PDA

View Full Version : Delima.

416exfreak
02-10-2008, 07:02 PM
Well....lets see here.:ermm:

Im running out of places to ride. I only have one track thats within a reasonable distance (less than a 2 hour drive) from my house that still allows quads. All the forest area's around here are being shutdown. The cops are mad crazy trying to catch ATV riders.

And my parents wont let me go back to bikes. (to many broken bones from them).

My parents have no problem with me drag racing however.

My delima is this...Should I keep my quad, and keep dealing with having practically nowhere to ride, or should I sell my 440, find a banshee or an older Mustang and start building a drag car/quad?

Ive raced my 440 at the track and it just isnt that much fun. I love it on an MX track, but I like a shee better for the 8th mile. I've already ran a 8.56 at 88 mph on one of my dad's friends shee's, and I loved the rush.

Ive also drove my pickup at the track and I liked that too.

I am leaning towards selling my 440 and buying a shee, and seting it up for drag racing. We really dont have anywhere here close to me to ride at.

What would you do?

HondaEXrider22
02-10-2008, 07:18 PM
Do all that but get a 250R to stay red.

416exfreak
02-10-2008, 07:22 PM
a 250r doesnt have the potential to be as fast as a shee.

Ive seen some wicked fast 250r's but they were all 330, 350 and 365cc's on alcohol.

Id rather have a shee. More potential.:)

Robin Hood
02-10-2008, 09:13 PM
Get yourself one of these bad boys. :cool:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BwwHgsuAsHc&feature=user

CRich[814]
02-10-2008, 09:21 PM
don't you have a track at your house?

how old are you? i vote get a stang and enjoy having a nice car in high school.

my88r
02-10-2008, 10:10 PM
i feel your pain. Ive been trying to find good places to ride. i finally found one. now i half to pay to ride.a yearly fee:mad: but it beats getting out of the sport that i love.

DF400ex
02-11-2008, 02:00 AM
If you were going to sell the 440, I'd get a car over the Shee. You can drive the car more and it may even help you get chicks, lol.

416exfreak
02-11-2008, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by CRich[814]
don't you have a track at your house?

how old are you? i vote get a stang and enjoy having a nice car in high school.

I do have a track here at my house, but I get tired of racing my own lap times. I like racing other people.

My track is a mix of XC and MX. Its one quad wide in most spots and I have very limited room. I do what I can with the land that Im allowed to. I have basically 2.5 acres to work with, and its mostly wooded.

I get my lisence in 4 months. I already have a pretty nice truck to drive. It looks a little rough, but it runs like a champ and drives good. If I bought a mustang, it would be a drag car, considering that insurance on a mustang is gonna be a killer, considering i'll also be paying for insurance and gas for my truck, which has a V8 too.

Im caught between a rock and a hard place. I know I'll never be able to hang up my helmet completely. But on the other hand, I'm running out of places to ride. The tracks that are within a reasonable distance are all banning quads.

Ive begged and pleaded with my parents to lat me go back to bikes, but they absolutely wont budge. I've given up on that ever happening.

Im just not sure what I want to do.:ermm:

Hondamaster5505
02-11-2008, 04:26 PM
Try to find a dirt cheap banshee.

Then, either mod the hell out of the stock engine, or buy one of those tripple engines.

175hp and like 200 somethin torque:eek2:

My dad has a banshee, and as much fun as the 400 is, I NEVER felt as much of a rush as my dads banshee.

Im actually in the process of getting a title for mine and buying a banshee or 250r.

Ya gotta love 2-strokes:p

416exfreak
02-13-2008, 11:19 AM
Does anyone else have an opnion?:confused: