PDA

View Full Version : IMS oversize tank problem

Mercedes
02-11-2008, 11:55 AM
Even since I put this IMS tank on, when I get to the point that there is about 4lt left in the tank when I hit the throttle hard its like the is no gas going to the engine. Or even if i lift the front wheels of the grong while riding I get the same problem.

Any ideals?

bigbadbubba
02-11-2008, 02:54 PM
the gas is swishing in side the tank, so when the gas goes to the back of the tank your technically "run" out for the time being.

that and the inside of the tank is pushed up so you really don't have as much as you think you do.

Drewltr450
02-11-2008, 04:21 PM
tank foam may solve this

Mercedes
02-12-2008, 09:12 AM
I pumped out the fuel left(thinking maybe there was water in it) and there was about 4lt. left, so I was not running out of fuel.

Is it possible that because i kept the heat guard under the original tank, and IMS instruction say to remouve it, that the angle of the fuel is wrong?

bigbadbubba
02-12-2008, 09:59 PM
i have mine in there, you need it in there to avoid melting the tank..... hence the name " heat guard "

Mercedes
02-13-2008, 09:03 AM
IMS instructions do say to remouve it, but I did not, just had to cut the front clips off.

But now I would like to get back to the problem.

If I do have water in the tank, what are the steps that I need to take to get it out of there??

bigbadbubba
02-13-2008, 10:07 PM
disconnect it, take it off, empty out the tank completely and then there you go, gas is usually watered down from the pump, so unless you have a very large amount of water in there, i couldn't see that being the problem.

Mercedes
02-21-2008, 02:05 PM
Thanks for your help :ermm: .

I found the problem, and just wanted you guys to know.

I replaced the fuel filter and Its all good now :blah:

Was full of dirt.

So if you dont know, now you know:chinese: