PDA

View Full Version : Here we go!

riz400
11-04-2001, 05:39 PM
I had the chance to ride a very nice 400 yesterday. This one was very special because it had the "HRC" cam and piston! It also had a big gun full system. HOLY COW!!! This thing ripped! I believe the compression on the HRC piston is 11:1 using the stock bore. The quad almost wheelies out of control. It has so much more power everywhere. The low end is insane and it just keeps building.

I gotta do something like that. I am not paying over $600.00 for a piston and cam so I think I am going to order the JE kit from Marcum's to go along with my existing XR cam. I just tore apart my top end a few hoursago. Here's a few pics.

riz400
11-04-2001, 05:41 PM
Another...What do you guys think???Should the piston look like that?? This is my first re-build..

400exBro
11-04-2001, 05:44 PM
thats awsome man i wish i was u i wanna ride that thing:( :D
Those renthals you have are they the Quad racing bars????
if they are you did you get the little plastic thingy over you bars??? also how do you get the end caps in i font think they fit on my bars
lata
400exbro

riz400
11-04-2001, 05:52 PM
No they are not racing bars they are the standard 400EX bend. I don't have the end caps installed either. I wish I did though. I had one of my grips come off when I was riding yesterday. I use grip glue but I think I might try super glue this time.

400exRacerX
11-04-2001, 05:59 PM
Yes, it is normal for your piston to look like that, it is all the carbon built up on top of it. I also think your engine needs a good cleaning.;)

Tommy 17
11-04-2001, 07:15 PM
riz thats funny how ur quad looked so nice b4 and now its just frame sittin there. have fun puttin it all back together. i wanted to do mine by myself it seems fun but i can't trust myself. i got my frame at my house while hes building my engine i asked him for the frame and stuff so i can clean it up good and regrease everything easy.

riz400
11-04-2001, 08:04 PM
There really is nothing to tearing down your quad. Anyone with common sense can do it. Just by a shop manual and have at it. I have replaced my cam before but I have never rebuilt my top end. We'll see how it goes.:D