PDA

View Full Version : DC Duels

etondaddy
02-11-2008, 05:22 PM
I can't get a hold of Dave today could anyone tell me the measurements of the DRR style upper a-arm WxHxL. What I'm trying to do is plate them with a chrome looking cobalt plating from Caswell Plating and trying to figure out what size kit to get. I was going to use a flat pan type container........ I think :huh

This is the kit ;
http://caswellplating.com/kits/electroless_krome.htm

Mike Kozura

jd100879
02-11-2008, 06:28 PM
Mike,

Have you ever plated before? There is an art to it if you haven't. I know Caswell has a lot of good stuff, I researched their stuff when we were considering putting in a plating shop. Be sure you test plate, so you don't ruin a perfectly good a-arm. :)

Ohhh yeah GOOD LUCK!!!!! :blah:

etondaddy
02-11-2008, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by jd100879
Mike,

Have you ever plated before? There is an art to it if you haven't. I know Caswell has a lot of good stuff, I researched their stuff when we were considering putting in a plating shop. Be sure you test plate, so you don't ruin a perfectly good a-arm. :)

Ohhh yeah GOOD LUCK!!!!! :blah:
Thanks............. :blah: :blah: yeah I planed on doing some test stuff. I was going to pay the 15 bucks and check out the Caswell online manual before I bought anything. Maybe I'll give you a call. :confused:

Mike

jd100879
02-11-2008, 07:12 PM
Mike,

I bought the manual at one time but probably couldn't find it now though. Ohhh don't waste your time calling me, I just researched the idea of putting in a plating shop, I never actually got to try my hand at it. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night............:D

Rcarroll
02-12-2008, 01:24 AM
Mike
Send a PM or something to member wheresrichie he is located in New York. I think he does some plating and powder coating of small stuff. I can give him a call and ask him to contavt you if you would like.

Robin

etondaddy
02-12-2008, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by Rcarroll
Mike
Send a PM or something to member wheresrichie he is located in New York. I think he does some plating and powder coating of small stuff. I can give him a call and ask him to contavt you if you would like.

Robin
Yeah that would be cool........... I do my own powdercoating and have done a little polishing. When I was building my powdercoat oven and just starting the people on the Caswell forum were great I learned a lot but now I can't get anyone to reply to the plating post.......... no clue

Mike Kozura

etondaddy
02-12-2008, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by jd100879
Mike,

I bought the manual at one time but probably couldn't find it now though. Ohhh don't waste your time calling me, I just researched the idea of putting in a plating shop, I never actually got to try my hand at it. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night............:D

If you happen to run across it let me know.

Mike Kozura