PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on the KFX450

miles Machine
02-10-2008, 08:18 AM
Im thinking of switching to team green and i wanted to know other ppl's opinions on the kfx450 that have owned another brand 450 and how they compare (pro's-con's)

miles Machine
02-11-2008, 07:40 PM
Wow no one has ne thing good to say about it? maybe i shouldnt get one then

rider250ex
02-11-2008, 07:48 PM
I have alot good to say about it, but i havent owned another 450 so i only have a 250r to compare it to.

mod440ex
02-11-2008, 08:32 PM
same here, nothin but good things so far. but i havent owned another 450. I had a 440ex and this thing is way betterin power, handleing, ergo.

450raider
02-12-2008, 07:34 AM
well i do have a kfx and '04 450r and had an '07 and can for sure tell you the kfx is all around better now they do have their pros and cons but for my type of riding (trails) the kfx is the better buy, now im not too sure on the other 450's, i did beat a dude on an ltr but i didnt even know him so i dont know if he was any good at riding or sucked and he kept bitc*ing about not having a CB, and i got a freind that got a ds (the punk didnt even let me ride it, i let him ride the kfx when i got it, well not anymore) anyway we seem to be evenly matched except ive got reverse ha ha and it p.o.'s him when we get stuck and i just back out of it.

hope this somewhat helps

miles Machine
02-12-2008, 09:39 AM
im deff. gonna get somthing new for the 09 race season and its eather between honda if they make an awsome EFI bike for 09, but if not im gonna go with a 09 KFX.

#17YFZRACER
02-15-2008, 07:06 PM
wait for the 09 yfz. they are already sick but there going to be sicker. ;)

Roper76
02-15-2008, 07:22 PM
KFX IS JUNK, buy a suzuki !

450raider
02-15-2008, 08:55 PM
ok jr. we will all take that into consideration...:rolleyes:.. :tired:

02-15-2008, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by #17YFZRACER
wait for the 09 yfz. they are already sick but there going to be sicker. ;)

New yfz will be good. but i went from a yfz to a kfx. and must say it was the best decisions ive ever made.

miles Machine
02-16-2008, 01:22 PM
well like i said its eather the KFX or an 09 honda 450R if they change it alot and id have to say that honda makes the best machines overall but i already have a 450r and i want somthing diff.

xxsyn1kalxx
02-19-2008, 01:43 PM
Definitely go with the kfx, it's the best machine all around I've ever rode. I never liked Honda and probably never will. Yamaha would be another good choice. I've rode a few ltr's, but never owned one. It's definitely the kfx as the first choice, and then the yfz in second. and nothing else compares to those two imo.

miles Machine
02-19-2008, 04:50 PM
IDK if i can trust some one who says yamaha's are good. LOL

troylee500se
02-19-2008, 08:05 PM
i have a kfx it a piece of crape.dot buy it.Go for a KTM

450raider
02-19-2008, 09:47 PM
now im gonna add what ive been wanting to say for a long time regardless of other posts, to each his own, and i actually meant to put this in an earlier post but simply forgot, no kawi may not be the first to come out with their technologies, but they may be the first to get it right, now as some have read the project kfx story in the home page it says in the first paragraph said "the kawis earned resepct among average riders and racers" or something like that, and kawi has been around for a long long time and theres a reason for it, think about it.

spincr4hire
02-20-2008, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by troylee500se
if you want a tweaked frame, yup buy a KTM

xxsyn1kalxx
02-24-2008, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by miles Machine
IDK if i can trust some one who says yamaha's are good. LOL \

That's very funny.....

chipworkz
02-24-2008, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by troylee500se

Everyone has their own opinion but it would be nice if you gave a more informative statement instead of the equivalent to " mines better than yours".
Why do you think it is a piece of crap? I have had mine for almost a year now and love it. Many others on this forum also love theirs. Do you actually own one or are you just putting down something you have no experience with.

I don't have a problem with someone putting down a KFX if they also state good reasons why they are putting it down. EVERY manufacture has problems and defects so a person that gets to experience one will understandably be upset.

With every manufacture making their product to their own specifications, people will find the best fit for them, and like that brand the best. That is why we have more than one choice. That is also why I own three different brands of quads. The KFX was the best for me, Honda TRX's are the best fit for my wife and daughter and one of the china knockoffs is the best for my four year old son.

Back to the main point of this thread. Overall I think the KFX is a great quad. The seat and suspension are pretty hard but that is an easy fix. I have pretty much dialed in my suspension by softening up the clickers and tightened up the springs by two turns. The front to back balance of the suspension is AWSOME! The seat is hard but I haven't done anything about that yet. It does let you move around on it easily since you are not sinking down into it like a couch. Gearing is low for the kind of riding I do so I went to a 15 up front which helped but after I do some power mods I will go down two a 36 in the rear also.

I can't compare the KFX to another brand 450 because I have around 22 years of experience riding and racing dirt bikes. I decided it was time for something different and after doing my research, I chose the KFX 450. The only thing I regret is the fact that they are about 1,000 cheaper now than when I bought mine.:ermm:

troylee500se
02-25-2008, 08:31 AM
ok here i go (sorry for my english im from canada quebec french speakin)

My KFX450 is alwas broken -electrique probleme 5x
-my exause blow up 2x
-radiator fan meltin 2x
-wont star beacause of batterie dead reasult changing baterie1x
-vibration in handel bar
-hard seat i change it for a quadtech300$
-leaking oil fron motor
-back light broken do to vibration 3x
-suspension medium

maybe im not lucky or idio but this is not my first quad and i never have probleme like this.

xxsyn1kalxx
02-25-2008, 09:50 AM
Sounds like you've had a heck of a lot of bad luck mate, I haven't heard of anyone having even remotely close to those problems. Hopefully you aren't being extremely hard on it either, because there is a difference between dicking around on something and not caring, and taking care of your quad. I'm not* accusing or saying your wrong, just throwing that idea out there.

troylee500se
02-25-2008, 10:11 AM
if only i could say i ride very hard i woud understand but i take care of my kfx.Im sad beacause the kfx is fun to ride but today i will probely change it for the ltr 2008 hope it is not a mistake.I have a sweet deale at my local dealer

Roper76
02-25-2008, 02:22 PM
The only reason that I said that they were JUNK is because I bought one, and the were supossed to be the best thing out there, and after sticking over THREE GRAND ( thats with sponcer discount) my ALL STOCK LTR, felt faster, was faster, was more comfortabe, MORE RELIBABLE by far. Probablay the best looking yard ornement Ive ever had. JUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xxsyn1kalxx
02-25-2008, 02:35 PM
Just because you have your opinions does not mean the KFX is junk, they all have their faults, and their strongsuits. I would agree at first it seemed rocky, but that is to be expected with releasing something completely new onto the market. I must've got lucky, because mine was a first edition release and I have had absolutely zero problems out of it. I have one request, could some of you please try to talk civilized like the rest of us, you'll be given much more respect in considering what you have to say. Yard ornament? Puhlease, my yard ornament would beat yours anyday. ;)
I'm sorry to hear that troy, I wish you the best of luck with the LTR, or whatever you decide to do.

mod440ex
02-25-2008, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Roper76
The only reason that I said that they were JUNK is because I bought one, and the were supossed to be the best thing out there, and after sticking over THREE GRAND ( thats with sponcer discount) my ALL STOCK LTR, felt faster, was faster, was more comfortabe, MORE RELIBABLE by far. Probablay the best looking yard ornement Ive ever had. JUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sounds to me like you dont know where to spend your money wenus.:D

Roper76
02-25-2008, 04:23 PM
Has any one seen one of these win in a district A race, Pro Am, or a Pro race?

You could probable beat mine, if you cant read its junk.

Most of my money was spent on a long travel set up the rest was Power Commander, and pipe.

450raider
02-25-2008, 04:29 PM
ha ha :D anyway your gonna have people bash the kfx thats never had one (although i believe everyone up to this point has) simply cause its a kawasaki and their still stuck in yesterday thinkin kawis are just green zukes that ride suzukis coat tail, which i at one time have said id never have a kawi because of that but as i said earlier the kfx dosent need any endorsments, it earns if not takes respect when worked with corrrectly. come to think of it, there was another certain winged machine that everyone bashed when it first came out that i was with from the beginning (see sig) and that bandwagon filled quickly when pros won on it, it happened once and itll happen again.

xxsyn1kalxx
02-25-2008, 08:24 PM
I didn't mean your Kawi, I meant that about your old LTR, or whatever else you throw at me :p