PDA

View Full Version : 2003 KFX440 basket case... Trade for truck or $1500 cash

kc 300EX
02-10-2008, 01:27 PM
Here's the deal. I have a 2003 KFX 400 I want to get rid of.
It has a lot of parts, most of which are brand new, I just don't have the time or energy to fix it and put it all together.

It was a running quad until I through the chain through the case last year. I bent the shift shaft which broke the center case where the shaft comes out. I have a brand new shift shaft for it, along with all gaskets, bearings and seals. The case will either need to be repaired or replaced. A competent machinest will be able to repair the case, or a competent mechanic will have to replace the case. I do not have a new case for it! You'll have to buy one if you choose to go that route. New they go for about 300 bucks. Not that bad, but you do have to split the cases if you want to do that, and I DO NOT have top end gaskets for the motor.

Ok, so, this is what you get:

The entire motor, with the broken case.
It has a Wiseco 440 kit 12:1 compression piston- Will run fine on Premium pump gas
Hot cams-2
HD DID Timing cam chain
BRAND NEW in the package Dirt Digger clutch and HD springs along with a new clutch cover gasket
The new shift shaft and bearings
Powerbomb Head pipe with Big Gun slip on

A BRAND NEW stock Honda 450R Carbureter, along with that you get the DRZ boot to bolt to the motor and a 400EX Boot to go to the Airbox, plus the HRC needle and a Dynojet Jet kit.... should be everything you need to bolt the carb up EXCEPT you will need to either to a throttle cable mod or get a new cable from Terry Cable. I never got that far b/c I never had the motor running on the 450 carb. I got rid of the stock carb since then so this is the carb you'll have to make it work with.

Also:
Fluidyne High Capacity radiator with Carbon Fiber shrouds
Pro Design Billet water pump impeller

As for the Chassis:
Frame is all stock, I do not have a title for it, There's no cracks yet, but I was pretty hard on it and always had stock suspension, I planbed on gusseting it and powdercoating it, but I never got around to it. I would suggest doing that before using it. The 03 frames were known for breaking at the upper shock mounts... this one hasn't yet though.

With the chassis comes the stock shocks all around

I used, but VERY good condition +1 1/4 RPM Swingarm-Black, very nice, complete with carrier and SS brake line.

+2+4 Durablue Axle, stock hubs

+2 Full flight a-arms, black, 12 way adjustable

I have brand new brake pads all around, not installed yet, brand new front wheel bearings, not installed yet just sitting in packages

Fat bars

ASV clutch lever

AC bumper

Also, full lowering kit, 2 actually, a durablue one and one I made that makes it much lower. Also a sway bar if you want. Will only fit this quad though due to the mount on the frame.

I had big plans for this quad but I ended up buying an 07 LTR instead and never finished the project

Now I want to get rid of it.

I also have the stock plastics, plus a full set of Black Maier plastics with a Nacs graphics kit. It has a flame seat cover and a 250R seat latch modified to fit the sub frame...... I lost the seat 1 too many times racing MX.

Anyways, like I said, it's not doing me any good sitting in the garage, so I'd like to get rid of it. It has a lot of good parts and someone with the time and energy to put into it can make a pretty sweet quad.

SO here's the deal. I'm going to either need $1500 bucks cash or a 4x4 for trade. I rolled my truck a few months ago and have been driving a cavalier around forever it seems. I need 4wd and a decently powered motor. Honestly, the older the better, and preferable running!

Anyone with a 80' something Chevy with a straight front axle can probably get me to deliver this quad to your house with a Bow on it. But in any case, let me know what ya got.

Best way to contact me is probable my email: cbotbyl@hotmail.com

I'm not looking to seperate any parts, I want to get rid of it all in one shot. So if you want the swingarm, or the a-arms, that's fine, but it's gonna be $1500 and you gotta take the rest of it too.

I don't have any recent pictures, but I'll post some as soon as I can.

If you have any questions, feel free to call me during the day on my cell phone. My name is Casey, and it's (845) 270-1429. I live in Westbrookville NY 12785 and work at Cycle Motion in Middletown NY 10940