PDA

View Full Version : what would the bike world be like if....

450raider
02-10-2008, 10:49 AM
as i sit here watching the ama superx (wheres stewart anyway? is he out with injury or just taking time off?) i see all the big 4's offerings along with a few ktm's and that pretty much is all the big brands but i just gotta wonder what it would be like if polaris and canam suddenly came up with bikes, think about it we have it alright in the atv world with every brand comin out that gives competition and ideas to each other, the riders more choices, and the complainers more to complain about so it works out for everyone but what would the bike world be like if the remaining 2 companies jumped on? would the polaris just be another ktm with red and white plastic and outlaw graphics, what would they call it since all their models have names? and canam would they try something out of the box with theirs?

just thinkin out loud is all

CRich[814]
02-10-2008, 10:52 AM
reed is amazing.

blholtz
02-10-2008, 10:58 AM
that would be interesting wouldn't it. how about that San Diego race, atually think that was one of the better race of the year so far. (Stewart went out just before Anaheim 2 with knee injury)

Here is the question I have: When are we going to start seeing quad supercross? I know they would have to change the tracks up a little bit but I think it it would be a big boost to our sport to get that kind of exposure.

suzukigirl
02-10-2008, 11:13 AM
that would be pretty cool...and actually they already have quad supercross...i know they run a series in montreal and its just as big as the dirtbike series...its really cool to watch

mx825
02-10-2008, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by suzukigirl
that would be pretty cool...and actually they already have quad supercross...i know they run a series in montreal and its just as big as the dirtbike series...its really cool to watch

but unfortunately it isn't telivised:(

It's much more intresting watching villopoto in the lites class

brink400
02-10-2008, 01:08 PM
I dont think polaris could even come out with a dirtbike. Theres no way anyone would buy one, and they would have to spend a huge amount of money on r&d and then actually building/producing them...theres no way they would be able to make money off of it. I think its awesome that we have so many choices now, it definitely leaves the door open for a lot more involvement from a ton of different manufacturers...

blholtz
02-10-2008, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by mx825
but unfortunately it isn't telivised:(

It's much more intresting watching villopoto in the lites class

unfortunately even it was televised in Canada it would not make the cut for U.S. TV but I think that this idea is probably come around in the near future. they should start by airing some of the larger Arena cross series.