PDA

View Full Version : Stroker Or Big Bore

450RRyder
02-11-2008, 08:30 AM
Whats up guys I was thinking about trying out some new mod on my 4fidy. The thing is I dont know If I want to stroke it or just put a big bore kit on. I know some of you have done one or the other or even booth. So hook me up with some info please.

chad502ex
02-11-2008, 09:15 AM
We're hitting 65/40 with a +3mm HR stroker crank with my top end....

no need to bore it, when you can stroke it!

:devil:

450RRyder
02-11-2008, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by chad502ex
We're hitting 65/40 with a +3mm HR stroker crank with my top end....

no need to bore it, when you can stroke it!

:devil:
What type of top end are you talking about, and also is the +3mm stroker a direct drop in or does the head need to be modded

chad502ex
02-11-2008, 09:28 AM
my cylinder head (port and flow with valve work) ande my piston kit....

the stroker crank is a HOT ROD +3mm stroker kit for about $350 plus installation parts and labor....

smithn1683
02-11-2008, 10:22 AM
You also have to think about how much work you want to put into it. It is going to take a lot more work to put a stroker in there then a big bore. Have you ever replaced the crank? If not then it might not be a bad idea to go for the stroker that way you can replace the bearings and anything else in the case. And if you are going to go for the stoker you are going to have to take the head and cylinder off and in that case why not just go for both.:D

Benjithx
02-11-2008, 12:43 PM
...why not both? :devil:

chad502ex
02-11-2008, 12:58 PM
i'd prefer if all my customers did it all at once, but about half of them say its a budget limitation that prevents them doing both at the same time,... pay now or pay later... paying now for both reduces the associated labor costs to do it again...

spanky101
02-11-2008, 01:05 PM
chad makes a very valid point, its not cheap at all to do one, let alone 2 at the same time! Chad, have you worked on any kfx heads? Sorry for the off-topic post

chad502ex
02-11-2008, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by spanky101
chad makes a very valid point, its not cheap at all to do one, let alone 2 at the same time! Chad, have you worked on any kfx heads? Sorry for the off-topic post

I kinda approach it like this,....

If you have a Corvette, do you take it to a Mustang Speed Shop?

Some specialize in Corvettes, some specialize in Mustangs, and some specialize in rice burners..... and some ventures into all the applications.... Usually, the specialized shops can produce the best performance.... but,.... Honestly, engine dynamics is the same in all engines.... whether it is Ford/Chevy/or rice burner its all the same.......

I've been digging into KTM and Yami's too, even though I bleed RED when cut... physics is physics,... Oh, and I can get parts for any application....

taino_racing
02-11-2008, 05:28 PM
NICELY SAID RIDE RED!!!!!!!!!!!!

desratt
02-12-2008, 06:55 PM
what year bike...?

I choose bore over stroke...

chad are your kits ones with the wrist pin in a different location or a shorter rod?

115mphclub
02-12-2008, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by chad502ex
i'd prefer if all my customers did it all at once, but about half of them say its a budget limitation that prevents them doing both at the same time,... pay now or pay later... paying now for both reduces the associated labor costs to do it again...

or you could just do it yourself. take the cylinder to a machine shop though. it'll save u quite a bit of green.