PDA

View Full Version : US 90 build up

woodsracer144
02-09-2008, 09:22 PM
ok i got a us 90 and im planing on fixin it all up. the guy i got it from had a good time cuttin wires and theres about 20more feet of wire there than what a person would need,
any whay, its a 1969? atc us90, it got a carb re build kit for me to get to start before i went hard core in to it, i'll take pic's tomorrow, and show what im workin with,

i need some help, can you soder( sp what you do when you put copper pipe together for water and stuff) a fuel tank?? how do you get rust or of a tank? i have 3 tanks and i only need 2 ( i have 2 ones running ones parts for now but will be runnings soon)

if any one knows where i can get some tires im gonna need 2 fore the rear on my other one.

tomorrow im tearin the whole thing down and im gonna sand the frame down and prime and paint it mabie if i get it that far.

any one with ideas just post them. oor any help

Blue250X
02-10-2008, 03:25 PM
Very cool build, but parts are hard to find. The tires will be extremely hard because if I remember they are the ones with no rim really, kinda of like one big unit.

woodsracer144
02-10-2008, 04:23 PM
kinda like 259 for 2 that are in crapy cond. its crazy and 146 for a recoil.

one is gonna be pimped out with aftermarkets and the one im workin on now is gonna be all factory.

any one know how to tell the year of the chassie?

Blue250X
02-10-2008, 05:40 PM
Should say it right on the frame. Does it have actual rims, or is it the uni-tire kind of thing I was talking about. I forget the technical term.

woodsracer144
02-10-2008, 06:34 PM
it doesnt have the tires that you can take off a rim with a bear, theres 3 bolts on a hub and to get them off you have to take the hub off. i'll get some pic's soon,

woodsracer144
02-11-2008, 02:20 PM
ok, being i have 2 chassies im gonna start another post with a modded one but im tryin to find a good honda bike motor like a cr 65 or a 80 at max and make a flat tracker, for ice or something, or just keep it as a pit quad, but im starting to tear down the other one i'll post some picks soon, any one know how to take the hubs off becasue i dont have enough rood to hit it with a hammer. and its on there i put some WD-40 in there and i still cant get it and the rear brake is froze in the one im gonna mod out.
i'll have picks soon

SRH
02-11-2008, 06:08 PM
thats almost criminal sell that on ebay and buy a atc 110 or 125 for a couple hundred bucks, running and driving

woodsracer144
02-11-2008, 06:14 PM
once i get done with the whole project it will go on the bay i think, im only 16 and i could use a truck but they are just sittin in the shed now. so im gonna make one super nice one.

Honda_Matt
02-11-2008, 06:24 PM
as far as getting the rust out of the tank, it depends how bad it is.

They make a fuel tank stripper and sealer that you can more than likely pick up at a local dealer, or what ive seen done in the past is put ice cubes in the tank, shake the heck out of it and that helps knock rush and crap loose in there, then drain the melted ice out of the petcock or dump out the filler cap.

Repeat as neccesary.

US90's are pretty cool, no suspension just balloon tires. haha

Honda_Matt
02-11-2008, 06:26 PM
also, try joining 3 wheeler world forum or 3wheeler.org forum for some great information and parts.

woodsracer144
02-11-2008, 06:29 PM
i've tried 100's of times lookin on there and it dont work! its drivein me crazy and right now i cant get my hubs off to get the axle out to take it all the way to the bare frame! its buggin me any one that can help me i would really like it,
i took the bolts out that hold on the hubs and the tire spins free but the hub wont come off...

woodsracer144
02-23-2008, 07:58 AM
alright boys and girls i need some help, i cant get the hubs off the rear axle and i've already smacked my slef in the leg with the hammer and it gave me a huge hump on my shin and it hurts like a mother! so im turnin to the folks that have done this before any help you guys or girls could tell me on these i could use, i have the tank and forks all pained and ready but i have to put the white in the little design that is there but i'll take some pic's today of where im at right now,
thanks!

nickmelll
02-23-2008, 08:08 AM
you could try heating it... im not realy sure wat it looks like that you are trying to get off..... does it look like a reg hub on a quad??

nickmelll
02-23-2008, 08:13 AM
might help http://atc90.tripod.com/hondaatc90/id2.html for parts

woodsracer144
02-24-2008, 04:30 PM
yeah its kinda like a wuads hub but theres only 3 bolts and its a b!tch to get them on and off and there about a 4 in gap frpm the inside of the tire wall to the frame of the 3-wheeler, so its a tight fit and i havent see the back side i really need to get these hubs off, thanks on that site also im gonna see if i could get some good tires off there.
thanks again to any one that can help me i really need it right now so i can get them done, its starting to melt all the snow so then i can ride them

nickmelll
02-24-2008, 04:54 PM
is there any way you can put a long bar between the frame and the tire and try to pry it off

woodsracer144
02-24-2008, 07:03 PM
i tride puttin a bottle jack in there and it wouldnt fit, i had a shoter breaker bar and it didnt do anything then a longer one and i smacked me knee it did nothing, but i want to keep both axles the one night i almost cut the end of the axle off because then i can get the axle out of the housing

nickmelll
03-01-2008, 12:28 PM
did you ever get them off?? if not i would try heating it

woodsracer144
03-02-2008, 08:59 AM
well i have a parts on and a good one and i was tearlin apart the parts one so if i messed something up it wasnt that big of a deal. and the other day i went over to the good one and i took the castle nut off and the tire came right off and tried the other side and it came right off so not hte good one is all tore down and i have the frame primed. and the forkes are all painted, the take is all painted the main color and the only hting lift on the take is the white design on it.

im goin up there again today and im gonna try to rember to take some pic's.