PDA

View Full Version : Dyna FS programable ignition goog/bad?

4fiddytrx
02-07-2008, 09:45 PM
anyone have or heard of the dyna fs programable ignition? do they make a real dramatic change? or are they a waste of money?

d3ktrix
02-07-2008, 10:40 PM
Yeah there good, but only if you have a lot of engine mods to go along with it.
Waste of money for a stock motor IMO.

pro-rider46
02-07-2008, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by d3ktrix

i second that

ghott
02-08-2008, 09:40 AM
Probably shouldn't use OEM springs with the DYNA (if used on the curves with extended rev-limits).

They Dyna NON-Programmable has been shown to make around 1hp less than the stock CDI.

If you're going to get an aftermarket ignition, I would suggest the Dyno Programmable, or the Vortex ignition.

desratt
02-09-2008, 02:43 PM
the dyna proggramable comes stock with the same curve as the non programmable. the programable is so you can do serious stuff. I have purchased the programming kit ( computer software, cables).

I have used the vortex and dyna.
needless to say I sold the vortex.

also vortex comes with 10 curves , 2 of which you can change on a handle bar switch.

dyna comes with 4 curves. I mount the switches on the handlebar clamp.

bloodmoney23
02-09-2008, 04:32 PM
i have the dyna and have the software as well. it takes a little bit to figure out how to work and what you want....but in the end i think its worth it.

4fiddytrx
02-10-2008, 09:42 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by d3ktrix
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well I have stage 2 cam, lrd pipe and silencer, k&n filter and jets.

bloodmoney23
02-10-2008, 10:39 PM
what he meant was you wont see a major gain untill you are sittin on a 55-60hp plus motor. i have pretty much same as you and i can barely notice a gain. but im planning on having a 65hp motor soon which is why i bought it.

d3ktrix
02-10-2008, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by bloodmoney23
what he meant was you wont see a major gain untill you are sittin on a 55-60hp plus motor. i have pretty much same as you and i can barely notice a gain. but im planning on having a 65hp motor soon which is why i bought it.

Yup, add some head porting and a high comp piston and the ignition will make it shine.
Before that, theres other mods that can make a more significant difference.

With just an exhaust and cam I would guess your engine makes peak HP before even the stock rev limiter. No need for an even higher one.

chad502ex
02-11-2008, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by bloodmoney23

:macho

4fiddytrx
02-12-2008, 07:00 PM
Yup, add some head porting and a high comp piston and the ignition will make it shine.
Before that, theres other mods that can make a more significant difference.

like what?