PDA

View Full Version : Banshee...any ideas?

RidinRed420
02-09-2008, 07:07 PM
I have a Banshee with brand new Vito's superstock pistons, 4mm stroker crank, pro design cool head with 22cm domes, vforce reeds, billet manifolds, rick stator fly wheel and stator and 33pwk's. Compression tested at 145psi in both cylinders. It starts and idles but runs like ****. It just bogs when I ride it. Any ideas?

02-09-2008, 08:16 PM
*check the staor
*timing
*bent reeds to
*air an fual mix

02-09-2008, 08:18 PM
stator

pods_BMOC
02-09-2008, 11:10 PM
Air-Fuel Mix is my best guess, or you have some crap in your carb, i would take the carb out, and clean the jets and inspect the float bowls, maybe thier damaged.

RidinRed420
02-10-2008, 07:04 AM
all the parts are brand new, unless the ones I got were bad to begin with they should be fine. I guess I just need to rejet and try it out until I get it right.

Thanks!

John451
02-10-2008, 08:32 AM
Try raising the carb's needle a few slots by lowering the clip. Or you might need to go to a bigger main jet. I had the same problem on my rm125. It was boggin so i raised the needle. Then the throttle was breakin up so i had to go smaller on the main jet. I went from a 330 to a 310 and it stopped breakin up. But then once I rebuilt the topend for some reason it didnt have much pickup in mid range rpm so i had to raise the needle and put the clip in the bottom slot. Now it runs great. But a quick test would be to run it without airbox lid. The v-force 3 takes ALOT of jetting because it takes less gas in because of how well it mixes the fuel and air. Good luck!

86 Quad R
02-11-2008, 01:02 PM
yup you should prob start by doing an across the board jetting/plug chopping. before doing so. make sure that the floats are set to spec and that they are shutting the fuel off as they should.

RidinRed420
02-17-2008, 09:15 AM
Tried jetting, didn't change anything, but I did get rid of the bog.. The pick up coil was too far from the fly wheel. Simple fix, but now the left cylinder is running lean and the right cylinder is running rich. Replaced plugs, nothing. I am going to leak down test it right now. I'm thinking it has to be the crank seals, can't think of anything else it could be. What do you think? Any other tests I should run?