PDA

View Full Version : Single carb jetting help!

bad_shee05
02-10-2008, 01:11 AM
hey all. I know how to jet my quad for the most part with the idle and main jet and everything but I dont want to go out and buy 30 jets to try so i was wondering if someone had mods about like mine and could tell me where to start at so i only have to buy a couple jets? And im not sure where the clip should be on my needle? I would really appreciate any help at all! thanks. these are my mods,

Toomy t-6's
v-vorce 3 reeds
trinity stage 3 intake with 2:1 33mmcarb
Air box lid mod with filtered air holes on top
K&N filter with outerwear
It had a mild trail port and polish
has pro-design b-cool head with 20cc domes
has timing plate advanced to 4 degrees
and i run 93 octan fuel with 32:1 Golden Spectro.

I live in Indiana and i believe its about 320-350ft above sea level

My plugs are fairly light brown right now so im pretty sure i need to go up a bit and i have a pretty big dead spot on bottum end, half to full is pretty peppy. quad has a 180 main jet in it right now and im not really sure about the pilot jet but i dont have any problems with idling or anything. I mean if you let it idle for an extended period of time then it will foun out one side but i heard thats the nature of the beast. Any tips would be great! thanks alot!

bad_shee05
02-10-2008, 01:11 AM
also it usually takes atleast 5 kicks to get it fired up so i think i need to bump up the main jet regardless but whats a good starting size? thanks

CSR400EX
02-17-2008, 11:45 PM
just a thought, but put your timing back to TDC. that might help with the low end. i would order a 182, 185, 190 and go from there. is it smoking any??

bad_shee05
02-18-2008, 05:41 AM
i put a 185 main and a 52 pilot in it and i think that was the trick. I had a 55 pilot in it and it just didnt want to run right at low rpms. so i threw the 52 in and it fired on the first kick. The 185 jet was a huge improvement on top end so i might bump it up to a 190 and see what happens. Its not really smoking any. Atleast not really strong anyway. And as for my timing, I had it set at 4 degrees advanced and i retarded it to 3 and didnt notice much. Will it increase my low end if i go to 0? i thought it was the other way around, the more advanced the more low end. thanks alot!

CSR400EX
02-18-2008, 03:03 PM
you can leave the timing at 4 degrees, im not sure which way its supposed to go to give it either way. but i would try a 190, that may help some more. but keep us informed