PDA

View Full Version : real truth about axles

boosted3g
02-10-2008, 06:39 AM
I plan on ordering a arms on monday so im going to need an axle. After a little reading everyone claims to have the strongest axle. Prices ranged from 190 for a gforce to 460 for a dominator 2. So my question is has anyone bent an axle and what does it take to do it. I woods ride and have a private moto track about 20 minutes from me but i dont air it out big time. My stock axle is straight as new and ive had a few ugle landings. Im debating since im already throwing out over 500 for new arms that maybe i could save a few bucks on the axle and get a used or a less expensive new one since im not a big jumper, 6-7 feet up in the air is plenty for me. I see the gforce does not list much about it other than its wider and it looks good in apperance. I found an original RPM dominator new for 300, how does this compare to the dominator 2? So you guys think the gforce is good enough or spend the extra 100 for the rpm dominator. I need to order monday so i can get it for the weekend. If you guys got any nice used stuff i will also consider that.

440challenger
02-10-2008, 06:44 AM
The g force is great. Doubt it would outlast a stock axle though. they are strong as heck. I've had my g force for about 2 months. Doesnt look new after the 3rd or 4th ride, not that that matters. it fit excellent. I dont think you will have any problems and if it does bend its warrantied for life!

Pappy
02-10-2008, 06:56 AM
G Force cant be beat for the price, but like most things you will hear good and bad about them. LSR IMO offers the best outright value for the average rider/racer and their customer service is top notch. RPM is the highest price and has a loyal following with most that can afford them:p

08400EX
02-10-2008, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
RPM is the highest price and has a loyal following with most that can afford them:p

FYI, RPM must be feeling the economic crunch lol.

From their website for the 400ex Dom II.. +1 thru +4

Reg. Price: $610

SPECIAL PRICE:

$369.00

boosted3g
02-10-2008, 08:51 AM
yeah the regular dominators ive been finding for about 300 sometimes with free shipping also. Im going to find my best prices and give c&d a call monday morning.

08400EX- was it you that had a durablue axle you were debating selling. I thought it was you i sent a pm but my deal on a arms fell through about 2 weeks ago. Assuming it was you do you still have it and want to sell it?

08400EX
02-10-2008, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by boosted3g

08400EX- was it you that had a durablue axle you were debating selling. I thought it was you i sent a pm but my deal on a arms fell through about 2 weeks ago. Assuming it was you do you still have it and want to sell it?

Yes it was me, the axle is long gone, sorry.

drew416ex
02-10-2008, 10:01 AM
The RPM is the strongest there is, I would say LSR is in second. I would get either of these two.

Phillburt57
02-10-2008, 03:54 PM
I'd go with the G Force for all out value and performance. I have ridden on mine pretty hard and have yet to bend it. It still looks new without any fading.

trx400EXtreme
02-10-2008, 07:30 PM
what about TEAM industries firestick axles? they any good???

hornetgod13
02-10-2008, 10:10 PM
I got my DuraBlue Eliminator 2+2 axle from www.rockymountainatv.com for $335.00 with free shipping.

quad9
02-11-2008, 09:01 AM
i have used them all. i have many friends with g-force axles and have had them for a couple years with no problems. PAPPY is right for the$$ you cant go wrong.

as far as a used axle, if you get a good deal then sure go for it.
i just bought a used durablue for my 400ex for $82 from e-bay.

Kennethyfz450
02-11-2008, 09:31 AM
Anyone looking for a new axle Dominator II is hard to beat. They do not cost 610.00 anymore. They are in the ball park with Laeger and LSR. To each his own I suppose. ;)

boosted3g
02-11-2008, 10:42 AM
well i ordered everything this morning. Ive been looking at a arms too if you frequent the boards often you probably saw some of my posts on them but anyways i ordered. I wasnt looking to get all this but i coulnt beat the prices so i figured what the heck. I was guaranteed that everything be here by the weekend so we will see if they can meet the deadline. Im going to use my resprung 450r front shocks and stock 400 rear with this so we will see how it works out.

+2 houser standard arms
houser brake lines and clamps
RPM extended axle
RPM millenium bearing carrier