PDA

View Full Version : What are my options for the best xc Boots?

FireMedic686R
02-10-2008, 09:13 PM
I am looking to get a new set of boots. I have had my tech 6's for approx 7yrs. I love them but when I get stuck in the mud or soup in the trail my feet get soaked and talk about swamp feet! Is there a boot out there designed waterproof or close? Let me know.... Thanks

CRich[814]
02-10-2008, 09:16 PM
i have thor T-30 (i think they're $150 new) and they don't make them anymore. well anyway, they're cheaper boots and water never gets in, even when i hose them off while wearing them. im sure any newer boot will work and thor makes a boot with a very aggressive sole made for atv riders.

my88r
02-10-2008, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by FireMedic686R
I am looking to get a new set of boots. I have had my tech 6's for approx 7yrs. I love them but when I get stuck in the mud or soup in the trail my feet get soaked and talk about swamp feet! Is there a bood out there designed waterproof or close? Let me know.... Thanks

not a rideing designed boot. unless you go with a gore-tex work boot. i like my tech-3s though.

nick249420
02-11-2008, 06:28 AM
scott has a new boot out that will cost you ... alot
i dont realy like them they look like space boots but they are supposed too be realy good heres a reveiw on them

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Article_Page.aspx?ArticleID=4457

TANNER250r
02-11-2008, 10:02 AM
They do look like space boots kind of ugly IMO but the MSRP: $499.99 is really ugly.

ALAMX37
02-11-2008, 11:04 AM
I have been running Oxtars TCX Pro's for a couple of years now and they are the most comfortable boots I have ever used. The buckles are far better than Alpinestar and they have the inner bootie design like Tech 8's. They are kind of expensive but have been worth every penny for me.

Flyin-Low
02-11-2008, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by nick249420
scott has a new boot out that will cost you ... alot
i dont realy like them they look like space boots but they are supposed too be realy good heres a reveiw on them

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Article_Page.aspx?ArticleID=4457

Did you actually read that review? lol
They pretty much said that those boots suck, the soles feel like walking on 2x4s and their sweet brake pad was their least favourite feature. Not to mention that they are very hard to walk in and are only good for motocross?

02-11-2008, 03:20 PM
I just use my Fly Racing boots. They are comfortable and hold up pretty well.

mod440ex
02-11-2008, 03:25 PM
i got a pair of Fours about 4 yrs ago and i love them, i wont get another pair of boots. As long has I dont go above my lower calf and dont just stand in the water my feet stay dry. These boots are nimble enough to walk, but stiff enough to protect your ankle. Plus they have work boot type lugs on the bottom that help keep your feet planted on the pegs in snow, water, or mud. Very good boot I would recomend to anyone.

NJ450rider
02-11-2008, 03:37 PM
alpinestars, shift, fox, sidi, thor all have model boots that are "water resistant". As far as waterproof i dont know.

KXRida
02-12-2008, 08:59 AM
my tech 8's aren't bad, but you still get a little bit of a wet sock if you're in pretty swampy stuff during the ride. Supposidly the gaerne fastback boots are supposed to be good for water. I'm getting the older brother of the fastbacks (sg10's) so I'll let you know how they are.

quad2xtreme
02-12-2008, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
I just use my Fly Racing boots. They are comfortable and hold up pretty well.

For basic trail riding, the Fly 3/4 boots are really comfortable and do not leak. They are only $80 from Rocky Mountain.

They don't have the level of ankle support your would want for mx. They might be fine for xc.

/Jon

bwamos
02-12-2008, 10:53 AM
I've never had a problem with any boots I've owned. Just put on the boots over the riding pants and wrap seal the top w/ some duct tape to keep your feet dry.

quad2xtreme
02-12-2008, 10:54 AM
You might also do some research on Alpinestars "No Stop Boots". They have an extended gaiter. These might be considered "trials" boots but also list that they are for mx and xc.

/Jon

nickmelll
02-12-2008, 11:27 AM
i have tech 10s and they r pretty water proof...... but also not cheap