PDA

View Full Version : Mud Plugs

national425ex
02-09-2008, 09:55 PM
I have been searching for a while for a mud plug that will fit my Douglas Shamrocks. While searching through old threads I came across some ideas. Would the Hiper mud plugs work on the douglas wheels? They look like the would fit pretty nice. Also someone mentioned going to a plumbing store and getting pipe caps? Said that is what everyone was using at one point. Anyone have any other information on these two ideas?

Edit- I put this here to get a better/faster response.

JJs450r
02-09-2008, 10:07 PM
i got a set off ebay what size rim you lookin to plug?

national425ex
02-09-2008, 10:13 PM
9inch Douglas Shamrock. I have looked on ebay, but apparently the ebay plugs will not work with the shamrocks. I have already contacted the sellers.

prepracing
02-10-2008, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by JJs450r
i got a set off ebay what size rim you lookin to plug?

I have got a couple sets off ebay that fit my 9" douglas. I don't remeber the sellers name but I see them on there from time to time (but not all the time). They were only like $8 a pair. Only bad thing is sometimes when you get in deep ruts you can spin them out and lose them :( I'm sure if you can get some thin plexiglass /lexan you could make a set pretty easily that resemble the hiper covers

d kelley
02-12-2008, 03:59 PM
call triumph motosports at 1-866-207-1447, they have the plugs for the regular douglas for sure at 12.00 a set. not sure about douglas shamrock wheels.

DEVINF450R
02-12-2008, 04:37 PM
Hipers plugs wond work b/c they use special screw tabs to attach to the rim and it would be near impossible to use them in douglas without cutting the ring out for the tab. also, what is the difference in the rings around a shamrock or ultimate... the rings size and shape look the same to me. it's just the center that is different.

national425ex
02-13-2008, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by DEVINF450R
Hipers plugs wond work b/c they use special screw tabs to attach to the rim and it would be near impossible to use them in douglas without cutting the ring out for the tab. also, what is the difference in the rings around a shamrock or ultimate... the rings size and shape look the same to me. it's just the center that is different.

thats what I thought, but the guy on ebay said that the shamrock has a different design?:confused: