PDA

View Full Version : Going to Florida to ride....Whats the best area

Nick110
02-07-2008, 08:22 PM
Today my buddy told me I could ride his practice quad if I wanted to go down to Florida with them. Since my quad is not done I said Hell ya. So we need to know of the best area in FL to go to. Right now we are going to Waldo.

FHKracingZ
02-07-2008, 08:36 PM
waldo is gay, way to man bikes.

Goto Amp Extreme in live oak, county line over by panama city. GOTTA do paxtrax south of jacksonville, then hit up hard rock , has 7 different tracks and its a good variety.

02-07-2008, 08:36 PM
Hit up Hard Rock Cycle Park in Ocala, FL. They have tons of tracks for everything there. if you have seen Huevo 9 theres a huge section on the 1 track there. Also Croom in Brooksville, FL its about an hour - hour and a half from Ocala. Croom is 1 big riding area with pits, cliffs, 2,600 acres of trails. Both are great places and places were all the pro MX/ATV riders come down in the winter to practice and have fun.

my88r
02-07-2008, 08:39 PM
im planning on going to Croom. as we might go to bike week this year.:cool:

02-07-2008, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by my88r
im planning on going to Croom. as we might go to bike week this year.:cool:

I'm out at Croom either every week or every other week. Its only 20 - 25 minutes from my house.

Nick110
02-07-2008, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by FHKracingZ
waldo is gay, way to man bikes.

Goto Amp Extreme in live oak, county line over by panama city. GOTTA do paxtrax south of jacksonville, then hit up hard rock , has 7 different tracks and its a good variety.

Word thanks man. I think we will be going to Hardrock. By any chance do you know the prices to ride for a day?

my88r
02-07-2008, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
I'm out at Croom either every week or every other week. Its only 20 - 25 minutes from my house.

i will let you know when we will be there. that's if my uncle gets his insurance money as his ktm got stolen. but we will be in a white fun mover down their.

CTmxyfz
02-07-2008, 08:57 PM
Hardrock is the ****. Ahh i havent been there since i crashed last march lol. Pax trax is a cool track as well. Definately hit up live oak. Sick track, the SSQSA racing series had two races here and i went to them and loved that track.

Ex_Rider43
02-07-2008, 10:09 PM
Nick when are you going down there ?

Were going there on Feb. 29th , hitting waldo first but we will probably ride Amp a lot more , hardrock a bit .. Pax also.

JRP
02-08-2008, 05:10 AM
nick come pick me up on ur way down, my quads done.

Nick110
02-08-2008, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Ex_Rider43
Nick when are you going down there ?

Were going there on Feb. 29th , hitting waldo first but we will probably ride Amp a lot more , hardrock a bit .. Pax also.

We will be riding from the 18th to the 24th. I guess were gonna be hitting up a couple places.

and Pepper I dont like you so why would I pick you up?

BLU82
02-08-2008, 01:20 PM
I'll be at hardrock the 16th to the 22nd:macho I'll be in a 36 motorcoach with a 16 foot trailer.

klutch
02-08-2008, 02:04 PM
Hard Rock, Croom, and Ocala National Forest, 3 awesome riding spots here in Florida.

416exfreak
02-08-2008, 05:26 PM
If you come through calvary GA on your way down, stop at the FasTrac MX Ranch. Its about 5 miles from the FL/GA border.

County Line, AmpXtreme, FasTrac, Hardrock and Thunderbowl Speedway are a few places I can think of.

Good luck Nick, and bring tires that are suited for sand.

klutch
02-08-2008, 05:29 PM
umm County Line if you are talking about the "County Line" track in South Florida. That track flat out sucks I hate that track, Seminole MX is great though. Also, county line is under new management now known as "Miami MX Park"

416exfreak
02-08-2008, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by klutch
umm County Line if you are talking about the "County Line" track in South Florida. That track flat out sucks I hate that track, Seminole MX is great though. Also, county line is under new management now known as "Miami MX Park"

Im not reffering to any trackin South FL. The county line MX Im talking about is on HWY 231 about 7 or 8 miles north of Panama City.

Ripitupfilms
02-10-2008, 03:08 PM
dont waste your time at hardrock its garbage. if u like flat tires then u should go. ask lawson,dunk, natalie and wimmer about flats.

everyone thinks it awesome just cuss its in huevos untill u actually go there.

Nick110
02-10-2008, 06:53 PM
OK thanks gloop. Are the tracks down there open during the week for practice?

And Ill be in a 08 f350 with a grey toy hauler. Im riding a LTR with the number 155 on it.

Ripitupfilms
02-10-2008, 07:15 PM
most are other than mondays. FLying high mx is sick, waldo is ok if your only riding there one day. amp extreme is sick, bithlo is like atco , pax is sick buts its all table tops.

deathman53
02-10-2008, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by atvracer9m
dont waste your time at hardrock its garbage. if u like flat tires then u should go. ask lawson,dunk, natalie and wimmer about flats.

everyone thinks it awesome just cuss its in huevos untill u actually go there.

I was at hardrock for 6 days, its awesome, no flat tires. However wore out a set of turf tamers pretty quick. Natalie was there when we were, so was Chris borich and some other pro's. I could see getting flat tires if the only track you ride on is the roller coaster track, its quite rocky. I rode all the tracks and the trails on my dirtbike, my quads got the tracks, too. I wore out a set of tires on the dirtbike too. That place is like riding on the street, its almost as bad as Rausch Creek. I used grooved radial fronts for my quads.

FHKracingZ
02-10-2008, 09:02 PM
Nick , hardrock is a fun place. No track they have is on the level of amp extreme, pax, or stateline but they have 3 different mx tracks you can ride so you get a variety. The track in huevos 9 is so different from how the track is now its not even funny..

County line is about 45min east of panama city and its flat out sick..

Amp is $25
Pax is $25 + 10 to camp a night
Waldo is $35 + 15 to camp w/ hook ups
Stateline is $25 i believe it didnt pay :)
hardrock is $25 and 10 to camp w/hookups

If i had to rate them :
1. Amp Extreme
2. Paxtrax
3. Stateline
4. Waldo
5. Hardrock

you will have fun were ever you go!

Nick110
02-11-2008, 12:47 PM
Nick , hardrock is a fun place. No track they have is on the level of amp extreme, pax, or stateline but they have 3 different mx tracks you can ride so you get a variety. The track in huevos 9 is so different from how the track is now its not even funny..

Amp is $25
Pax is $25 + 10 to camp a night
Waldo is $35 + 15 to camp w/ hook ups
Stateline is $25 i believe it didnt pay :)
hardrock is $25 and 10 to camp w/hookups

If i had to rate them :
1. Amp Extreme
2. Paxtrax
3. Stateline
4. Waldo
5. Hardrock

you will have fun were ever you go!

Ya I cant wait, This will be the first time riding in like 4 months.

If anyone sees us stop over and say hey, you will be welcomed to party with us at night.

416exfreak
02-11-2008, 04:13 PM

AMEN BROTHA!!!!:macho

Elevation changes like a mofo.

I actually think that track was made in an old clay pit. It makes perfect sense.:p

Nick110
02-13-2008, 02:23 PM
If anyone is going to be down there from the 18th to the 24th hit me up on AIM.

Fofiddynick110