PDA

View Full Version : How to get started racing

Draven
02-10-2008, 12:08 AM
Just wondering if anyone could give me some information or getting started racing quads.

I got the quad with some mods but nothing that the average guy don't have and i have all weekends to race but can't really travel across the country to do so. I was wondering is there local races in the MD/PA/NJ area the surrounding states to Maryland really that have races?

I have been riding since a kid just looking to get into the competitive scene and give it a shot more or less to have fun as well.

So if anyone could give me a site or some info that would be great !

thanks

Pappy
02-10-2008, 12:27 AM
what type of racing are you looking for?

D7 and D13, D6 all offer racing near you, the Cernics series is growing in PA and surrounding states, XC is available but not much in maryland itself.

start by joining the ATVA www.atvaonline.com and keep an eye on the race links for MD. PA. DE VA and WV

also check out Dirtfirst near Baltimore. the owner is a race aholic and will assist you with anything he can with info on races. Be sure to check out www.breezewoodprovinggrounds.com for some killer riding and weekend fun in Breezewood PA.

Draven
02-10-2008, 01:41 AM
I ride a 450r and yea man my uncle owns some land up by breezewood, bedford county actually, and we built a half *** mini track and i enjoyed it and what not. plan to goto BPG soon as they open in march. I wanted to go last summer but did not make it.

As for the type of racing im not quite sure, having not done any of it but im interested in the jumps and track but something like trail or uh gncc would be cool to do here and there.

also thanks for the advice/info :]

Draven
02-10-2008, 10:13 PM
Just wonder what would i be in then? Ride a 450 and would i guess be a beginner to mx racing so what division would i be looking for?

Seano300ex
02-18-2008, 08:42 AM
if you are looking for xc racing i would go to the district 6 series, you can find info about the series at harescrambleracing.com. if you go to that site look for the d6 part and u can find the schedual and where races are at

gbcap
02-18-2008, 10:51 AM
i am also in maryland. not a huge mx guy. i race xc very competitivly. let me know if you ever want to go for a xc ride. i got some property at my house we can ride.

check out my article at www.atvexposed.com for more info on starting racing.

http://www.atvexposed.com/issues/editorials/gbcap/startracing1.html