PDA

View Full Version : what to get for racing

TeamFopo
02-11-2008, 02:58 PM
Im just wondering what to get for a wheeler to race with like a 450 class..casue my friends got a kfx 450 and its nice but i want something different thats just as good or better...i was thinking yfz 450 but he said that they dont got good low end like the kfx does...and another thing i was wonder is it worth it getting a wheeler to race casue i dont see many races for wheelers i see alot for bikes tho..so im stuck in the middle of which one to get.i use to race dirtbikes in my younger years... thanks

racernorris
02-12-2008, 01:31 PM
suzuki, the reason i recomend the ltr is because you don't have to buy a-arms, axle, or a swing arm. its already wide enuff, all u need is shocks, u can revale the stock ones. as for the question about quads vs bikes, you said u wanted to be differant!
most of the fast bike guys that now ride quads are fast out of the box, where most quad heads that never rode bike had to work at it a while. i think its because, with stock shocks u fill limited on a quad, after u get better equipment u progress.

norris;)

TeamFopo
02-12-2008, 02:24 PM
true, but im still in the middle of choosing lol..but i would like more opinions.

TeamFopo
02-15-2008, 07:39 PM
Bumppp..need more opinions

patrickj75
02-16-2008, 11:36 AM
the easiest quad to set up is a Honda. everybody makes parts for them. they've proven themselves over and over. what type of racing are you looking to do?

TeamFopo
02-19-2008, 03:44 PM
well probably start ama and then move up, would like to go pro..it aint the first time ive raced so i aint scared to go fast and ride hard