PDA

View Full Version : my new ride

97blaster200
02-09-2008, 07:05 PM
well i went and got this rappy about a month ago. picked it up for 1500. the kid took the motor half way apart and lost interested so i picked it up. got it about a month ago or so. just getting around to posting about it and getting pics up. tell me what you guys think! by the way....we had the motor back together...and fired first crank! runs great! glad i picked it up!

this rappy has a dynatek ignition...it has curve 1, curve 2, curve 3, and stock. any idea what this does? i want to try and play around with it a lil bit and see what it does but im just wondering if anyone knows of any suggestions for it before i start messing with the programs.

anyway, let me know what you guys think! its mint!

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i43/bansheerider7/raptor1.jpg

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i43/bansheerider7/raptor2.jpg

Hondamaster5505
02-10-2008, 09:53 AM
What happened to that poor banshee in front?:(

Anyways, nice quad, especially for $1500.

97blaster200
02-10-2008, 11:31 AM
the banshee motor blew up so we took it down to just being a roller.

Hondamaster5505
02-10-2008, 12:14 PM
be easy with that tranny:ermm:

2001 is the year they were notorious for their trannies grenading.

Thats why A LOT of older raptors go cheap. So just be easy on 2nd gear.

bossman525
02-10-2008, 02:03 PM
i agree with the tranny issues. but other than that, you got a hell of a deal. i would have bought it in a heart beat. nice looking quad to.

97blaster200
02-10-2008, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by bossman525
i agree with the tranny issues. but other than that, you got a hell of a deal. i would have bought it in a heart beat. nice looking quad to.

thanks, but dont you guys think that 7 the tranny would have given out when it was new? 7 years ago....

Hondamaster5505
02-10-2008, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by 97blaster200
thanks, but dont you guys think that 7 the tranny would have given out when it was new? 7 years ago....

depends how hard it was ridden...

dirtbike&quad
02-10-2008, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Hondamaster5505
depends how hard it was ridden...

who gets a raptor and rides it gently?

Hondamaster5505
02-10-2008, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by dirtbike&quad
who gets a raptor and rides it gently?

you'll be surprised.

some people are afraid to ride them hard because of the scary front end that doesnt touch the ground and how top heavy they are.

I can ride one ALRIGHT, but i dont like them very much at all.

My dads buddy had one and sold it for a YFZ. He hated the 660

97blaster200
02-10-2008, 06:08 PM
scary front end? because it comes up when you hit the gas? yeah the front end is light but its very easy to keep it on the ground.....

and if they are so top heavy its very easy to fix. wheel spacers/ext. arms/axle. stay out of the post if you dont know what youre talking about.

Originally posted by Hondamaster5505
you'll be surprised.

some people are afraid to ride them hard because of the scary front end that doesnt touch the ground and how top heavy they are.

I can ride one ALRIGHT, but i dont like them very much at all.

My dads buddy had one and sold it for a YFZ. He hated the 660

Hondamaster5505
02-10-2008, 06:52 PM
scary front end? because it comes up when you hit the gas? yeah the front end is light but its very easy to keep it on the ground.....

and if they are so top heavy its very easy to fix. wheel spacers/ext. arms/axle. stay out of the post if you dont know what youre talking about.

I do know what im talking about. Most 660 owners will say the same things. Plus ive ridden them before.

By scary front end, im talking about when it'll pop up unexpetedly sometimes. Plus on hills it likes to stand up.

And a-arms/axle are expensive. Im talking about stock.

With a-arms/axle they are fine.

Im not bashing your quad, raptors are nice, it just takes a lil money to make them less tippy and such.

TheNewn
02-12-2008, 07:47 PM

I find it hard to believe you know what you are talking about.

For one, the man was talking about stock (which is how the original poster bought the Raptor) and he's absolutely right. They are tippy and have light front ends.

Of course you can fix it, but you're suggesting mods that are either (in my opinion) stupid (spacers) or very expensive (axle/arms/shocks).

If you have to dump hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars worth of upgrades into a quad to fix problems it has. Maybe you bought the wrong quad.

ANYWAY, as to the original poster. 1500 was a pretty good price for that Raptor. But as others have said, watch the tranny.

Why did the previous owner have the motor taken appart anyway?

97blaster200
02-13-2008, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by TheNewn
I find it hard to believe you know what you are talking about.

ANYWAY, as to the original poster. 1500 was a pretty good price for that Raptor. But as others have said, watch the tranny.

Why did the previous owner have the motor taken appart anyway?

i am the original poster.....

i do know what im talking about....

why does everyone keep repeating the same thing about the trannsmission? once was enough.

he took the top end apart to replace the timing chain. been apart for about a year because he lost interest.

bossman525
02-13-2008, 03:42 PM
i am the original poster.....

i do know what im talking about....

why does everyone keep repeating the same thing about the trannsmission? once was enough.

he took the top end apart to replace the timing chain. been apart for about a year because he lost interest.
dude dont worry about it. for the price you got a good quad. the tranny issues in the 01's were an issue but not every single one. so you may not have any issues. as far as what you got get the motor back together and enjoy it. i'm jealous of the deal you got. go out and enjoy it if you find it is tippy or the front end comes up than at least you know what can be done to remedy the problem, but i dont think you will be saying to yourself that you bought the wrong one.....have a good one

97blaster200
02-13-2008, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by bossman525
dude dont worry about it. for the price you got a good quad. the tranny issues in the 01's were an issue but not every single one. so you may not have any issues. as far as what you got get the motor back together and enjoy it. i'm jealous of the deal you got. go out and enjoy it if you find it is tippy or the front end comes up than at least you know what can be done to remedy the problem, but i dont think you will be saying to yourself that you bought the wrong one.....have a good one

thanks alot man! yeah i got a really good deal on it. the thing is absolutely mint. its all back together now. thats the kind of response i was hoping for.