PDA

View Full Version : tires

250excrf250r
02-10-2008, 06:08 PM
best rear tires for a 250ex for track and trail and once in a while snow. i was thinking razrs

ryanh250ex
02-10-2008, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by 250excrf250r
best rear tires for a 250ex for track and trail and once in a while snow. i was thinking razrs

I have 4 ply razrs, I am very happy with them.

hellshot00
02-11-2008, 01:34 PM
i have razrs too they grip so much better than the hole shots but the hole shot radials are good tires for utilitys not the cheapest tho

Honda10
02-12-2008, 02:44 PM
Razr

prairiemonster
02-13-2008, 12:54 PM
For some reason I just can't get you guys to understand that your
pick of wheels and tires on a 250ex is one of the most important factors you have to make for the most performance out of this quad.I have spent more time and money testing tires than any other part of this quad.Nothing will make you sicker than standing track side after losing a $200-500 cash prize because you picked the wrong tire for that race!That important.
06ex tires and rims are about 15lbs front and about 18lbs rear anything more than that and you will lose hp,and as of yet I have not found anything lighter than stock.Bad news.
Never ever buy a tire because of its looks,go beg borrow are steal some other size tires from your buddies and try them,you might just learn something.This is what we tested last year razr,razrII,snow-hogs,mud-lites,ITP/sx,sr,mx4,mx6and gncc and a bunch more.I'm not saying to go buy this, it's what we use to fill our needs,your needs may be completely different.
MX raceing,20"sx up front/back 19"mx4 and 20"sr
GNCC ,woods, trail,21"sr front 20"sr back.22x8x9 mud-lite
Drags,stock front and rear (studded)
Just can't find a 22" tire that is lite enough to work well for us but thinking about some 23-25"tires for drags and top speed runs.One more thing to remember that tire height is not always true most of the time it runs less than stated.Width on the other hand tends to run true if not a little bigger than stated.I do not believe in a all -purpose tire but if I was forced to pick one I would have to lean towards the maxxis all-tracks.Pick e'm small, pick e'm tall, pick e'm lite and do it right.
:p

ryanh250ex
02-13-2008, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by prairiemonster
For some reason I just can't get you guys to understand that your
pick of wheels and tires on a 250ex is one of the most important factors you have to make for the most performance out of this quad.I have spent more time and money testing tires than any other part of this quad.Nothing will make you sicker than standing track side after losing a $200-500 cash prize because you picked the wrong tire for that race!That important.
06ex tires and rims are about 15lbs front and about 18lbs rear anything more than that and you will lose hp,and as of yet I have not found anything lighter than stock.Bad news.
Never ever buy a tire because of its looks,go beg borrow are steal some other size tires from your buddies and try them,you might just learn something.This is what we tested last year razr,razrII,snow-hogs,mud-lites,ITP/sx,sr,mx4,mx6and gncc and a bunch more.I'm not saying to go buy this, it's what we use to fill our needs,your needs may be completely different.
MX raceing,20"sx up front/back 19"mx4 and 20"sr
GNCC ,woods, trail,21"sr front 20"sr back.22x8x9 mud-lite
Drags,stock front and rear (studded)
Just can't find a 22" tire that is lite enough to work well for us but thinking about some 23-25"tires for drags and top speed runs.One more thing to remember that tire height is not always true most of the time it runs less than stated.Width on the other hand tends to run true if not a little bigger than stated.I do not believe in a all -purpose tire but if I was forced to pick one I would have to lean towards the maxxis all-tracks.Pick e'm small, pick e'm tall, pick e'm lite and do it right.
:p

Monster, check your pm's, i finally replied back.

He's right guys!!! Every 1 lb of rotating mass you add, it's like adding 7 lbs of non-rotating weight to the bike! that is not theory but fact!

I do mostly grass drags/trail riding, the stockers are light but I put a golf-ball sized tear in the carcass with a stick. I havent had any problems with the razrs. I went with 22"x10 , which in retrospect I should have gone to 20", but when I'm done with the 250 i'm going to need that extra tire so it worked out well for me.

flyboy62
02-13-2008, 06:46 PM
kend klaw! very good and long lasting!