PDA

View Full Version : yokley to honda?!

250r rider 88
02-11-2008, 11:22 AM
anyone else see where he announced he would be on a honda (privateer) for 2008 at the IXCR awards banquet? so the question has to be asked was he kicked or did he leave? anyone with some inside info?

smr
02-11-2008, 01:22 PM
He left on his own terms.

Technically he is a privater but he has Chris Grissom doing his motors. Thats the same guy that did his motors before he rode a Kawi.

Look for the yoke to come on strong this year.

national425ex
02-11-2008, 01:36 PM
I wouldnt exactly call Yoke a privateer. He is backed by the national gaurd. Arent they paying for just about everything? The deal he got with them is better then what he had with Kawi last year. Dont really see how he is considered a privateer. Maybe because he doesnt have a factory behind him???:confused:

my88r
02-11-2008, 01:45 PM
http://www.racerpress.com/newsmanager/templates/?a=233&z=31

yok said kawi cut back on off road support. the bike side for kawi did to. Fred andrews team will be on Yamaha's this year.

250r rider 88
02-11-2008, 02:27 PM
well defending myself here i didnt know he still had the gaurd as a sponsor but if they arent paying for everything and then some and hes paying somethings out of pocket you are still considered a privateer

example: chad wienen had alot of sponsors but was still a privateeer before he got on with suzuki
same with natalie and can am, lyons and polaris all had sponsors but if you arent being paid you are a privateer

smr
02-11-2008, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by national425ex
I Maybe because he doesnt have a factory behind him???:confused:

that technically makes him a privateer

He did get an offer from Kawi but it wassn't good enough to get him to ride it again.

NJ450rider
02-11-2008, 02:39 PM
How did the bike side of kawi cut back? They hired 4 new pro riders for supercross 2 weeks ago. I think maybe just the atvs they cut back? But than again they brought on what 4 or 5 new pro level atv riders as well???? So where did they cutback? Id say they must of cutback in money not riders.

my88r
02-11-2008, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by NJ450rider
How did the bike side of kawi cut back? They hired 4 new pro riders for supercross 2 weeks ago. I think maybe just the atvs they cut back? But than again they brought on what 4 or 5 new pro level atv riders as well???? So where did they cutback? Id say they must of cutback in money not riders.

gncc side. not mx

http://www.racerpress.com/newsmanager/templates/?a=177&z=31

NJ450rider
02-11-2008, 03:16 PM
Ah well thats a shame. looks like kawi is concentraiting more on the supercross/motocross side of things. both bikes and atvs.

my88r
02-11-2008, 03:30 PM
yok also has Polaris on his sponsor page:confused:

http://www.yokleyracing.com/sponsors.html

NJ450rider
02-11-2008, 03:35 PM
Yeah your right he does. Now im really confused! :confused: Man yokley needs to come on here and release some kind of a press statement explaining whats going on! By the looks of his website hes gonna be riding for polaris?? :confused:

my88r
02-11-2008, 03:37 PM
all the pics hes on a honda.:confused:

trxwannbe
02-11-2008, 03:41 PM
just to bring up a point. the "factory" definition you've given can't be right at all because i know that however small an amount it is some money is coming out of josh creamer's pocket for his practice bikes which would according to you make him a privateer.

NJ450rider
02-11-2008, 03:43 PM
Im thinking that maybe he was talking/ setting up a deal with polaris and one of the two parties changed there mind/backed out. And the correct ride now is the photos of the 450R. He just hasnt takin the polaris sponsor part off his website.

That would be my best guess...

national425ex
02-11-2008, 03:46 PM
no he is on a honda. Look around his website and you will see his new race quad. Maybe he his riding a ranger in the side by side, or maybe he is going to be doing a few WPSA Quad terrain. Seeing as how he has no factory contract. Polaris may of gave him a ranger and told him to advertise Polaris as a sponsor. Yokley is pretty much free to do what ever he wants and advertise what every factory he wants. He is by far the smartest Pro at the GNCC line this year. He had the chance to pick and choose which ever item he wanted to use. Very smart decision in my book.

my88r
02-11-2008, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by national425ex
no he is on a honda. Look around his website and you will see his new race quad. Maybe he his riding a ranger in the side by side, or maybe he is going to be doing a few WPSA Quad terrain. Seeing as how he has no factory contract. Polaris may of gave him a ranger and told him to advertise Polaris as a sponsor. Yokley is pretty much free to do what ever he wants and advertise what every factory he wants. He is by far the smartest Pro at the GNCC line this year. He had the chance to pick and choose which ever item he wanted to use. Very smart decision in my book.

that's what i thought.. he seems to be prepared this year. i hope to see him in the front again. :macho