PDA

View Full Version : lectron carbs?

garrettagr
02-10-2008, 06:02 PM
I have a 340 pv motor and was initally toying with selling it but have now decided to keep it. I have a 36mm mikuni tmx on it right now and that is choking it big time i would think. Are those lecron carbs any good or just for drag racing. I talked to dennis packard and he said they are the easiest carbs to tune. But my question is are they good? are they good for all round duneing? And if not, which would be a better choice. He said to use somewhere around a 40mm, any thoughts onthe size as well?

mfr422
02-10-2008, 10:39 PM
garrettagr,
Lectrons are good for duning, they are easy to tune as the needle is threaded and to adjust you screw it in or out, no jets to change. If you get an adjustable powerjet, you can adjust that also. I have one setup for methanol that I have run on my 250 motor and now on my 350pv. They are made for wide open running, hence the powerjet,but when jetted properly will work well all around. The powerjet flows fuel above 1/2 throttle and keeps you from leaning out on those long hillclimbs or when racing. I like them because of their adjustability and simplicity. A 40mm sound about right for a 310. I have a 38,40 and44 I'm going to try the 40,44 on my 350pv this year,all I've run is the 38 as that's what I bought for my 250 motor. hope this helps, Roost on:D p.s. you might also want to check out fastbygast.com, they have a really good description of how they work and paul knows his stuff.

kiesta00
02-11-2008, 12:17 AM
Definitely get a Lectron...they are a breeze to work with. I have a keihin converted to alcohol...what a PAIN to tune. Dam near have to take the carb off to do anything with it.

morse250r
02-11-2008, 06:33 AM
garrettagr
i replied to the post on that lectron on everything 2 stroke let me know

garrettagr
02-11-2008, 10:17 AM
hey morse, i did get that and thanks for the pictures. I am just a little worried about it being set up for alcohol. I was wanting to run it on gas preferably. This brings up a good question. What are the advantages of running it on alcohol vs. gas and hob bad does the fuel mileage go down? I dont want to be at glamis and ride for 2 hours and not make it back to camp :eek: Other than that morse, i have no problem getting it from you. I just have some reservations about alky because i would be a totall newbie in regards to that fuel. thanks guys

Qracer
02-11-2008, 12:07 PM
If anyone is interested, I have a Fast by Gast 44mm alky Lectron for sale, It has dual power jets & a 19-3xl needle. I also have a custon intake for it.
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j34/Qracer/Lectroncarb001.jpg