PDA

View Full Version : 2001 400ex electrcal???

fshnne1
02-11-2008, 03:52 PM
I have been reading for a couple of months now, great info. and now I need help.

A few months back I bought a 2001 400ex for the wife, stripped it down, pc the frame etc..

today I put everything back together battery back in and I was sitting in the house, key was off but on off switch was on, and I heard the ex trying to start, I ran out side switched the key to on then back off nuthing, finally thank god I had the plastic off and battery mounts I had to pull the battery terminals to turn it off. happy that it was up on the lift, or it would have been into the wall??

any ideas or help...

also
if anyone has a wire diagrahm what two wires (color) doeas the neut. light hook up to?

nofear911
02-11-2008, 05:10 PM
Sounds like solenoid. Easy to check, disconnect small wire and reconnect battery. If it turns over, bad solenoid.

If not it is in the harness I would say, two wires rubbed together.

Sorry I don't remember which wires go to lights.

fshnne1
02-11-2008, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by nofear911
Sounds like solenoid. Easy to check, disconnect small wire and reconnect battery. If it turns over, bad solenoid.

If not it is in the harness I would say, two wires rubbed together.

Sorry I don't remember which wires go to lights.

the solenoid next to the battery?

REPOMAN
02-11-2008, 07:22 PM
yes the solenoid next to the battery. man that would have scared the crap out of me.

fshnne1
02-11-2008, 09:45 PM
yup scared the crap ouy of me! I did not have the oil tank on it was blowing oil out of the cases about 3 feet, with a huge pool below it! thank god I had not drained the cases!