PDA

View Full Version : Outlaw 525 vs KTM 525

mattg324
02-09-2008, 11:08 PM
Which one is faster, better handleing, and all that. I am gonna buy one of them. Give me your .02

GE4x4
02-10-2008, 06:37 AM
I would say they will be very close in all catorgories except price. I would give a very slight nod to the KTM for speed, but mostly due to it being 25lbs lighter. The handeling I would give the edge to the Outlaw. Front geometry is better and has less bump steer. Both stock suspension will need to be rebuilt for your size, but in stock form many say the KTM is a bit stiff and the Outlaw feels very good. The KTM is a very nice package no doubt, but you also need to look at dealer support and location (we only have 3 KTM dealers in NH) and they only have a 30 day warrenty. I just got my Outlaw 525s for $6600 OTD and I could of got the KTM for $8600 OTD. So for the $2000, I got the Podium X front shocks ($350), Rath A arms ($800), Rath rear XC hubs ($180) Rath anti-vibe stem kit ($165) Pro Armor tether ($25). That's $1520 to match what the KTM has, so it gives me another $480 for a pipe, nerfs and so on. Then I could sell my stock stuff to get more money, or save and put back to stock when I sell. Then I can take the mods for the next one. But either will make a sweet ride. I also believe ATV sport will have a shootout in there next issue with the KTM, Outlaw and Raptor BB shootour. This might answer some questions to.

mattg324
02-10-2008, 09:20 AM
wow that was perfect haha. thanks dude. seriously that was nice of you to do. thank you.

atvrider23054
02-11-2008, 05:49 AM
but you are still 25 pounds over weight and have polaris's crappy bushings bearing tie rod ends and all that time you wasted putting that **** on ur quad and you will still have less quality parts like the tie rods steering stem and other things and if u dont believe that take a look at them next to each other u can see the quality difference and u cant forget the shipping cost for all ur parts u orderd so that would put u even closer to that $2000 difference

OutlawBill
02-11-2008, 06:31 AM
half the fun of owning a quad for me is putting the **** on. It makes it my quad. If I was racing a stock quad class I would go with the KTM. better part than any stock quad out there.

GE4x4
02-11-2008, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by atvrider23054
but you are still 25 pounds over weight and have polaris's crappy bushings bearing tie rod ends and all that time you wasted putting that **** on ur quad and you will still have less quality parts like the tie rods steering stem and other things and if u dont believe that take a look at them next to each other u can see the quality difference and u cant forget the shipping cost for all ur parts u orderd so that would put u even closer to that $2000 difference

That's funny. The Outlaw has been out for a couple years and have not heard any complain about the tie rods steering stem and bushings. In fact, team Eichner is still using stock stems in the pro class. I've never seen a bent Outlaw tie rod or stem, so where are you getting this info?? Hearsay!! And I'm like Outlawbill, I like building my quad the way I want.

atvrider23054
02-11-2008, 04:24 PM
the tie rod ends get all warna nd **** quit and the bearings have blown on my polaris 10 faster than any other quad that i own also the steering tems wbble and **** and get so beat and u can see the diff in quality look at the size of the tie rods between the ktm and the out law i would get the outlaw only if i wheight 200+ rather than the ktm onlt because of its size

GE4x4
02-11-2008, 04:44 PM
What Polaris of yours wore out the bushing? It wasn't a Outlaw, so how can you compare? The tie rods on the Outlaw are huge and bigger then everyone out there. There ends are small compared to others, but that doesn't mean there junk. Lone Star has new tie rods for there extended a-arms for there race team. Guess what, they use the stock tie rod ends. Trust me, if LS racing has got there name on that front end, they will make sure they will hold. So if they trust the stock ends, I guess I will to.:macho

willb
02-11-2008, 05:20 PM
Buy what your happy with. If I had a KTM dealer within a 100 miles. I would look at one but?

Aftermarket support is the same on the engines since they are the same.

Don't worry about the things said by the trolls.

I haven't had anything wear out any faster than any other quad that I have worked on. No hearsay here. Bearings, Tierods, bushings all wear with time and usage. The upper stem of most polaris quads is greasable. If maintained will last its useful life.

bossman525
02-11-2008, 06:17 PM
the tie rod ends get all warna nd **** quit and the bearings have blown on my polaris 10 faster than any other quad that i own also the steering tems wbble and **** and get so beat and u can see the diff in quality look at the size of the tie rods between the ktm and the out law i would get the outlaw only if i wheight 200+ rather than the ktm onlt because of its size
you made your point, now move on

#17TBoneRacing
02-14-2008, 12:28 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by GE4x4
[B]I would say they will be very close in all catorgories except price. I would give a very slight nod to the KTM for speed, but mostly due to it being 25lbs lighter. The handeling I would give the edge to the Outlaw. Front geometry is better and has less bump steer. Both stock suspension will need to be rebuilt for your size, but in stock form many say the KTM is a bit stiff and the Outlaw feels very good. The KTM is a very nice package no doubt, but you also need to look at dealer support and location (we only have 3 KTM dealers in NH) and they only have a 30 day warrenty. I just got my Outlaw 525s for $6600 OTD and I could of got the KTM for $8600 OTD. So for the $2000, I got the Podium X front shocks ($350),

Where did you find the Podiom X for 350.00? I want a set for the front as well. What was included for that price and did they have the ext fluid res?

GE4x4
02-14-2008, 04:47 PM
Get the 05 pred TLD shocks. They retail for $218 each with no springs. With my dealer discount, I got both for $350 with no springs. Had GT Thunder rebuild and they put on new springs.

Bradracer18
02-14-2008, 05:04 PM
Just thought I would comment on the front end wearing out. It can't be much different from my predator, which is an 03, and I still have yet to replace those items on it. The rod ends are probably getting close, but the steering is still tight.

atvrider23054
02-14-2008, 09:00 PM
then u must ride tlike a ***** because they are the worst i have ever had on a quad

Bradracer18
02-14-2008, 10:28 PM
ha....I think I can ride just fine....probably in circles around you. Been riding since I was about 4 yrs old. I take care of my stuff, I'm very particular and I also don't get much time to ride now that I'm in college.

Sometime though, if I can't out ride ya....I'd be more than happy to give you english lessons, looks like your writing skills are fairly poor.

atvrider23054
02-15-2008, 06:16 AM
haha, now your just being full of yourself. How can you know how good/bad I am at riding..?:confused: All im saying is that I've had a predator and just about all the bearings tie rods... were shot after a year and my good friend has an outlaw 500 and the samething happened to it. Maybe its because we ride every day and dont take it too easy like some cream puffs on this site. And oh yea anothier kid I know has an outlaw 525 and its always at my house being fixed with the regular, bearings tie rods ect. So just about everyone I know who has a Polaris, their quads turned to ****. I mean on my friends outlaw 500 the plastics rubbed too muching into the radiator and rubbed a whole in it. Now what kind of $hit it that hahah. Ive never seen that before.:confused:

#17TBoneRacing
02-15-2008, 06:33 AM
I was a GM at a Polaris dealer for many years and can honestly say that I did not consistently see any of the issues you are referring to. There are always exceptions to every rule as we all know. I have owned just about every ATV Polaris Industries has ever produced and have put them through their paces with no significant issues. I currently own an Outlaw 525IRS and can say it is the toughest, best riding, predictable handling, and fastest stock machine I have ridden.

My brother also owns a 500 Outlaw and managed to have the rear end catch up to the front after catching a rut with the back end at a high rate of speed. The quad went end over end about 6 times at well over 60 mph! The only damage was to the rear left fender (plastics only). My Bro managed to break his wrist and several ribs though along with his helmet and some pride too I suppose. There were no bent tie rods, bars or stem. This is a heavier bike than most so you might expect some more damage than that.

I had a 400 Sportsman come clear out of the back a truck at highway speeds with only cosmetic damage. They are built tough. I guess that is why the US military has used Polaris ATV's for well over 10 years now.

atvrider23054
02-15-2008, 06:42 AM
you mihgt be telling the truth and you might not be, but I cant believe anything you just said nor will I believe anything you say in the future just becuse of that remark. Im just stcking to my past experieces with 3 different people and 3 different quads and the same thing ahppened over and over again.

#17TBoneRacing
02-15-2008, 06:52 AM
Believe what makes you feel best about yourself. After all that is what really matters. All information in my posting is factual. My intent was not to suggest that Polaris ATV's are manufactured without flaw and are invincible. I have seen my share of mechanical issues with them just as I have seen flaws in machines built by other brands. I am only stating the facts from my years of experience with the product which goes beyond the 3 machines you are referring to. Have a nice life!

eerhard09
02-15-2008, 08:10 AM
you mihgt be telling the truth and you might not be, but I cant believe anything you just said nor will I believe anything you say in the future just becuse of that remark. Im just stcking to my past experieces with 3 different people and 3 different quads and the same thing ahppened over and over again.

I don't believe you! A lot of the negative stuff you hear people say is about a friend of a friend who said "bla bla bla" happened to their quad! You are a poor source of information and obviously hate polaris with no evidence to back your claims. If you dislike them, go away, go back to your Yamaha thread and continue to give each other reach arounds....

Bradracer18
02-15-2008, 08:16 AM
haha, So because I can't ride every day or even every month now, I'm a cream puff. Lol. Wait until I get this engineering degree bud....I'll have plenty of cash and time to ride.

Oh, and I was thinking....even if they DO have these problems, that has to be better than digging in your YFZ's engine every 10 hours for valves and bearings, right?:)

OutlawBill
02-15-2008, 08:17 AM
What is a bearings tie rods?

gimp419
02-15-2008, 08:47 AM
Not to stir the stink in here.......but I managed to blow out the front hub bearing on a test unit the other day. This was a fairly low hour bike too. Might have just been my blazing speed though lol!:devil:

browng31
02-15-2008, 09:52 AM
GE 4x4 do you have pics posted of your Outlaw?

atvrider23054
02-15-2008, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Bradracer18
haha, So because I can't ride every day or even every month now, I'm a cream puff. Lol. Wait until I get this engineering degree bud....I'll have plenty of cash and time to ride.

Oh, and I was thinking....even if they DO have these problems, that has to be better than digging in your YFZ's engine every 10 hours for valves and bearings, right?:)

Thata the price you have to pay for having a racing high performance engine. You have to do that with every 450 out there its not jus tthe yfz. And quit bashing my quad when you have your own to worry about. Im talking about Polaris' in general not yourse. I have never seen youse so am not even gonna bring it in to this topic. Now, lets stay on topic.

eerhard09
02-15-2008, 10:44 AM
Awe, he doesn't like HIS quad to be bashed! At least he came to a Polaris thread to bash the Polaris quads!

I would put the KTM motor up against the YFZ motor any day of the week! KTM has the history of being the best high performance motors for a reason!

Now, I believe you have things to tend to in the Yamaha forums so be gone!

LT250_JOE
02-15-2008, 10:53 AM
[ You are a poor source of information and obviously hate polaris with no evidence to back your claims. If you dislike them, go away, go back to your Yamaha thread and continue to give each other reach arounds.... [/B][/QUOTE]

That there is some funny ***** !!!!:D

GE4x4
02-15-2008, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by browng31
GE 4x4 do you have pics posted of your Outlaw?

It's all apart now as I'm modding it, but this is the pic when I 1st got it.

http://inlinethumb45.webshots.com/37932/2665902960065861424S600x600Q85.jpg

eerhard09
02-15-2008, 01:25 PM
Nice, I really like the all white plastics!

bossman525
02-15-2008, 04:05 PM
Thata the price you have to pay for having a racing high performance engine. You have to do that with every 450 out there its not jus tthe yfz. And quit bashing my quad when you have your own to worry about. Im talking about Polaris' in general not yourse. I have never seen youse so am not even gonna bring it in to this topic. Now, lets stay on topic.
QUIT BASHING MY QUAD???? what have you been doing on this whole thread? you have been bashing other peoples quads and polaris brands. you know, i really dislike people like you. you get on a thread and start being a *** just like a certain raptor owner that we all know hear. so i will tell you what i told him, if your that jealous of the outlaws, go out and buy one. what, and yfz's dont have problems? i know the awnser to that. YOUR yfz has know problems, right? now make yourself useful, and go clean your room little boy

atvrider23054
02-15-2008, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by bossman525
QUIT BASHING MY QUAD???? what have you been doing on this whole thread? you have been bashing other peoples quads and polaris brands. you know, i really dislike people like you. you get on a thread and start being a *** just like a certain raptor owner that we all know hear. so i will tell you what i told him, if your that jealous of the outlaws, go out and buy one. what, and yfz's dont have problems? i know the awnser to that. YOUR yfz has know problems, right? now make yourself useful, and go clean your room little boy

Its NO problems not know. WE have spell check for a reason dip$hit. Poolaris' are pieces of $**** and everything goes wrong with them. Theres no point in arguing(sp?) since I'm in a polaris section. Go F**k yourself. Exriders is going downhill with all these ***gots that have signed up, but w/e Im out and not comming back to this $hithole. Peace.

eerhard09
02-15-2008, 05:19 PM
Wow, I am deeply saddened!:rolleyes:

#17TBoneRacing
02-15-2008, 06:53 PM
haha, now your just being full of yourself. How can you know how good/bad I am at riding..?:confused: All im saying is that I've had a predator and just about all the bearings tie rods... were shot after a year and my good friend has an outlaw 500 and the samething happened to it. Maybe its because we ride every day and dont take it too easy like some cream puffs on this site. And oh yea anothier kid I know has an outlaw 525 and its always at my house being fixed with the regular, bearings tie rods ect. So just about everyone I know who has a Polaris, their quads turned to ****. I mean on my friends outlaw 500 the plastics rubbed too muching into the radiator and rubbed a whole in it. Now what kind of $hit it that hahah. Ive never seen that before.:confused:

Before you bash someone for their grammar and spelling you should make sure your house is clean college boy or do I call you f**kface since that seems to be your lingo of choice. I have a better idea. Why don't you go play a game of hide and go f**k yourself and then head back to YAMADOG land.

quadfamily
02-15-2008, 07:24 PM
I'll tell you all what. If this crap doesn't end now I'm going to go through this whole thread and ban every member who bashed another member, called names, and/or bleeped out their curses with asterisks. I don't care who started it, who you are, how long you've been a member, or what your post count is. This is rediculous. And don't bother trying to go back and edit or delete your posts because this whole thread is now copied and saved in a non-public forum.

JOEX
02-15-2008, 07:30 PM
quadfamily, let me know when it's time to clean house :scary:

OzLinc
02-15-2008, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by quadfamily
I'll tell you all what. If this crap doesn't end now I'm going to go through this whole thread and ban every member who bashed another member, called names, and/or bleeped out their curses with asterisks. I don't care who started it, who you are, how long you've been a member, or what your post count is. This is rediculous. And don't bother trying to go back and edit or delete your posts because this whole thread is now copied and saved in a non-public forum.

With all due respect.....I/We are compleately sick of people like this.....it is constant.....it sux.....you want to do something about it, fine do it, I and many other members welcome it.

ohhh....if you are wondering why everyone resorts to bashing its because the mods (you) never seem to do anything about it.

Linc

rgasper33
02-15-2008, 09:10 PM
People just have to focus on the negatives of everyone elses rides to make thiers look better. Here it is. I bought what I like, you buy what you like. come to this forum and only state something useful, not to start stuff and bash everything but what you ride. You wanna start arguments dont do it here. This is supposed to be useful and is here to help people out who are here for the right reasons. GROW UP!!!!

JOEX
02-15-2008, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by OzLinc
With all due respect.....I/We are compleately sick of people like this.....it is constant.....it sux.....you want to do something about it, fine do it, I and many other members welcome it.

ohhh....if you are wondering why everyone resorts to bashing its because the mods (you) never seem to do anything about it.

Linc
If the problem is so constant why don't we get constant reports? When we do each one is handled as we see fit and it may not meet your expectations. Things would be alot better if more people would take the high road rather than stooping to the level of the trash talkers.

mattg324
02-16-2008, 01:30 AM
where did this thread go!!! haha

xrdrsux
02-16-2008, 06:25 AM
gonna go to the locked archives if you ask joex a direct question and back him in the corner to HONESTLY answer it.

I believe i had an issue with another mod a few months ago with pretty much the same thing. Ask them a direct question and want an answer and they chicken crap out.
probably wont even look ppl in the eye while confronting them about something..
I even sent all the rude and uncalled for pms that i was getting from the other one to the admin or to the contact person for the site and nothing was done about it.
All rude buttholes stick together. If you are wrong you are wrong no matter what postition you hold on a forum.
Not saying anything negative about joex other than he dodged my direct question and locked the thread and all he said is "another troll" wtf. ok.

anywho. I think you will be satisfied with either of the quads that you get.. Is there any particutlar reason that you are wanting the 2 mentioned.

#17TBoneRacing
02-16-2008, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by rgasper33
People just have to focus on the negatives of everyone elses rides to make thiers look better. Here it is. I bought what I like, you buy what you like. come to this forum and only state something useful, not to start stuff and bash everything but what you ride. You wanna start arguments dont do it here. This is supposed to be useful and is here to help people out who are here for the right reasons. GROW UP!!!!

Right on! Every product has it's ups and downs, but I can't remember the last time I ever went into a subject to bash another product. No point in that at all. Making a reply to this type of negative bashing is kind of like a stranger punching your best friend at the bar. It's tough to just ignore.