PDA

View Full Version : wats wrong

honda4life72
02-09-2008, 05:40 PM
ok got a 05 450r and it feels like it has a flat tire all the time when it dont. i feels like it is in a bind or like the tires and offset front to the right and back to the left. i haven't hit anything ,crashed or fliped just rode around. i think i may have bent my stock pivot bolt but 'm not sure . any ideas?

bloodmoney23
02-09-2008, 06:57 PM
when riding look down and see if the rim is wobbling. You may have a bent rim or a shattered axle bearing or possibly a bent axle. if it is none of those and it is the pivot bolt im sorry man. if you bend the pivot bolt you are looking at tiwisted frame or swingarm. I hope for you its the rim. Thats how it felt on mine with bent rim, and it would always pull to the left with bent rim.

honda4life72
02-09-2008, 07:21 PM
it cant be a bent rim because i have hipers all the way around . also i just replaced the rear axle bearings. so i guess it has to be the pivot bolt? how could the frame be bent if i havent hit nution.

pro-rider46
02-09-2008, 10:37 PM
is the are the wheels torqued evenly, i always torque my wheels evenly and make sure the tire pressure is the same or else my wheelies are all over the place.

bloodmoney23
02-09-2008, 11:40 PM
well if the pivot bolt is bent and it goes through the frame and motor then something on frame would have to be tweaked.

honda4life72
02-10-2008, 06:34 AM
well i'll try to take the both out when we take my motor out to build it in about a month . but until then it will have to stay bent or w/e . i have checked all the tires and wheels and bolts so it has to be the pivot bolt. what company makes a good aftermarket one?

400exrider707
02-10-2008, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by bloodmoney23
well if the pivot bolt is bent and it goes through the frame and motor then something on frame would have to be tweaked.

Though logic would tell you that, it's not the case. This was a major problem on 400ex's and we're starting to see this on the 450R's now too. The pivot bolt often freezes up inside the spacers and wont allow it to be removed. They often bend as well. Mine on my 450 was bent when I went to rebuild it, and it had to be cut out with a torch. I now have a molycoated bolt in its place.

I would check your front end alignment. make sure you do it with you on the quad, so have a friend measure while you sit on it. I dont think the pivot bolt would have anything to do with what you're describing.

bloodmoney23
02-10-2008, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
Though logic would tell you that, it's not the case. This was a major problem on 400ex's and we're starting to see this on the 450R's now too. The pivot bolt often freezes up inside the spacers and wont allow it to be removed. They often bend as well. Mine on my 450 was bent when I went to rebuild it, and it had to be cut out with a torch. I now have a molycoated bolt in its place.

I would check your front end alignment. make sure you do it with you on the quad, so have a friend measure while you sit on it. I dont think the pivot bolt would have anything to do with what you're describing.

well toooo-shay....or however you spell it. But thats why im saying bent something else...cause if it feels like a flat tire then he means its pulling to one side or the other. That would have to be like you said 400 the camber and toe adjustments on the front, bent rims, bent axle, or bad axle bearings.....i just dont see it being the pivot bolt, it would cause limited swingarm movement along with other things. Anyway, with the pivot bolt, I am running an LSR pb and its working just fine.

400exrider707
02-11-2008, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by bloodmoney23
well toooo-shay....or however you spell it. But thats why im saying bent something else...cause if it feels like a flat tire then he means its pulling to one side or the other. That would have to be like you said 400 the camber and toe adjustments on the front, bent rims, bent axle, or bad axle bearings.....i just dont see it being the pivot bolt, it would cause limited swingarm movement along with other things. Anyway, with the pivot bolt, I am running an LSR pb and its working just fine.

Yes the stainless pivot bolts are worth their weight in gold.

honda4life72 - check your alignment and get back to us.

oh and it's "touche" with an accent over the e haha:p

honda4life72
02-11-2008, 06:38 AM
the alignment is fine . i just put on a new front end. i bent my old stock a arms so i brought new +2 ones and set it up . how do you check the alignment? we did it with a tape measure and a level. just wanted to check to see if there is other ways thow

400exrider707
02-11-2008, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by honda4life72
the alignment is fine . i just put on a new front end. i bent my old stock a arms so i brought new +2 ones and set it up . how do you check the alignment? we did it with a tape measure and a level. just wanted to check to see if there is other ways thow

What did you use the level for? Tape measure would work fine, are you doing it with you sitting on the quad?

desratt
02-12-2008, 07:01 PM
on beadlock tires it is very difficult to get the tire perfectly centered.... my guess is your tires are running out of round. put it on a stand or something and get them turning and you may bounce like crazy

honda4life72
02-12-2008, 07:22 PM
we used the level to adjust how far in we wanted the tops of the front tires to be , level straight up and down . i will check the roundness tommrow , hope thats it . also may i add i have +2 front arms with a stock width rear end right now. can this cause it?