PDA

View Full Version : dirt bike paddle tires

livetoride
02-09-2008, 09:02 PM
a friend of mine has a 2007 KTM450 that he is wanting to get a paddle tire for, but he doesn't know which one would be the best bang for his buck. so he asked me to make this post for him since he doesn't have internet access. any help would be appreciated because he doesn't want to buy something that is a piece of junk that doesn't hook up good and wears out fast.

cbrooks118
02-12-2008, 08:42 AM
I would reccomend a 10 paddle "sand snake". I would also recommend using one or two size larger main jet to richen it up. NOt because of the elevation changes, but due to the extreme load your bike will be under riding at WOT all the time

red_rider38
02-12-2008, 03:50 PM
I have a yz426f I run a cheng chin something 8-cup paddle. Works really good. I would recommend the Skat Trak Intimidator or the King Turbo paddles. Both of them have fins to help when turning. My paddle doesn't like extreme turning. It looses grip and washes out. My next tire will be the Skat Trak. The 8-cup works for me, but maybe the 10-cup would work better. Either way I think he can't go wrong.
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e302/red_rider_elsinore/ska_int_rea.jpg

livetoride
02-12-2008, 06:10 PM
thanks for the replies, also he would like to know what # of paddles would be better 8 or 10 cup for riding in loose soft sand at LS, OK

livetoride
02-12-2008, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by cbrooks118
I would reccomend a 10 paddle "sand snake". I would also recommend using one or two size larger main jet to richen it up. NOt because of the elevation changes, but due to the extreme load your bike will be under riding at WOT all the time

could you explaine in a little more detail as to why it would be a good idea to rejet? is it just because it was too lean from the factory?:confused:

cbrooks118
02-15-2008, 07:33 AM
No i am not saying it is too lean from the factory. Richening up your main will help because you will be wide open throttle the hole time at the dunes. Go a bigger main to avoid overheating.

cobradaler
02-18-2008, 04:29 PM
the skat trak is a great tire, i have one on my 450 it works great down at ls, ok. go to skat trak.com to get it u can get it for about $35.00, shipping is a little high though.