PDA

View Full Version : ltz90 mods

Saliba
02-11-2008, 01:28 PM
My younger brother has one and i removed the airbox and put a K&N filter right off the carb and also got the yoshi full system for it and jetted it. This helped a fair bit but i know theres way more potential. Just wondering if anyone on here has heard of any new mods out for this little quad, not just for power but suspension too cuz its in need of some better suspension forsure. Even if you have some of your own tricks to make it better, post em up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Brandon

clymerclan
02-20-2008, 05:57 PM
Assume the speed reduction spacer in the drive train has been removed. Aside from the mods you mention, I haven't found much else available.

One other mod is with the wheels that can be turned to give the bike a wider stance. Rotating the rear tires (left for right) gives a much more stable ride. You can also do the front tires, but I changed them back as the brakes are exposed, plus they were actually a little wider than the rear.

Where did you get the K&N air filter?

Saliba
02-20-2008, 06:17 PM
I removed the air box and took out the stock intake tube, then took a K&N style filter off of his old gio atv and clamped it onto the tube then the tube onto the carb. Worked great and has a nicer sound too. I can post a pic if u want. We also flipped the front wheels around too. Helps a bit. Apparently dynatech has a CDI out for the ltz50 that will also work on the 90. Stock it revvs at around 7800 rpm, they dyna revvs at around 9500 rpm. Hopefully he'll be getting one soon. I'm also going to see if elka has a shock that is the same or a bit longer then stock becuase the stock suspenion is absolute garbage.