PDA

View Full Version : Transmission Problems!!!

pods_BMOC
02-08-2008, 12:09 PM
Hey, i am in the process of re-builing my buddies 2003 blaster. The top end was re-built 1 year ago with new yamaha stock piston. I have the engine down to the cases with the clutch off and all the balanceing gears and drive gears off, so basically everything down so i can split the cases. I did this because the engine would shift 1st throught nuetral then 2nd, after anything higher than 2nd, the transmission would lock up, so i desided to take the shifter off and pull it though the cases and with this take the little spring and shifting lever-type thing off (the lever clicks into the shifting star to switch is into gear) well my friend and i played with the star manually, the engine shifted all the way through the gears fluently, so i put the shifting lever back on, fed the shifter through the cases and tried it again, the results were the same as last time. I have no idea what is going on, are the shirfting-forks bent? Star Bent? What is going on? PLEASE HELP:(

jfarcticman
02-10-2008, 12:23 AM
maybe ur shift lever linkage is bent and its not grabbing the star like it should?

pods_BMOC
02-10-2008, 12:21 PM
maybe, ill take a closer look, but the engine shifts just fine, it just seems the circular ball like pancake thing that rides on the shift star gets stuck on the ridge of one of the points of the star, i will look.

jfarcticman
02-10-2008, 07:05 PM
yea man i know what you mean by that i just tore my engine down cuz i had no 4th puit a new tranny in and messed with it and i tightedned that bolt to tight so it did that so then i backed it off a lil and it was good so shes got all 6 yrs agen so im happy and yea just check evrything before splitting the cases then if u do check all the forks for wear my one was eaten.....