PDA

View Full Version : Help......

mymastifftucker
02-10-2008, 07:51 AM
OK, I was riding this weekend and found what I thought was a little muddy area........when I went through it I found out it was about 3 feet deep!! I jumped off and pushed, while holding it wide open. It slowly lost power until it stalled, which was when it was just about out. The air box had some water in it, but not over the filter. So, I pulled it back to the truck and washed out the air filter. It didnt want to start back up but did after a quick tow. It ended up running the rest of the day but seems to be noisier than normal. Its hard to tell because the carb makes so much noise on these. I didnt notice any lack of power and its not smoking but seems loud. Do you think I hurt anything?

bloodmoney23
02-10-2008, 11:48 AM
no it should be fine man. i lost mine in ocean for about 15 minutes a while back and let filter dry and started right up and still good. alot of times when you think you damage something you really dont but your mind will play tricks on you and tell you its louder. I would say the only thing you should do just in case, change your oil and filter.