! Its fun though, I like snowmobiling better though.

11-17-2002, 06:14 PM
i love riding in the snow its just that you have to have god snow tires. Stock 400ex tires work great or realtors, spider tracks ect. holeshots raxors all suck in the snow. Thats what i had on mine last year and i was siting in third gear with my friend on his stock 400 putting in first gear. It was pretty rediculas. But its so much fun. We would find big feilds and see who could get eachother with there rost or we would have roost competitions seeing who could through the snow further. I love snow so much that i am doing my rebuild right now and hoping to have it backtogether by thanksgiving day weekend so i can ride in the snow with my new tires. I cant wait. I was so mad this morning when i woke up to see 3 inches of slushy snow out side and not being able to ride. Ohh well But definitly try it its a thing that you either love or hate.
killer

Quad18star
11-17-2002, 07:15 PM
Ridding in the snow is pretty fun . You have to use your clutch LOTS though. I ride in the snow for about 5 months out of the year up here in Canada and the Suzuki LT 250 i had never had any probs . I just had to rejet it for the cold air and stud the tires up. Without studs it aint any fun and it could cost you a fortune when it over revs to ****. I know by experience . Was racing a bansheeon the frozen lake , he had studs and i had none . I kept up to him until i hit a patch of ice in 6th gear pinned and WHAMMMM no more crankshaft , snapped it in 3 places . Lotta money!! Always stud

roostin_dale
11-17-2002, 09:51 PM
I love ridin in the snow....especially when you can pack the snow for jumps:D

QuadJunkies
11-18-2002, 02:00 AM
Any of you rode with a set of paddles in the snow?As soon as it snows here,we had planned to go out to the dunes and take a few people and pull them sledding. :D

Quad18star
11-18-2002, 11:50 AM
Paddle tires dont help at all in the snow . All that happens its the snow gets into the paddles, fills them up and then you have two tires that are completely useless. Studds are where its at when the snow is packed down .

roostin_dale
11-18-2002, 03:42 PM
yea ive tried Sand Sharks and it didnt work very well

upstate rider
11-18-2002, 04:48 PM
Try tieing a slid behind you and whipping someone around , it's fun and yell laugh your *** off watching them roll when they get going to fast.